Oddometer: 532
C'mon, take it outside somewhere.

Mark
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #77
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Apparently one guy (from another forum source) made a reservation on the Ferry. When you do a reservation the Ferry must comply with.
We'll see how is going.

His statement:

Booked!

Paid and reserved my spot May 31 for the first voyage across....here is the beakdown for a 2001 Xterra 9smaller vehicles are cheaper)

Person roundtrip

100 + 100(tax) 200

Truck

225 + 225(each way 450

.03 charge for visa 19.50

deposit for food (refundable) must be paid at departure

there will also be an insurance charge while on the boat. I took a plunge trusting it should not be that hefty, and at this rate, its already saving a bundle. I should know the insurance cost soon.

At this time, no one way tickets are sold....maybe if they develop a one way downt he road, the rates could become cheaper.....

I used VISA and paid the ridiculous extra fee solely because I wanted visa on my side if these guys don't come through as promised. But maybe paying cash you could save 20 bucks...

This is a coach seat only, you pay major upgrade if you want a room.

Wish me luck!

US SHIPPING Now open: APRIL 2014 Container SANTIAGO CHILE to LOS ANGELES
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #78
luciosiq
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
So do you spam HU too?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #79
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Panamerican Ferry

We have just received from a source, the FULL CONDITIONS AND COSTS from' Panamerican Ferrys' organizing the Panama -Colombia service.

You could see it at our THREAD at the bottom of the page. We don't want to publish it here because possible conflicts with ADV policy.

On this link: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582

We do not endorse or share veracity from Panamerican Ferrys notices . However we do share with ADV their notices.

GastonUSAChile screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 03:25 PM
Old 05-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #80
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
We have just received from a source, the FULL CONDITIONS AND COSTS from' Panamerican Ferrys' organizing the Panama -Colombia service.

You could see it at our THREAD at the bottom of the page. We don't want to publish it here because possible conflicts with ADV policy.

On this link: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582

We do not endorse or share veracity from Panamerican Ferrys notices . However we do share with ADV their notices.
$85 for a bike, $170 for bike+rider.

Direct link to Gaston's post:
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....7&postcount=15
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #81
makinwaves
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by markharf View Post
C'mon, take it outside somewhere.

Mark
+1

Let's share the information, not the insults.
makinwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #82
bananaman
transcontimental

Oddometer: 6,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by makinwaves View Post
+1

Let's share the information, not the insults.
I don't understand Gaston's motivation. Is he planning to collect a commission for ferry tickets? Why would anyone pay a commission for what's already easy?
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #83
markharf
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
His motivation will become clear with time. All you can do by harassing him is make a godawful mess of things and make yourself look foolish. If that's your goal, be my guest. If not, your path is clear.

It's a thread about a ferry (or at least, the ghost of a ferry).

Mark
markharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #84
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

I've never seen such a retarded and mediocre person in my whole life. It is clear that that 'B' man should be banned completely from ADV. Besides, all those allusions to prostitutes pictures on Girag thread are immoral and out the this forum concept. I have already done my complain to the moderator and it is up to him and ADV owner to ban those pictures.
Hopefully that girl is not seeing her photo published on Girag Thread , because easily whoever posted and made allusions could go to court and big time jail.

This is an adventure rider forum!

Whoever think that we have commercial relations or something with PanAmerican ferrys, well we don't and we don't even care about their business, We posted their whereabouts because this is what this 'Thread' is for. Nobody did it and we did! It is that simple.
It was linked and posted on our vendor page, and it is available to ADV participants.

GastonUSAChile screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 11:46 AM
Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 PM   #85
Cal
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 735
Personally I don't understand Bananamans dislike for Gaston? Seems like good information has been presented on the ferry service.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #86
jimmex
Wanderer

Oddometer: 1,981
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #87
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Personally I don't understand Bananamans dislike for Gaston? Seems like good information has been presented on the ferry service.
If you go back and follow some history here (mostly on OTHER threads on the Latin America forum) you'll find Gaston has already been chastised by ADV moderators for abusing the forum for commercial purposes. He's tried to steer new clients to his business(s) and his thread on Vendors forum.

