Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #16
PowerStrokin85
Off Road Trip!

Oddometer: 16
Nice there are four of us on here now, what do you all say we set up a ride. Maybe May 5th? Cinco de Mayo!

Here is my location. (IDK how this google map will work but I'll try it) If it doesnt work try this link: http://g.co/maps/bnjgm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour..."></iframe><br />http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...9,3.515625&z=8" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map
2001 F250 7.3L Diesel Power Stroke
Still learning...

PowerStrokin85 screwed with this post 04-18-2012 at 07:13 AM
PowerStrokin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #17
DirtRipper44 OP
Dig Deep

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Jo View Post
Hey, fresh meat on ADVR

I live about 20-30 minutes north of you... just started poking around here on ADVrider to see some gear set ups- I'm done with my current system and I'm ready to upgrade!

will try to keep up on what's going on here so find new folks to ride with even though there is absolutely NOTHING worth riding in these parts LOL- maybe we can make the long trek up there together.

I did a 200 mile trip up North Jersey NEPA about two weeks ago- it was okay- just so hard to get out of all the flat and boring of south jersey LOL.
finally someone else who feels my pain of the south jersey flat lands there are only like 4 or 5 spots i ride at. i'll have to take that trip up to colts neck... Lets meet up together in like deptford or something then we head up to meet up with powerstrokin.. that'd be sweet lets set it up

s
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
PowerStrokin85
Off Road Trip!

OK so I just checked with my wife and she has a big horse show May 5th, sorry guys. Can we do it Sunday May 6th instead?

I have a pretty good place we can meet up here to do some trail riding, we call it Crystal Lake. I'll get an address.
Still learning...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
PowerStrokin85
Off Road Trip!

Here is what I can get. We can meet here if thats good with you guys, its a bit south of me. We can head over to Belmar and hit the Wall Stadium pit and some others along the way.

Still learning...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
I-Jo
InappropriateJo

Oddometer: 13
I am trying to corner work the ccs race the first weekend in may. So I am not thinking I would make that anyway. Possibly the weekend after? Maybe Sunday would work.... Need to double check.

Oh. Side note. I am not a die hard advrider lol I am pretty much a poweder puff street go-er on my SV. I tend to be the track type rather than the dirt type... But I am game.for rambling go nowhere up north/east rides.

I am game for meeting up for drinks at a local watering hole too on slow nights.
I-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #21
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
Powerstrokin,

Is that area "calm"?

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #22
PowerStrokin85
Off Road Trip!

I-Jo: No prob for street riding, I like that too, any kind of riding is good with me! I am not too familiar with fun roads to ride around here though.

AC: Calm? The water is a lake so that is calm, there are never cops there and only ever a handful of people riding. There are lots of trails to ride and some wide open sandy sections. Lots of woops sections around the lake too. Not exactly sure what you mean by calm.
Still learning...
Old 04-19-2012, 07:19 AM   #23
avc8130
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerStrokin85 View Post
I-Jo: No prob for street riding, I like that too, any kind of riding is good with me! I am not too familiar with fun roads to ride around here though.

AC: Calm? The water is a lake so that is calm, there are never cops there and only ever a handful of people riding. There are lots of trails to ride and some wide open sandy sections. Lots of woops sections around the lake too. Not exactly sure what you mean by calm.

Sent you a PM.

ac
avc8130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #24
DirtRipper44 OP
Dig Deep

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Here is what I can get. We can meet here if thats good with you guys, its a bit south of me. We can head over to Belmar and hit the Wall Stadium pit and some others along the way.

Im down whenever...I-Jo just pick a date and a place for us to meet then we'll roll
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #25
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Jo View Post
Hey, fresh meat on ADVR

I live about 20-30 minutes north of you... just started poking around here on ADVrider to see some gear set ups- I'm done with my current system and I'm ready to upgrade!

will try to keep up on what's going on here so find new folks to ride with even though there is absolutely NOTHING worth riding in these parts LOL- maybe we can make the long trek up there together.

I did a 200 mile trip up North Jersey NEPA about two weeks ago- it was okay- just so hard to get out of all the flat and boring of south jersey LOL.
Hey Jo! First camping, now signing up at advrider! You're starting to scare me.

You guys need to come northwest of where you're at to do some good riding!... Of course, I'm like Jo, I have to stick to the roads that a sport touring tire will take me on. (for now anyhow, I'm hoping to pick up a dual sport sometime this summer... maybe)

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #26
PowerStrokin85
Off Road Trip!

Hey Max I'll come up north! Are these roads in PA or NJ?

I'll have my supermoto wheels soon and then street riding will be a lot of fun
Still learning...
Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #27
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
been trying to find more people to riding with. depending on the type of riding. got the klr 650 for rode and off road and the klr 250(330 killa) for strictly offroading. keep me in the loop on some rides. im not really good at these forum things. ya'll have a good day.
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #28
njsurferlarry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
hey max 384!!! from sugar notch??? my little brother lives there. he keeps telling me to bring my bike up there, he doesnt ride but says there is some good riding that way. only been to his place once and all we did was drink at some bar called thunder road or something like that.
njsurferlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #29
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Hey Max I'll come up north! Are these roads in PA or NJ?

I'll have my supermoto wheels soon and then street riding will be a lot of fun
To be honest, I rarely ride in NJ... If there are good roads there, I haven't seen them. I've found the best roads around my general area to be north of Wilkes Barre and Scranton, either in PA or NY.

If you ever want to go for a ride, shoot me a pm. If I have time (which is usually a big question mark), I'll probably be up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsurferlarry View Post
hey max 384!!! from sugar notch??? my little brother lives there. he keeps telling me to bring my bike up there, he doesnt ride but says there is some good riding that way. only been to his place once and all we did was drink at some bar called thunder road or something like that.
Ha. Small world. I only moved here two years ago, but ever since moving here, I've really had the itch to buy another dirt machine. There are tons of trails all around this area, mostly through old coal mining land. A dual sport is perfect for around here because there are tons of trails, and often require a short jaunt on a paved road to get to the next set of trails. You won't be disappointed if you bring a dirt-worthy bike up here.

Did you go to a bar in Sugar Notch? Or just outside? There were two bars in town when I moved here. However, one closed down (I forget the name, but I don't think it was called Thunder Road or anything similar), and the other one is a small sports bar called Major League sport bar.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #30
I-Jo
InappropriateJo

Oddometer: 13
oh herro max!!!

yeah- I was trying to find luggage threads and stuff- but I'm pretty much incompetent and can't work this site that well- LMAO.

And the more I'm here the more I realize sport-touring would be more my kind of place- there is a lot more "off road" that goes on here than I can comfortably deal with- I'm realistic about my shortcomings LMAO.

Sorry you couldn't come down with us yesterday- it was only a 50-60 mile trip but it was fun. She fucking rails through there- for me its kind of scary because I am SO used to flat and those her her roads LOL.

There pretty much are mediocre roads up in North Jersey- truly- they just barely satisfy the appiteite for wonderlust. If you are after true technical stuff you almost invariably cannot find it in Jersey- not that they are bad roads up there around- it's just they aren't that great compared to PA. I forgot also the first weekend in May I'm having teeth pulled- so I'm sure squeezing my stupid helmet into a swollen face won't work LMAO. so yeah first week in May is a no go for me. trying to think of what's going on next weekend- might be game for some wondering! :)

ah poopie- emergency trip to Virginia just came up... see ya guys later!
I-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote