B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by helotaxi View Post
Chaps with an ass are called "pants"

Truly you should have known...

Noobs.

What's with all the noobs? And I mean you helotaxi.

On the outside with my back turned.
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #17
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh Togo View Post
And by what means did you acquire that tidbit of personal knowledge?.....
That's the way I roll...and with a glittered cape too when I'm driving my Yugo to the bar to meet the gang,
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #18
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 6,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-GS View Post
This is pretty funny...I live near New Hope, PA. The town popular with motorcyclists, all kinds but especially weekend pirates (no criticism, just saying). So I'm walking down the street and this dude in jeans, S-kicker boots, bandana and Harley T-shirt pulls a leather riding jacket out of the trunk of his Toyota Camry, puts it on and heads down the block to Fran's Pub, where the other weekend biker-types hang out. This is better than trailering a bike to bike week!

LOL

The annoying part about New Hope is its hard to avoid if you are riding in Upper Bucks or tinkering around the river. HOLY CRAP the lines are completely rediculous.

I've went up there for dates and such, but I try to go relatively late and avoid the place like sin during the day on a weekend.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #19
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
LOL

The annoying part about New Hope is its hard to avoid if you are riding in Upper Bucks or tinkering around the river. HOLY CRAP the lines are completely rediculous.

I've went up there for dates and such, but I try to go relatively late and avoid the place like sin during the day on a weekend.
I prefer not to go that far south of me, too much civilization. The roads are more interesting to the north but the people start looking pretty odd the further up you go.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #20
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
I prefer not to go that far south of me, too much civilization. The roads are more interesting to the north but the people start looking pretty odd the further up you go.

Yeah, I'm starting from 45 minutes south of Trenton, so its kind of a necessary evil, and Washington Crossing is the easiest way I've found to GTFO without paying a toll, all while avoiding the joys of Trenton.

New Hope is much less annoying.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #21
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, I'm starting from 45 minutes south of Trenton, so its kind of a necessary evil, and Washington Crossing is the easiest way I've found to GTFO without paying a toll, all while avoiding the joys of Trenton.

New Hope is much less annoying.
Yeah, so you have to pass through the hordes of fools to get to anywhere.
I like meetups with other riders but not mass gatherings, just small groups of people who care more about the moving along part and less about the stops
Old 04-16-2012, 04:22 AM   #22
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
LOL

Now I'm a little scared.
I grew up in Bucks County (Doylestown and Furlong) and New Hope was always the Gay Capitol of Pa.
Thinking of South Parks "Fags" in regards to Bikers = it all makes sense now.\

I started hearing "get a real bike" comments from some "Bikers" I ran into at Cabelas yesterday. (parked right next to them)
"get a real bike"
Ya mean like one of yours?
"Hell yes!"
They're pretty nice, who has the highest mileage?
"Me. I've got 12,000 miles on mine" (he says with pride)
Really!? What year is that?
"It's a 2008"

So, you guys are fair weather riders huh?
"what the hells that supposed to mean?"

Look at my odometer and you'll see. Mines a 2011 and it's only a 250.
The Guys have a quick glance and look somewhat impressed. (almost 10,000 and just a tick over a yr old)

Yep! The "real" Bike I once had when I was younger (1200 Sportster) didn't even make it that many miles before it needed the front head replaced twice in under 5,000 miles.
You guys can have your "real" bikes. I'd rather ride than wrench, espescially when I ride all winter long so I don't break down and freeze to death along side of the road.

Needless to say, we all had a nice little discussion about the shop that handled my warranty work the first time (that refused to the second time) and how H.D. never got involved despite letters and phone calls; And, why I'll never own another one.

Posers?
To each his/her own.
That day, we all walked away with a better understanding of why we all ride motorcycles and make the choices we do. (after our conversation that went much deeper than what I've written above).

They = into American pride and buying American.
Me = into buying what I can afford to ride and maintain on a daily basis as transportation all year long.
...and like I told those Guys...(and wrote on Victorys' M.C. facebook page) When an American company builds a bike that fits MY LIFESTYLE, (of living as a true motorcyclist) that also fits into the Classic standard bike lines of the past (for increased abilities and customizing) = I'll buy American again, with pride.

