ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
URBAN INFIDEL OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 34
I was thinking along those lines, but Guy suggested another way to go that is a good solution - so I think I will be set.

I've never owned a R1150R - I am afraid the '94 GSPD is a "new" bike in my world! I have seen Pelican cases used as side cases before - they seem perfect for the task!
URBAN INFIDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #17
2twisted
GoodNYou
 
2twisted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Sebago Lake Me
Oddometer: 2,857
What is a good used GSPD driveshaft worth these days.
2twisted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #18
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT
 
One Less Harley's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Oddometer: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2twisted View Post
What is a good used GSPD driveshaft worth these days.

..only good as reminder why mono levers are so popular
__________________
2004 BMW R1150RS
1984 BMW R80G/S
(wrenching index)
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #19
ontic
…
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Melbourne
Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownAirhead View Post


I talked to Guy… he IS a good guy, and a solution is in hand.



I think this deserves re-quoting. Despite the original 'half cocked' post, because of all the support he has gotten, I think the only message that a reader will take from this is that Guy is an excellent person to do business with.
I imagine having a public presence on these kind of forums can be a double edged sword for some of these professionals (Guy, Anton, Wirespokes, etc, etc).
All I can say is thanks for being here and doing what you do guys.

Myself,
Like many others, I've got a custom triple clamp set from Guy which is beautiful and perfect.
He also worked out and provided a plug and play Scotts stabiliser mounting kit for my G/S, including a pin tower that he makes himself. He had to work things out, order parts, and provide a custom made part- and he didn't even get to make any money on a stabiliser sale to go with it because I had bought a cheapy second hand one off ebay.
Did all this happen overnight? No of course not. I was patient and it happened in good time and I have 200% satisfaction with it.
Good on you Guy!
__________________
1974 R90/6
1981 R80G/S
1994 XLR250R
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
fishkens
Further...
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 5,147
Whee! All this in just over 8 hours. I heart the interwebs.
fishkens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #21
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous
 
Wirespokes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Jackson's Bottom Oregon
Oddometer: 8,014
All's well that ends well!

I'm glad this all worked out! None of us are perfect and sometimes we lose track in one way or another. The important thing is to repair the damage, make things right and move on. I grew up with the dumb idea that once something was said, it was too late to retract it.

Bull S**t!

It takes some guts to admit you're wrong and then fix it, especially in a group situation! My X never did.

I get stuff from Guy - a real stand-up kinda guy. You know, I think we're all pretty cool here!
__________________
Wanted: Dead, smashed, crashed or trashed gauges
BMW GAUGE REPAIRS - TACH*SPEEDO*CLOCK*VOLT METER *PODs & LIGHT BOARD*
Wirespokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #22
cycleman2
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 519
The old adage that you should count to 10 before one opens his/her mouth applies to the web. People in business survive on their reputation and with the web your comments are there for all to see forever.

The original post is a good lesson for all of us on how not to be.
__________________
1971 R50/5 Cafe Project
2013 DL650 Adv
cycleman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #23
robtg
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: san jose
Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post
the old adage that you should count to 10 before one opens his/her mouth applies to the web. People in business survive on their reputation and with the web your comments are there for all to see forever.

The original post is a good lesson for all of us on how not to be.

+1
robtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT
 
One Less Harley's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Bowling Green, Ky
Oddometer: 4,655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirespokes View Post
It takes some guts to admit you're wrong and then fix it, ...........My X never did.

sure she did...she got a divorce didn't she......I'm sure your both happier.
__________________
2004 BMW R1150RS
1984 BMW R80G/S
(wrenching index)
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #25
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous
 
Wirespokes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Jackson's Bottom Oregon
Oddometer: 8,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
sure she did...she got a divorce didn't she......I'm sure your both happier.
I'm not sure how to take that since it sounds like I was being the badass. The funny thing was that she was slinking around with another guy and trying to piss me off so I'd leave, and I was too blind to see what was going on even though everyone else saw it. I was so clueless I actually thought I was the reason the marriage ended.

I don't know about her (have no interest in whether she's doing shitty or great - couldn't care less), but my life has been sooo much better even considering the low spots, since the divorce. I should have ended it ten years earlier!

As for the subject of this thread - have none of you ever screwed up and said or done something you later regretted? Let's take the position of teachers or trainers if we're above booboos like this, and help others attain the same heights. It's one thing if the person continually commits the same blunders, but this was a first time, and there's all indications it was the last. From all appearances, the upset has been handled, apologies given and accepted, so let's be big about this and move on. Ok?
__________________
Wanted: Dead, smashed, crashed or trashed gauges
BMW GAUGE REPAIRS - TACH*SPEEDO*CLOCK*VOLT METER *PODs & LIGHT BOARD*
Wirespokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #26
wirewrkr
the thread-killer
 
wirewrkr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: HIGH desert
Oddometer: 4,295
Good ol' Terry, always the level headed one...........................
Agree, let's put it to bed and move on.
__________________

www.wirewerkes.com
KILL YOUR TELEVISION !!!!
wirewrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #27
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer
 
AntonLargiader's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Oddometer: 4,189
Since Terry bumped the thread I'll respond.

Chitown/Urban: If someone posts A, and people reply B, and the OP changes A to something else, then the B replies are orphaned. The conversation is broken; that's not fair to the people who bother to respond to you. I often see responders quote the whole first post just to preserve it, because there are people out there who delete their post once their question is answered. It's really annoying when these threads come up in a search.

My response to you is meaningless if the reader can't read what I was responding to. And you can't expect us to go back and rewrite our responses to match your latest first post. Even when I edit a response of mine I will usually leave the original stuff there for this reason. It's not about you, it's about respecting the fact that a public conversation happened.

I really do appreciate that you 'manned up' in OLH's words, but erasing the evidence isn't part of that.
__________________
Anton Largiader largiader.com BMWRA.org
AntonLargiader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #28
URBAN INFIDEL OP
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Oddometer: 34
"erasing evidence"

SHEESH!
URBAN INFIDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #29
Wirespokes
Beemerholics Anonymous
 
Wirespokes's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2002
Location: Jackson's Bottom Oregon
Oddometer: 8,014
I do agree with Anton on that point. By the time I saw the thread, the original post had already been erased and I had no idea what the brouhaha was all about. If Anton hadn't saved it, there would have been a mystery for anyone stumbling upon it.

If it was me, I'd take a close look at it and understand where Anton's coming from. I think that's the reason this is continuing - because his viewpoint hasn't been understood or acknowledged. It's simply a point of etiquette.

So let him know you got it and understand, and this should all blow over.

Cool?
__________________
Wanted: Dead, smashed, crashed or trashed gauges
BMW GAUGE REPAIRS - TACH*SPEEDO*CLOCK*VOLT METER *PODs & LIGHT BOARD*
Wirespokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
camgregus
riding gently now
 
camgregus's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: on the banks of the mighty mississippi, AR side
Oddometer: 2,998
I made rude comments on the interwebs about someone one time who has turned into a good friend .

Mostly made the comments due to rumors floating around in meatspace..... Mostly false.

I did make it right and apologize both in person and in the web space I made the original comments on.
__________________
got to get it on the good foot
camgregus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014