User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Sarge844 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Heading Back to the West Coast

Good day all, Just a little note to say I bought a home on Vancouver Island. Deanna and I are moving out there in a couple of weeks. I'm having the Hack shipped. I cant wait to get it off the moving van to hit some real back country roads. I am looking forward to ride down to Ural America once we get settled in our new home. I've been off-line for along time but I'm looking forward to some gret outdoor therapy.... Cheer all

Comox BC
www.canadiandispatchrider.com

Sarge844 screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 08:23 PM
Sarge844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,551
You're from Kingston? No foolin! Ever stand on the shoreline looking over at Wolfe Island and noticed the group of houses clustered together that all have red roofs? (up towards Simcoe.) Well that's my family's place! I've been banging around Kingston for 60 years!

So, if you will be living out this way you should know about two sidecar rallies that are coming up. The first is the Chelan Rally May 17-20. Take the early morning ferry to Port Angeles and you can make it there the same day. The 2nd is the USCA National Rally July 19-22. A little farther, but leave home on Wednesday and arrive on Thursday.

Welcome to the rain! And to Hacks!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Ivan Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge844 View Post
Good day all, Just a little note to say I bought a home on Vancouver Island. Deanna and I are moving out there in a couple of weeks. I'm having the Hack shipped. I cant wait to get it off the moving van to hit some real back country roads. I am looking forward to ride down to Ural America once we get settled in our new home. I've been off-line for along time but I'm looking forward to some gret outdoor therapy.... Cheer all
Hello Sarge. You've been off-line for a long time if you think "Ural America" is still selling Urals. "IMWA" took over in 2003 and "Ural America" is no more. "IMWA" is in Redmond, Washington if you want to visit them. Welcome back to the West Coast.
'08 Ural Retro, '10 Ural ST Solo
http://www.flickr.com/photo s/ivanrider/
Ivan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Sarge844 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Rider View Post
Hello Sarge. You've been off-line for a long time if you think "Ural America" is still selling Urals. "IMWA" took over in 2003 and "Ural America" is no more. "IMWA" is in Redmond, Washington if you want to visit them. Welcome back to the West Coast.
Thanks Ivan ... Yes it is great coming back home to the West Coast and i will be takinng a trip to Washingston from Victoris BC. I want to check them out as well as all you foil heads in the area. And i'm going to need to learn more of my mechanics skills as there isnt any Ural dealers on the Island. This is one on the reasons I'm building a 20 X 30 man cave at our new home coming with a bike life that will fit a ural. Living the Dream.

Comox BC
Old 04-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Sarge844 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
You're from Kingston? No foolin! Ever stand on the shoreline looking over at Wolfe Island and noticed the group of houses clustered together that all have red roofs? (up towards Simcoe.) Well that's my family's place! I've been banging around Kingston for 60 years!

So, if you will be living out this way you should know about two sidecar rallies that are coming up. The first is the Chelan Rally May 17-20. Take the early morning ferry to Port Angeles and you can make it there the same day. The 2nd is the USCA National Rally July 19-22. A little farther, but leave home on Wednesday and arrive on Thursday.

Welcome to the rain! And to Hacks!
I have rode over to Wolf Island many times going to Clayton and Watertown. Great ride along the water front. As for the Chelan Rally we wont be quite on ground by then. But the National Rally souunds like I will look into.

Comox BC
Old 04-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,870
Paradise!

Congrats! We spent 10 fantastic years on the island when I was posted to Comox. We lived in Courtney actually - loved it! I still miss the west coast lifestyle... and with retirement looming for me too, it's tempting to move back out west. Where'd you buy?
GreatWhiteNorth is offline   Reply With Quote