I "get it" but wont buy into it. (I can't afford to)

B.T.W. I think the XR1200 is almost, what I'd like, to get me back into American made M.C.'s but, it needs a bench seat like an old 78CB400 and lower pipes for bags.

Funny thing about the Guys I ran into...all of them said they'd have never guessed my TU250X was a new model. They all thought it was a restored oldie. (and they even liked the styling)

H.D. and Victory...ARE YOU LISTENING?! (why are Triumph and Guzzi the only 2 that currently "get it"?

Edit: Green highlighted part is to stay on topic.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #23
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
Yeah, so you have to pass through the hordes of fools to get to anywhere.
Yeah, that is something of the issue yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
Now I'm a little scared.
I grew up in Bucks County (Doylestown and Furlong) and New Hope was always the Gay Capitol of Pa.
Thinking of South Parks "Fags" in regards to Bikers = it all makes sense now.\

LOL

Yeah I got pulled over for the noise once....till I pointed out to the officer that I had an unmolested stock exhaust and whoever he heard it wasn't me.

As far as dates yes, you can go late and chill at any of the outdoor cafe's and you are at NO shortage for conversation bits.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 AM   #24
helotaxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Curvin View Post
Noobs.

What's with all the noobs? And I mean you helotaxi.
What's with all the holier-than-thou asshats? If I have to be a hypocritical dick to get past noob status, I'll wear "noob" with honor. Better a tolerant noob than a tool more interested in hating on choices that someone else makes than living my own life. Seriously the amount of time and effort spent hating on others' rides and style of dress on this forum...makes me wonder who the real posers are. Gotta be pretty insecure to have to constantly bash someone else like that.

The good news is that lots of people on this forum could wear the so called "assless chaps" with no worries; the chaps would instantly include an ass the moment they were donned.
helotaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:46 AM   #25
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-GS View Post
So I'm walking down the street and this dude in jeans, S-kicker boots, bandana and Harley T-shirt pulls a leather riding jacket out of the trunk of his Toyota Camry, puts it on and heads down the block to Fran's Pub, where the other weekend biker-types hang out.
You should have asked him if he drove it all the way there.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #26
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
You should have asked him if he drove it all the way there.
He trailered the Camry to just outside town
Old 04-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #27
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,215
Quote:
What's with all the holier-than-thou asshats? If I have to be a hypocritical dick to get past noob status, I'll wear "noob" with honor. Better a tolerant noob than a tool more interested in hating on choices that someone else makes than living my own life. Seriously the amount of time and effort spent hating on others' rides and style of dress on this forum...makes me wonder who the real posers are. Gotta be pretty insecure to have to constantly bash someone else like that.

The good news is that lots of people on this forum could wear the so called "assless chaps" with no worries; the chaps would instantly include an ass the moment they were donned.

This is ADV rider, around here all chaps are assless. thus the assless chaps. It really is that easy. Chaps are for riding horses through brush not for riding motorcycles.

Nobody here hates anyone. We are like a roomful of friends at a pub handing out good natured ribbing. If you can't handle that perhaps another type of forum is in order. Dress like a pirate... Take a pirate ribbing.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 AM   #28
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,476
[QUOTE=DAKEZ;18468095]This is ADV rider, around here all chaps are assless. thus the assless chaps. It really is that easy. Chaps are for riding horses through brush not for riding motorcycles.

Nobody here hates anyone. We are like a roomful of friends at a pub handing out good natured ribbing. If you can't handle that perhaps another type of forum is in order. Dress like a pirate... Take a pirate ribbing. [/QUOT

^^^Yeah, what he said^^^ The ribbin comes with the territory. It's when we start ignoring you that you know we really want you to go away. So.. FYYFF!!!!
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:45 AM   #29
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:

So that was you going in to the bar I take it?

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #30
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
Maybe Helotaxi just came over from the "Blue Oyster" forum and just doesn't know the difference between regular chaps and the assless type.

Come on fellows, sing along now..."If all pants were asss-less, then they-would-be chaaps!"
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote