the truth

Is't it the truth
Attached Images

seekeronsaltspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:09 PM   #2
claude
Sidecar Jockey

Oddometer: 3,775
Good one. Sidecars do promote family which is so cool. So many people think of sidecars as a means to keep riding as they age and so forth. This is true and not a bad thing but a huge market has never risen to the height that is potentially there. Think of this.....Boy meets girl. They both ride either together or each on their own bike. They both love to ride and motorcycles are a big part of what brought them together. In time for some reason a baby comes along. This is a good thing but one thing that formed their relationship is now different....motorcycles. Riding isn't the simple thing it once was. They either get someone to watch their child or they ride one at a time while th e other stays home. Well.... a sidecar can do what no other vehicle can do for these people. It can keep the family 'in the wind' to enjoy the things that were instrumental in part of forming a beautiful relationship to begin with. Yes. Sidecars may be goofy to some but to those who have seen what they can do for the whole family they are indeed a special thing.

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub at SCT
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

President: C Stanley Motorsports Inc.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsandTrailers/

http://freedomsidecars.com/
claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
norton(kel)
vintage

Oddometer: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekeronsaltspring View Post
Is't it the truth
and +1 for Claudes response!
norton(kel) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
3legs
Real men ride sidecars

Oddometer: 1,136
Where can we get a t-shirt. Love it.

3legs
3legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
szurszewski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude View Post
Good one. Sidecars do promote family which is so cool. So many people think of sidecars as a means to keep riding as they age and so forth. This is true and not a bad thing but a huge market has never risen to the height that is potentially there. Think of this.....Boy meets girl. They both ride either together or each on their own bike. They both love to ride and motorcycles are a big part of what brought them together. In time for some reason a baby comes along. This is a good thing but one thing that formed their relationship is now different....motorcycles. Riding isn't the simple thing it once was. They either get someone to watch their child or they ride one at a time while th e other stays home. Well.... a sidecar can do what no other vehicle can do for these people. It can keep the family 'in the wind' to enjoy the things that were instrumental in part of forming a beautiful relationship to begin with. Yes. Sidecars may be goofy to some but to those who have seen what they can do for the whole family they are indeed a special thing.

My wife and I have known each other since --- well, awhile ago. One of my fondest memories is the first ride we took together (got soaked in the rain - had helmets, but that was about it for gear...she was wearing a very short skirt, in fact). She kept riding until just before delivering our son - in fact I made up a zippered "expansion panel" so she could zip her summer jacket over her rather large belly; she still has a bike but almost never rides it, and we get out together maybe once or twice a year.... Which is why I've spent the last few months hacking this:

so we can put this in it:

like this:

...well, that and also this:

Just finished putting DMC's steering mod on the bike tonight - pretty amazing being able to actually steer without using all my strength - and the dog, my 67 year old mother and I will be taking a run out to the coast in the morning to meet up with the rest of the family. Very much looking forward to what will be the first ride with my wife and my son (and maybe one or both of the dogs).

Sorry for slightly hijacking, but yeah - sidecars are cool. The little guy went for his first more than just around the block ride this week and was babbling away the whole time.

cheers!
josh
szurszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:10 AM   #6
ivantheterrible
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 601
I got a Ural a couple of months ago (thank you Claude and Jay for all the time you spent talking to me about hacking my K75, that still is in the works)

I can't go anywhere with my 9 yr old son without him wanting to take the Ural. I thought he'd enjoy it, but I had no idea he'd be so into it.

Got caught in our first rain storm last night and he was all about it. Said it made him feel like he was on an adventure.
ivantheterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:20 AM   #7
elizilla
Not Quitting

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekeronsaltspring View Post
Is't it the truth
I love the t-shirt! Where do I get one?
Old 03-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #8
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
I love the t-shirt! Where do I get one?
Probably available through Cafe-Press. We had something similar for horses. Also Truth!
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #9
Sidecarjohn
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 729
Sidecarpat was a babe riding alongside her folks tandem bicycle in a Watsonian pedal cycle sidecar. She progressed to powered outfits, Norton and BSA, and consequently had years sidecar experience before we became a couple.
Sidecars became the dominant motorcycle choice when as a married twosome we opted for the third wheel rather than a solo Japanese superbike. This in advance of children, but anticipating additions to the family unit. As a sidecar family we began our serious connection with the UK sidecar community.
When the boy came along he travelled from the maternity hospital in the sidecar on a cold December day with his mother suitably wrapped in blankets and hot water bottles.
Both our children thrived into their teenage years with travel throughout the UK and Europe. Happy days and fondly remembered.

http://www.sidecarjohn.co.uk/
Sidecarjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #10
seekeronsaltspring OP
Crazy David

Oddometer: 434
you may have to make one as it was off face book or some where.
seekeronsaltspring is offline   Reply With Quote