User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Scottoiler Automatic Chain Oilers Official Vendor Thread and Q&A Session

This is the official vendor thread for ScottoilerUSA - manufacturer of automatic motorcycle chain oiler systems. We are a company based in Glasgow, Scotland and have recently expanded into the US. We are based in Bedford, PA and have a dedicated support phone line for all your questions.

My name is Matt and I would like to offer all you ADVRiders a little insight into Scottoiler and our products. Feel free to ask all your questions here and I will make sure to answer them as soon as I can.

Scottoiler manufactures automatic chain lubrication systems for all kinds of motorcycles. The system replaces the regular, time consuming process of cleaning and re-lubricating your chain.

Tacky chain spray is the main hassle many modern motorcyclist face: It picks ups dirt and grit from the road and creates a huge mess on your chain. If this paste is not frequently removed and the chain relubed your chain and sprockets will quickly wear out, resulting in costly replacement parts and workshop costs.

A Scottoiler system is a bolt-on accessory that caries non-tacky chain oil in a small reservoir on your bike and dispenses a small amount of oil to your chain while you ride. 1 drop of oil per minute is all it takes to ensure perfect chain lubrication. No more hassle of manual lubrication, save money on replacement parts and enjoy more time to ride.

Feel free to ask all your questions here.
For more basic information about how chain lubrication works click here.

Cheers and looking forward to your questions!
Matt

ScottoilerUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:19 AM   #2
Sir. Waffles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Any discount for advriders? I'm looking to add a vsystem to a Tiger 800.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 AM   #3
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Hi Sir Waffles

YES - sorry, good question and yes we do have a 10% discount and free shipping to continental US for ADVRiders.
Please call our Roger on (814) 592-7003 and quote that you came from the ADVRider Forum.

The discount is currently running till the end of February.

Thanks
Matt
Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 AM   #4
Sir. Waffles
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
Thanks Matt, I'll have an order incoming.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:54 AM   #5
Spyderrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
re lubricants

I have the non elect. system on my bike and need lubricants. Do I need to use the official lubricants or can I use something else that I may have around my garage?
Spyderrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderrider View Post
I have the non elect. system on my bike and need lubricants. Do I need to use the official lubricants or can I use something else that I may have around my garage?
We can only recommend our own oils - its tested with both our materials and your chain components and has the right amount of tack additives to reduce the amount of fling you get.

You can use other engine oils if you want but your system would then not be covered by our warranty anymore. Maybe try a few different weights of oil and see what works best for your climate. You will however get more fling off. Also never use old engine oil as it can have small metal particles in it and those will destroy your chain in no time.

Our Scottoil refill oils are currently priced at $9.95 for a 500ml bottle. This bottle will last you 10,000 miles at a recommended flow rate of 1 drop per minute.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #7
J&K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Do you have any videos on setup and mounting your oiling system?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:24 AM   #8
Solarbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 490
I've been meaning to order one of these cause I hate cleaning and oiling my chain and messing around with spray lubricants. Calling today and also posting a link to this thread at the forums listed below.
Solarbronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #9
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&K View Post
Do you have any videos on setup and mounting your oiling system?
Hi! Yes we have videos for both our vSystem (vacuum activated) and eSystem (electronic system, accelerometer activated) on YouTube:

vSystem: Unboxing - Installation - Setup Playlist

eSystem - Unboxing - Installation - Setup - On Bike Playlist

You can also check the installation for your specific bike make and model in our model-specific install guides.

If you have any specific questions regarding the installation please let me know.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #10
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarbronco View Post
I've been meaning to order one of these cause I hate cleaning and oiling my chain and messing around with spray lubricants. Calling today and also posting a link to this thread at the forums listed below.
Hi Solarbronco!

Great stuff! Roger will be happy to answer all your questions! Also thank you very much for posting on the other forums, thats really helpful!

Let us know how you get on with your installation and your new Scottoiler!

Cheers!
Matt
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM   #11
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
I have been using Scottoilers on my bikes for years. First thing I do to the bike when I get it. I tried using moly chain lube on my Triumph Tiger 1050 when I got it but it was a pain & the chain didn't last as long as with the oiler--so---on with the Scottoiler.

Any oil that does fling off is much easier to clean than chain lube spray that sticks to everything but the chain...

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:06 AM   #12
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR View Post
I have been using Scottoilers on my bikes for years. First thing I do to the bike when I get it. I tried using moly chain lube on my Triumph Tiger 1050 when I got it but it was a pain & the chain didn't last as long as with the oiler--so---on with the Scottoiler.

Any oil that does fling off is much easier to clean than chain lube spray that sticks to everything but the chain...
Awesome! Spread the word! We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this year in the UK and have been popular in Europe for the last 25 years but we are fairly new and unknown in the US. Speak to your friends and your local dealer :-)
Old 02-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #13
medic man
MEDIC MAN

Oddometer: 76
Ducati

Any chance you make one for a 800ss?
2005 POLARIS SPORTSMAN 800
medic man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:33 AM   #14
ScottoilerUSA OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by medic man View Post
Any chance you make one for a 800ss?
Hi Medic Man!

I assume you mean the Polaris Sportsman 800 in your signature? We have not done an installation on this particular ATV ourselfs but we have many customers that install our systems on ATVs and on (raching) go-karts.

Both our systems, the vacuum operated and the electronic operated, are universal and come with a variety of fixutres and fittings.

I think in your case you should check if you have a vacuum connection or not, how you would mount the system (should have plenty of space) and how you would mount the injector nozzle to the sprocket. Maybe you could take some pictures and email them to technical @ scottoiler.com.

Thanks
Matt
Old 02-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #15
Spyderrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
What scottoiler oil do you recommend for the pacific NW?
Spyderrider is offline   Reply With Quote