Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #16
ColoSean
Yard-sale Expert

Oddometer: 648
Ordered it from Adam and it was a perfect transaction. Very well packed and on time. Set up in seconds with my iphone4 and I was using it right away. Did a couple of hundred Colorado miles and it worked well.

I'll report back on the pros and cons after I get some ore miles. Here are a couple things I noticed right off the bat.

- good mounting to the helmet
- On the Shoei Hornet you have to situate the ear pieces very carefully if you don't want them to rub on your ears. Arai should have no issues.
- sometimes when I turned my head far to the right, the volume went up. Wind? It was usually at 60mph+
- You don't even notice it on your helmet when riding. Very small.
- buttons/dial are easy to access
- I put my iphone in the map compartment on my tank bag and it shut down due to over heating. So then I put my phone in my right leg pocket. On occasion, I felt like the Bluetooth would cut out a little. I switched the phone to my left leg pocket and did not have the same issue.
- It's great for turning the volume down at stoplights to talk with other riders.

All and all, very happy. thanks RocketMoto!
ColoSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Does anyone know if a bluetooth adapter exists that allows you to hook up a traditional radio (like FRS/GMRS) w/ a headset/mic jack to pair w/ a SENA? I noticed the SMH5 doesn't have an aux jack, it's just straight BT.

EDIT: Nevermind... Sena has a product for that already! Sena BT Radio Hub. :rollseyes

FirstLight screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 01:18 PM
FirstLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #18
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLight View Post
Does anyone know if a bluetooth adapter exists that allows you to hook up a traditional radio (like FRS/GMRS) w/ a headset/mic jack to pair w/ a SENA? I noticed the SMH5 doesn't have an aux jack, it's just straight BT.

EDIT: Nevermind... Sena has a product for that already! Sena BT Radio Hub. :rollseyes
You can do this two ways - first is to use the SR10 Bluetooth hub. A second option is using a 2-way Bluetooth adapter like the Camos BTA-R.

Questions? Give us a call on 877.533.4245.
Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Sweet. Any info on how long the sets will be backordered?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #20
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Sweet. Any info on how long the sets will be backordered?
Hi FL:

Just updated the online store. In stock - order away...

Use code at checkout time FYYFF8 to get your ADV discount.

Thanks!
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
PhilMills
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Eh? Ouch.

I just got a pair of SMH5s from RocketMoto last week and love them so far.

The one complaint I have about it is that it gives me heart attacks every time the phone rings. I tool around town without earplugs and have music playing via bluetooth on the lowest volume. Note that: LOWEST volume. When I get an incoming phone call, the music audio briefly maxes out (maybe a quarter-second) and a chime gets played VERY loudly to let me know I've got a phone call.

Turns out that yelling "SH*T! OW! WTF!" as you have a heart attack from surprise is pretty effective at kicking in the vox-to-answer feature, so I guess I've got that going for me.
PhilMills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #22
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilMills View Post
I just got a pair of SMH5s from RocketMoto last week and love them so far.

The one complaint I have about it is that it gives me heart attacks every time the phone rings. I tool around town without earplugs and have music playing via bluetooth on the lowest volume. Note that: LOWEST volume. When I get an incoming phone call, the music audio briefly maxes out (maybe a quarter-second) and a chime gets played VERY loudly to let me know I've got a phone call.

Turns out that yelling "SH*T! OW! WTF!" as you have a heart attack from surprise is pretty effective at kicking in the vox-to-answer feature, so I guess I've got that going for me.
Hey Phil - what's your number, and when are you going riding? We'll set you up on auto re-dial
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 05-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Anyone having an issue with phone call volume when connecting a SMH5 to a Droid phone. I can hear callers fine but no one can hear me unless I yell. Not my first BT so I am familiar with Mic placement. Even testing it off bike does not work. Settgins on phone are correct, I turned off VOX on the unit and I've tried different mic...no help. Right now, Sena support sucks. Emaied them 3 times without a resource. Has anyone had this issue before. Any fixes?

