User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #1
mx5mzr6 OP
Banned

Oddometer: 6
Prescription meds and hand numbness

As I've gotten older I notice more tingling in my hands than when I was younger. I'm in my late 40s. One thing that is different than when I was younger is that I take blood pressure and cholesterol meds. The other night I looked up each of the meds with the word tingling on google. Each one of the 5 said that a possible side effect could be tinging. Do you guys think the the meds could be the reason?
mx5mzr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Depends, do you have an erection that last for more than four hours?

That can cause it too.

Srsly. Talk to the doctor. Lowering blood pressure too much can reduce blood flow. Not good on a bike.
Rgconner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #3
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,396
Go see a doctor. You may have Carpal Tunnel or maybe other problems med-related....
Old 05-07-2014, 03:15 PM   #4
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx5mzr6 View Post
As I've gotten older I notice more tingling in my hands than when I was younger. I'm in my late 40s. One thing that is different than when I was younger is that I take blood pressure and cholesterol meds. The other night I looked up each of the meds with the word tingling on google. Each one of the 5 said that a possible side effect could be tinging. Do you guys think the the meds could be the reason?
Same age , same meds and same problems. . I attribute the numbness in my hands and wrists to pinched nerves as it existed before the meds, just not as bad.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
bemiiten
League of Adventures

Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Same age , same meds and same problems. It's happens at night 98% of the time. I attribute the numbness in my hands and wrists to pinched nerves as it existed before the meds, just not as bad.
bemiiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 PM   #6
Rgconner
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
The other option is to adjust/raise the handlebars so you are not leaning on them.

Bike is easier to change than you are.
Rgconner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:38 PM   #7
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 821
I never wanted to see the man, either. It's just tough to acknowledge getting older.

While your symptoms may seem related to the meds you take, they also seem related to nerve compression IMHO.

The point I'd really like to make is that Dr. AdvRider is not a reliable physician.

I do suggest that you do your research and try to fully understand your condition(s). At least that way, you can ask the right questions when Dr. YouAreMortal,M.D. offers HIS educated opinion.

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #8
SkunkWizard
recycle crime scene tape

Oddometer: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill harris View Post
go see a doctor. You may have carpal tunnel or maybe other problems med-related....
+1
SkunkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:10 PM   #9
Webstermark
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
I have asthma and take a steroid, Prednisone. In high traffic situations like a highway jam for couple miles, I get terrible craps in my left hand and left foot. A couple fairly important appendages.....
Webstermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:54 PM   #10
REALGRAVEROBBER
LEAVING GRAVES EMPTY

Oddometer: 318
I'm a pharmacy student and can look up adverse effects of medicines, if you PM me the medicine and dose you are taking. We have to memorize, and reference this stuff a few times a day so it's no trouble really.

PM only though

Dr. Frazier Writing
REALGRAVEROBBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:52 AM   #11
fast1075
Fasterizer

Oddometer: 107
If you are on a statin, it could be a contributing factor. Statins can cause nerve/muscle damage. I had been on Crestor for several years and the side effects were horrible. In my case it wasn't tingling, it was cramps. Horrible debilitating cramps.