Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #421
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanjoosten View Post
I looked into US availability of the pre-filter and received the following:

Thanks for your message on ADV Rider. I am sorry to say we don have a US Distibutor for our products. This filter is available direct via our website. We will have new freight charges from July 1st compared to what we currently offer. You should be able to also buy this filter through Touratech Dealers in the near future.

We will also have a complete serviceable main filter for the Tiger in the next 2-3 months. We have just started tooling up to make them.
I just went to the website and ordered straight form them. The money you spend on the filter saves you way more time in the long run from changing the filter. Also gives me a piece of mind when out on long trips in dusty conditions. I think mine was like $60 shipped. Might have been less.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #422
vanjoosten
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
I just went to the website and ordered straight form them. The money you spend on the filter saves you way more time in the long run from changing the filter. Also gives me a piece of mind when out on long trips in dusty conditions. I think mine was like $60 shipped. Might have been less.
New Shipping Info:

Freight for one filter to the US/Canada will be $14.00 after July 1.

We can organise group buys. The price of the filter will not change but we offer big freight discounts. The freight from July 1st for all US/Canada orders will be as follows. The freight charges are based off order value in AU$.

$AU 0-65: USA/CAN $14.00
$AU 66-100: USA/CAN $22.00
$AU 101-200: USA/CAN $30.00
$AU 201-300: USA/CAN $40.00
$AU 301-400: USA/CAN $60.00
$AU 401-500: USA/CAN $80.00

If any San Diego Tiger owners want to do a group order PM me and I'll set one up.
vanjoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #423
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,735
8 Plastic Pieces

Have to come off before the tank can come off. Maybe 9 pieces if you count the top front piece. Then the air box cover, then the bottom half of the airbox. All this to get to the Stepper Motor. Sure hope the cleaning and lubing will work. If it acts up again in 1000kms, I fear my pal will be selling his. Not the easiest design to work with.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #424
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post
Have to come off before the tank can come off. Maybe 9 pieces if you count the top front piece. Then the air box cover, then the bottom half of the airbox. All this to get to the Stepper Motor. Sure hope the cleaning and lubing will work. If it acts up again in 1000kms, I fear my pal will be selling his. Not the easiest design to work with.
Clean/lube it once properly and forget about it, just ride. I haven't heard of anyone having problems after lubing it. Buy a pre-filter from UNI Aus and forget about your main air filter until the scheduled interval and just clean/oil the pre-filter as needed.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #425
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED CAT View Post

From the above poster in another thread. You don't have to remove stuff to lubricate it good enough to fix it. People make so much out of this issue when the fix is so simple. Like a lot of things I guess people just feel good complaining about stuff instead of putting 5 minutes of internet searching and 30 seconds of work into actually fixing the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Mine did it on day two of a very dusty dual sport ride. I just sprayed WD40 into the general area of the stepper motor and the problem was gone for the remainder of the still very dusty four day ride. Knew I'd need a new air filter when I got home so when I had the tank off to replace the filter I cleaned up the stepper motor armature with brake cleaner and applied some dry silicone lube and haven't thought about since.

Will service it next time I'm in there for the filter, next year. Yes I have a UNI pre-filter installed.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #426
Tonk
Frozen Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
I just recently noticed my 800xc (2012, 5,000 miles, original map from May 12') backfiring on deceleration. Mainly when letting off the throttle at high speeds ( exiting the highway for example). It hadn't done this in the past and is getting more noticeable. Maybe more of a popping noise than a pure backfire. I'm running 91 in the tank. I asked at the dealer last week and he thought it was possibly bad (ethanol) gas or an old map. I'm taking it in for the 6,000 mile check in July and will have it checked out then. Until then, is anyone else experiencing this and is it normal?

Thanks
Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:15 PM   #427
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,054
Completely normal.

When you go to the dealer, have them install the latest map. It won't stop the backfiring, but it seems to be producing smoother part throttle behavior and slightly better mileage for me.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:35 PM   #428
XCRider803
Loftin' the wheel

Oddometer: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
I just recently noticed my 800xc (2012, 5,000 miles, original map from May 12') backfiring on deceleration. Mainly when letting off the throttle at high speeds ( exiting the highway for example). It hadn't done this in the past and is getting more noticeable. Maybe more of a popping noise than a pure backfire.

Thanks
Mine's done it from day one. Can't hear it very well with the stock can but its loud with my Leo Vince. Kinda sounds like its got a hot cam in it.
XCRider803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #429
Tonk
Frozen Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Great to hear.... I'll sleep better tonight. I'll get the latest map uploaded and look forward to the mileage. Appreciate the info guys, thanks!
Tonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #430
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,238
Is there a thread like this for the explorer? I haven't seen one.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #431
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
Completely normal.

When you go to the dealer, have them install the latest map. It won't stop the backfiring, but it seems to be producing smoother part throttle behavior and slightly better mileage for me.

^^ This.

I was down to my dealer a couple of weeks ago, thay asked me if my map was current. I said hell, I dunno. So they wheeled it into the shop and found there were two updates since what I had. Bike is smoother, runs better. Still decell pops - but that's normal. Sounds kinda cool...like a race bike.

Nice of them to do that impromptu. I didn't go in for service or anything, have done all my own service. They reset my service indicator on my word as well. These guys are tops - Newport Beach Triumph - Ducati. Think I'll get a new Monster M696.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #432
Smopho
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
What is the preferred or dealer designated dry lube to use on the stepper?
Smopho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #433
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,290
Just finished up a 2300 mile trip to Colorado. I noticed that the Tiger does not like to hold an idle when above 12,000 feet. I consider it a very minor issue.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:36 AM   #434
Dubl-A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Just finished up a 2300 mile trip to Colorado. I noticed that the Tiger does not like to hold an idle when above 12,000 feet. I consider it a very minor issue.

Do any dirt riding getting to that elevation?
Dubl-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #435
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubl-A View Post
Do any dirt riding getting to that elevation?
Yeah, hit several high passes. The only fully paved high elevation I hit was Pikes Peak.