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #24
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Wow! Looks like a good deal. Wish I'd seen it earlier! I'm going on a 2-up ride for the long weekend and would love to have this setup.

Just FYI, looks like you home page is listing the setup at $96.75, but when you click on it it's listed at $109.65. No biggie, but I wanted to point it out to you.

I've got a bike to sell... but then I'll be back!
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #25
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Anyone having an issue with phone call volume when connecting a SMH5 to a Droid phone. I can hear callers fine but no one can hear me unless I yell. Not my first BT so I am familiar with Mic placement. Even testing it off bike does not work. Settgins on phone are correct, I turned off VOX on the unit and I've tried different mic...no help. Right now, Sena support sucks. Emaied them 3 times without a resource. Has anyone had this issue before. Any fixes?
I can't speak for the Droid but my Atrix was like that until I turned off the backgound noise reduction setting (or whatever it is called) on the phone and that improves things a lot. If the Droid has that feature it might be worth checking.

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #26
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
I can't speak for the Droid but my Atrix was like that until I turned off the backgound noise reduction setting (or whatever it is called) on the phone and that improves things a lot. If the Droid has that feature it might be worth checking.
Believe that is an Android standard feature. At least it has been on the HTC and Samsung Android phones I've used.

It's under Settings->Call->Additional Settings->Noise Suppression.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #27
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Believe that is an Android standard feature. At least it has been on the HTC and Samsung Android phones I've used.

It's under Settings->Call->Additional Settings->Noise Suppression.
Thanks for the insite but unfortunately, my phone does not have a Noise Suppression setting. What I find odd is that I can re-pair my Midland BT2 to the phone and everything works fine. So this is something specific between the Droid and the Sena headsets. I have the dual pack of the SMH5 and bot do this. Very odd. I'm ready to throw in the towel with Sena and look elsewhere for my next bluetooth headset.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
Old 05-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #28
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Thanks for the insite but unfortunately, my phone does not have a Noise Suppression setting. What I find odd is that I can re-pair my Midland BT2 to the phone and everything works fine. So this is something specific between the Droid and the Sena headsets. I have the dual pack of the SMH5 and bot do this. Very odd. I'm ready to throw in the towel with Sena and look elsewhere for my next bluetooth headset.
Can you call us on Thursday - I'd like to hear what this sounds like? 877.533.4245. I'll be a the shop from 9am to about 4pm eastern time.
| Hi-Power LED Lights

Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #29
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Adam,

Thank you for the offer. Through dumb luck and and trying something like WTF, lets try this, I got everything to work. Turns out that on one of my units (I have the dual pack), the mic was mis-wired. So I plugged the mic into the headset by NOT lining up the arrows and putting it in the opposite way. Well it all worked when I did this. So much for Sena quality control.

BTW, I did call Sena tech support earlier in the week and they were totally useless. All they could offer was to make sure the arrows are lined up, which they were. So I thought, what happens if the arrows DO NOT line up. Yep shit works when you do the opposite of what the engineers intended and the factory overseas builds.

Thanks,
T

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
Old 06-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #30
RocketMoto OP
2 Many Motersikles

Quote:
Hey Adam,

Thank you for the offer. Through dumb luck and and trying something like WTF, lets try this, I got everything to work. Turns out that on one of my units (I have the dual pack), the mic was mis-wired. So I plugged the mic into the headset by NOT lining up the arrows and putting it in the opposite way. Well it all worked when I did this. So much for Sena quality control.

BTW, I did call Sena tech support earlier in the week and they were totally useless. All they could offer was to make sure the arrows are lined up, which they were. So I thought, what happens if the arrows DO NOT line up. Yep shit works when you do the opposite of what the engineers intended and the factory overseas builds.

Thanks,
T
Geesh!

Oh, you want one that is wired correctly? There's an extra charge for that...

Give us a call and we can swap that one for you, 877.533.4245.
| Hi-Power LED Lights