Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #31
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidc83 View Post
i hate that little gravel road, I was on it last Sunday and I hate those big round rocks, feels like marbles under the tires.
It is a tough one, and an excellent test of a bike. I can't wait to get my WR up there and give it a go!
ghostdncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #32
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

After another almost 300 mile ride this past Saturday, I gave up and ordered these today:

http://shop.motowerk.com/Lowering-Fo...-LOWR-REVA.htm

May not fix my problem but I can't see how it could possibly hurt. They may reduce the bike's maximum lean angle a bit, but I've never had a problem with that as long as the pegs fold up.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #33
p0diabl0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdncr View Post
After another almost 300 mile ride this past Saturday, I gave up and ordered these today:

http://shop.motowerk.com/Lowering-Fo...-LOWR-REVA.htm

May not fix my problem but I can't see how it could possibly hurt. They may reduce the bike's maximum lean angle a bit, but I've never had a problem with that as long as the pegs fold up.
I have those on my mostly stock Ninja, they feel much better. Never noticed reduced lean angle and that's on Pilot Powers/Roads.
p0diabl0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #34
ghostdncr OP
Burnin' daylight...

I got the Shinko 705s and footpeg lowering brackets installed this weekend. I can't help but think how similar this tread pattern is to the Pirelli Scorpions I ran on my 950 Adventure. Better pics to follow when the sun comes back out, but here's a shot of the front:

On the ride to work this morning, I noticed the tires to be MUCH quieter and most all of the vibration has vanished. Nothing like scrubbing in brand new tires in the rain, huh? I would've never guessed that dropping the footpegs an inch would've made that much difference, but it seems pretty amazing. I'll need to go for some longer rides before saying for certain how comfortable they'll be over distance.