So now, he's The POT, calling the Kettle Black. Get it?

He runs some sort of importation/freight forwarding business and has voiced objection to the Ferry from the start .... Now why is that?
Answer: The Ferry will put him out of business. Check it out. Others can confirm or deny these statements but if you go back and read posts (some have been stricken from the record) you can sort of put the pieces together.

Bananaman does not suffer fools ... and is not the diplomatic type ... but has been a strong and important ADV contributor for years. An actual rider ... who actually rides a motorcycle to far off places and an expert on Latin America travel. I haven't seen him use ADV to generate income or run a business.

Remember, ADV is a non commercial site. Don't believe this? Ask Baldy how many millions he's been offered to GO COMMERCIAL with ADV.
So far, he's not sold out. Big Kudos ... and a good reason why so many here contribute CASH when Baldy puts the word out for donations.

Adv Grifter screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 01:42 PM
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #88
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
If you go back and follow some history here you'll find Gaston has already been chastised by ADV moderators for abusing the forum for commercial purposes. He's tried to steer new clients to his business(s) and his thread on Vendors forum.

So now, he's The POT, calling the Kettle Black. Get it?

He runs some sort of importation/freight forwarding business and has voiced objection to the Ferry from the start .... Now why is that?
Answer: The Ferry will put him out of business. Check it out. Others can confirm or deny these statements but if you go back and read posts (some have been stricken from the record) you can sort of put the pieces together.

Bananaman does not suffer fools ... and is not the diplomatic type ... but has been a strong and important ADV contributor for years. An actual rider ... who actually rides a motorcycle to far off places and an expert on Latin America travel. I haven't seen him use ADV to generate income or run a business.

Remember, ADV is a non commercial site. Don't believe this? Ask Baldy how many millions he's been offered to GO COMMERCIAL with ADV.
So far, he's not sold out. Big Kudos ... and a good reason why so many here contribute CASH when Baldy puts the word out for donations.
Grifter,

First thing, you should learn to read well first. I must laugh about that ferry affecting my whereabouts. I don't care , actually I am happy of having that Ferry coming and all those souls and vehicles getting transported by this Ferry.
Good for the Panamerican spirit!
FOR YOUR INFO, my business or work doesn't get affected by FERRYS on Panama- Colombia channel. It is not my area, nor Central America.
Nope, I don't get commissions, or trying to bringing clients or so forth. I am focused on S.America , the south cone and Europe,

Girag most probably is concerned with the Ferry, but I am happy after all, their business was getting lousy and frankly 3rd world type of practice. After all,we work we serious and organized people.
My location is Miami , that have nothing to do with Panama. We work with other areas of S.America. So, your assumptions are completely wrong.
As for expertise on L.America?, haha don't teach me please.

Again, read well and tell me if my participation on Latin /American threads are abusive. Show me one of them.
Go and see the girls , and that is what I consider 'Abusive' and 'illegal'.

Now if you tell me that sharing intended information on this Thread have to do with business or other matters, hahahaha!!! you are wrong. Don't come then to read this thread is you are not interested on the Ferry.

Soon the moderator will come again to erase this Thread, just because a few like to mess this section with comments that have nothing to do with Ferry matters.

GastonUSAChile screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 02:02 PM
Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #89
Lone Rider

Oddometer: 25,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile View Post
I've never seen such a retarded and mediocre person in my whole life. It is clear that that 'B' man should be banned completely from ADV.....
Jeez, man, are you buzzed? If so, just say so. No harm - no foul. K?

'B' man is a f'ing pillar here. A solid guy who 'shares good info'. And his BS ain't bad either.

What is it that you really want?

You're on the edge, man. Take a step or two back - really. Pop a top or whatever - chill it.
Lone Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #90
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote