Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
chaser of the chook OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Maldon vic to Finke

Anyone interested in joining the ride.
Riding from the World round Trials Championship in Maldon Victoria 25th May to Finke to have a look at the Finke desert race 2 weeks later. Planning to ride around the Victorian coast to South Aus & then up thru the Flinders Ranges,Oodnadata track & up into the NT. Want to have a look at the rock & Madonald Ranges. Then from Alice to Birdsville, Innamincka ,Camerons corner , Bourke ,Burren Junction then home to Sawtell. Riding an X challenge with a V strom in tow which will be only doing the easier roads.Set up for camping & cooking .
chaser of the chook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
wairau
richie

Oddometer: 1,279
Sorry, mate just found this. Which way are you going from Alice to Birdsville?
wairau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 AM   #3
chaser of the chook OP
Adventurer

Alice to Birdsville

Doesn,t seem to be to many options , I will do this bit without my brother & the V strom. He is going onto Tennant creek ,mount Isa ect.I was looking at the Plenty hwy/Donohue to Boulia than the Developement rd to Birdsville. Then down to Innaminka, Camerons Corner & back into NSW. Not sure when i will be leaving Alice ,depends on if we see the Rock ,kings Canyon ect before the Finke Desert race.
Are you going to the Finke? Gav
Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #4
wairau
richie

Oddometer: 1,279
TBH I hadn't given it much thought. Its on the radar now, tho'. See how I go with those dates and my own travel progress. I'm guessing nearby accom may be a bit tight?
wairau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
suzukigirl66
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser of the chook View Post
Anyone interested in joining the ride.
Riding from the World round Trials Championship in Maldon Victoria 25th May to Finke to have a look at the Finke desert race 2 weeks later. Planning to ride around the Victorian coast to South Aus & then up thru the Flinders Ranges,Oodnadata track & up into the NT. Want to have a look at the rock & Madonald Ranges. Then from Alice to Birdsville, Innamincka ,Camerons corner , Bourke ,Burren Junction then home to Sawtell. Riding an X challenge with a V strom in tow which will be only doing the easier roads.Set up for camping & cooking .
Wish I could join you, i will be checking out the trials at Maldon because I only live a short ride from there (Maryborough) Why is the Strom only sticking to the easy roads? The trials week-end should be good.
suzukigirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
chaser of the chook OP
Adventurer

maldon trials

looking forward to the trials myself.I have a ride in a local event 2 days before I leave on my trip. The Strom is being ridden by my 60yr old brother who has no off road experience. He is going to do a little off the tar riding on our way down thru nsw to Vict, then we will see how he goes. I have come across beginners off road before who get in way too deep ,doing some risk assessment.