User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
elite1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
SWing Priced Right?

Was watching an ebay transaction today. 2007 Siverwing with 41,000 miles went for just over $2000 with no reserve. Seems like a hell of a deal. i know the miles are high, but still....what do you all think? I was really tempted, but I let her go. Been wanting something bigger, but the timing still isnt right. Heres a linky, linky.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1423.l2649
10 Triumph Thruxton - ton up bitch ; 86 Elite 150 Deluxe - pimpin' 80's icon ; 78 Puch Newport - still in the family. Still can't outrun Fido. ; 07 Elite 80 - bulletproof but boring - sold ; 82 Honda Ft500 Ascot - The lil' donkey's bed - gone but not forgotten.
elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
mboni
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Cool2

My 2006 Silverwing is just past 41,000 miles, and it's running great. Honda engines are known for their reliability. I wouldn't shy away from a wing with similar mileage, as long as it's been taken care of. $2k sounds like a bargain price, if you see it again you should jump on it.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #3
Scot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 525
My local dealer had a 2010 sitting on the floor new for 700 plus days. Sold it OTD with Va tax (3.0%) for $6800.
2009 Honda DN01
Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
elite1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboni View Post
My 2006 Silverwing is just past 41,000 miles, and it's running great. Honda engines are known for their reliability. I wouldn't shy away from a wing with similar mileage, as long as it's been taken care of. $2k sounds like a bargain price, if you see it again you should jump on it.
Yea. I thought it was a deal, too. Should have jumped on it. It's one he'll of a bike.
10 Triumph Thruxton - ton up bitch ; 86 Elite 150 Deluxe - pimpin' 80's icon ; 78 Puch Newport - still in the family. Still can't outrun Fido. ; 07 Elite 80 - bulletproof but boring - sold ; 82 Honda Ft500 Ascot - The lil' donkey's bed - gone but not forgotten.
elite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
bandito2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
That sounded like a pretty good deal to me.

Well hmmm??? I wonder then what I might get for a dinged 2006 Silverwing ABS with 27000 and something miles and comes with the parts to fix it. (some used parts, some new) Runs just fine last I checked. (winter time in the garage) Clear title. I was thinking something like $2500 or an even trade for a 2006 or 2007 Honda Reflex scooter in good and sound running order with 15000 or less in mileage.

The Silverwing Damage:
Car bumper bent and broke left rear shock from lower mount knocking bike over to the ground (and me too. ) cracking, scratching and/or breaking plastic both sides and front cowl, bent foot stay on left side and cracked floor step plastic, right brake lever bent and tip broken off. Right rear body cover has some scratches, but it wasn't broken so I did not get a replacement. Also I did not get a replacement for the muffler guard plastic. It is scratched and needs replacing. Due for an oil change and could probably do with a new battery. Rear tire worn, but front tire looks OK to me. I was able to ride it almost 40 miles back to home after the incident with no problems, but didn't go over 45MPH because of the broken suspension on the left rear.

For the repair I have:
Used replacement parts - Left side swing arm with final drive intact, Left side foot stay and rear shock.
And
New replacement parts - Front cover (cowl), inner cover (but didn't get matching color lids), floor step plastic, both left and right lower skirts, left rear swing arm plastic cover, right brake lever. Also comes with 4 oil filters. That's all the important bits. Just basically needs parts R&R.

So I guess my question would be the same then: Is THIS Silverwing priced right? (or should I just do the work myself and ask for more to get this garage queen out of here?)
"Darkside" Honda Reflex. "Yeah dude, that IS a car tire there on the back of my scooter."
bandito2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
lifer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandito2 View Post
That sounded like a pretty good deal to me.

Well hmmm??? I wonder then what I might get for a dinged 2006 Silverwing ABS with 27000 and something miles and comes with the parts to fix it. (some used parts, some new) Runs just fine last I checked. (winter time in the garage) Clear title. I was thinking something like $2500 or an even trade for a 2006 or 2007 Honda Reflex scooter in good and sound running order with 15000 or less in mileage.

The Silverwing Damage:
Car bumper bent and broke left rear shock from lower mount knocking bike over to the ground (and me too. ) cracking, scratching and/or breaking plastic both sides and front cowl, bent foot stay on left side and cracked floor step plastic, right brake lever bent and tip broken off. Right rear body cover has some scratches, but it wasn't broken so I did not get a replacement. Also I did not get a replacement for the muffler guard plastic. It is scratched and needs replacing. Due for an oil change and could probably do with a new battery. Rear tire worn, but front tire looks OK to me. I was able to ride it almost 40 miles back to home after the incident with no problems, but didn't go over 45MPH because of the broken suspension on the left rear.

For the repair I have:
Used replacement parts - Left side swing arm with final drive intact, Left side foot stay and rear shock.
And
New replacement parts - Front cover (cowl), inner cover (but didn't get matching color lids), floor step plastic, both left and right lower skirts, left rear swing arm plastic cover, right brake lever. Also comes with 4 oil filters. That's all the important bits. Just basically needs parts R&R.

So I guess my question would be the same then: Is THIS Silverwing priced right? (or should I just do the work myself and ask for more to get this garage queen out of here?)
Personally I think you are a little high on your price. You would do better to fix it then sell it but looks are a big part of any kind of bike. If it looks rough even after replacing damaged parts the price will take a big hit. You would need to replace the scuffed and or scratched parts also. I purchased a 2006 Reflex last year with 21k on it. It had not been in an collision but the guy who had it used it for his work and it was rough looking with scratches and paint worn in spots. It ran perfect. I paid $1450 for it but have put another $600 in it. It still does not look in perfect condition and I probably could not get out of it what I have in it . No matter because I am keeping it. I am looking for a silverwing but after my experience with this reflex I would not give you $2500 for it. $1500 -$2000 tops if you have the parts for it.
lifer is offline   Reply With Quote