Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,307
This one looks pretty good:

http://www.directlift.com/ProCycle-M...ft-P57C15.aspx
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #17
1V-MAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Your title asks for "best value lift", some of the reponses are for "cheapest lift". I have seen cheap lifts (brand names with held) used and seen the same cheap lift actually bow the platform when a bike is loaded. You may save a few bucks and spend less for a lift but my opinion and my attachment to my bikes and my a$$ would prevent me from buying the cheapest.

I looked at various lifts for a long time before making a decision. In the end I bought a lift from K&L Supply

http://www.klsupply.com/SHOPLIFTEQUI...TYAIRLIFT.aspx

I will say the K&L is probably a lot more then the average guy would need or want ... it's big and it heavy. I've had everything on this lift from a 70 Suzuki 250, Boss Hoss, four wheelers etc etc ... I went with this because I use my lift A LOT. I also like my K&L because it has drop panels on front and rear, makes pulling both wheels very easy and weight capacity not issue with anything. I've had a GO-4 on top before ...

There are plenty of well made lifts that would function fine and be SAFE ... but will cost a little more then the HF and a lot less then the K&L. It depends on how you plan to use the lift, once a month or so, couple times a day?

Good luck to you, there are many choices available!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
McFuryMcNugget
me specie in dea ist

Oddometer: 499
The best of the best.

MAROLOTEST lift.

link.
http://www.marolotest.com/

McFury
Whats next ? Man walking on the moon ?.
All typing is done with One Finger using a MacPro Computer.
McFuryMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
freedomtwoup OP
freedomtwoup

Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1V-MAN View Post
Your title asks for "best value lift", some of the reponses are for "cheapest lift". I have seen cheap lifts (brand names with held) used and seen the same cheap lift actually bow the platform when a bike is loaded. You may save a few bucks and spend less for a lift but my opinion and my attachment to my bikes and my a$$ would prevent me from buying the cheapest.

I looked at various lifts for a long time before making a decision. In the end I bought a lift from K&L Supply

http://www.klsupply.com/SHOPLIFTEQUI...TYAIRLIFT.aspx

I will say the K&L is probably a lot more then the average guy would need or want ... it's big and it heavy. I've had everything on this lift from a 70 Suzuki 250, Boss Hoss, four wheelers etc etc ... I went with this because I use my lift A LOT. I also like my K&L because it has drop panels on front and rear, makes pulling both wheels very easy and weight capacity not issue with anything. I've had a GO-4 on top before ...

There are plenty of well made lifts that would function fine and be SAFE ... but will cost a little more then the HF and a lot less then the K&L. It depends on how you plan to use the lift, once a month or so, couple times a day?

Good luck to you, there are many choices available!
Thank you IV-Man. For me I gues every 6K. Only have 1 bike ... no etc's .....
Although I see that side wings & a decent chock are real important for an easy one man op ...
freedomtwoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #20
Gangplank
Advenchaintourer

Oddometer: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomtwoup View Post
Thank you IV-Man. For me I gues every 6K. Only have 1 bike ... no etc's .....
Although I see that side wings & a decent chock are real important for an easy one man op ...
There is a thread around here somewhere on Harbor Freight tools good or bad and the HF table gets good reviews except for the wheel chock which many replace.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
Yooper_Bob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,476
This one from Redline is on my Christmas list.

It includes: wheel chock, extentions, and many other goodies.

http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog...atv-lift-table
Yooper_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #22
freedomtwoup OP
freedomtwoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper_Bob View Post
This one from Redline is on my Christmas list.

It includes: wheel chock, extentions, and many other goodies.

http://www.redlinestands.com/catalog...atv-lift-table

Looks fantastic Y-B. built like a Beemer and just 3+ times my measly budget
Old 04-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #23
freedomtwoup OP
freedomtwoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
There is a thread around here somewhere on Harbor Freight tools good or bad and the HF table gets good reviews except for the wheel chock which many replace.
Thank you Gangplank.

Will most certainly replace the wheel chock. Hopefully they make side wings for the $300 puppy as well. Have not yet found this out.

Take care.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
freedomtwoup OP
freedomtwoup

Went for the Harbor Freight puppy with chock upgrade, unfortunately, they do Not offer extension side wings . . . Any bright ideas out there?
Old 04-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #25
2000RSV
Go Fast, Go Long

Oddometer: 2,080
I also have a HF lift - and love it. Handles everything from the little KZ440 to the 900+lb Venture. The only reason to need the side wings (that I can tell) is so you can deploy the kickstand once you drive it up. I just built a box out of old scrap wood and place it next to the lift where the kickstand lands. I then tie the bike to the lift with straps and am gtg.

Upgraded the chock last weekend but haven't used it yet.

J
2000RSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 AM   #26
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,456
Here is my Harbor Freight that I upgraded the chock on, also with a Harbor Freight model.

Works great.

That one job justified the purchase for me and it is soooo nice to have for regular maintenance.
The pedals slide off to give you more room to move around.

If I had it to do over I might brace the front chock a bit better but it works and my big pig hasn't put too much stress on it or fallen off yet. I like that chock because you can easily remove teh front brace to work on the front end.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM   #27
Iron Rey
Oh shit, not him!

Oddometer: 816
I've used my HF (with the standard chock) for over four years now, I trust my GSA, S1000RR, kids R100R, many of my friends bikes (including one friends GW that I change tires on on a regular basis) and have had zero issues. I know some wish it was wider, but I like being able to get close to it when I work.

One thing I did do was mount it to the floor for sure stability, not saying it is tippy, I would do it to a Handy as well.
Iron Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #28
k12lts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmftoy1 View Post
Best value is probably harbor freight but best built is "handy lift" (love mine)
+1 I love my Handy too.

I was ready to buy the Harbor Freight lift until I found a nice used Handy on Craigslist. I paid about twice as much for the used Handy as a new Harbor Freight with the coupon but It's money well spent.
k12lts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #29
freedomtwoup OP
freedomtwoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Here is my Harbor Freight that I upgraded the chock on, also with a Harbor Freight model.

Works great.

That one job justified the purchase for me and it is soooo nice to have for regular maintenance.
The pedals slide off to give you more room to move around.

If I had it to do over I might brace the front chock a bit better but it works and my big pig hasn't put too much stress on it or fallen off yet. I like that chock because you can easily remove the
front brace to work on the front end.
Thank you Mr. Fisherman . . . The real deal . . . of course I would be concerned about parts left over! It's been decades since I worked on my own bike. In the mid 60's it was a 1955 Triumph Thunderbird, Norton Dominator . . .
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomtwoup View Post
Thank you Mr. Fisherman . . . The real deal . . . of course I would be concerned about parts left over! It's been decades since I worked on my own bike. In the mid 60's it was a 1955 Triumph Thunderbird, Norton Dominator . . .
Its a lot easier if you start the job with the right expectations. Luke, who is in most of those pictures schooling me on proper pig dis-assembly and re-assembly told me "we eat any left over parts".

We had none
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote