Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #211
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I think you could sell a lot of oil coolers if it will increase the oil capacity and therefore lengthen the mileage between oil changes... I called the folks who make them for the KTM's and they just laughed at me when I asked if they could make one for a Husaberg.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #212
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Only thing better than one 390 is... two 390's

RR later...

Realized I never got around to posting the RR here. Hope you enjoy:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820748

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #213
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,988
Lost, I'm just back from the KTM Rally in Bend OR, so late to respond. Thanks for the details on your packing setup, very tidy. I now use all Big Agnes too for tent and sleeping, they rock. I just recently camped a few days in the BA Copper Spur UL1. Very small and light tent, but surprisingly roomy and comfortable.

On another post, regarding the bar tank that was posted:

ADV FE 390 rider HighFive has noticed that any added weight to the FE Berg's front end seemed to adversely affect handling of the bike. When he put a tube carrier on the front fender he said he really didn't like how it changed the stability, and removed it. I have not tried that myself and wondered what your (or others) experiences are with that since I see you did add a front fender tube carrier to your bike.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #214
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
I will be making a Bash gaurds for the 70% berg with Tool box and with liquid storage capability
I have a 450 fx that I have aded an oil cooler custom Front head light (soon to be LED lights) faring combo
GPS & MD road book ICO and a Trail tech Vector, Aux Cooling fan,HDB handgaurds,GPR stablizer
AME heated grips,Low front fender and a custom Seat Concepts Rally seat IMS large Rally pegs
It will also have a New 70% rear tank along with a Safari Front tank, cush drive Rear wheel,
FMF pipe ( soon to be a Low boy Header and Rally pipe)
I will post a few pic very soon.

Will be very interested to see this!
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #215
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 173
I just discovered, thanks to another ADVRider inmate Rensho, the "secret compartment".

The compartment houses emissions stuff but somehow mine isn't there and there's a nice size storage area to be filled up.

I posted what I put in this secret compartment over on the ADVRider 70 degree thread and thought I would share it here too.

Photos below.....

Yellow bag:

2 "T" handles are to prepare the puncture and install tire plugs....I run TuBliss and LOVE it !

Glue for tire plugs

Lots of tire plugs...can't have too many.

Spare valve stem cores

Spare key

JB Weld

Elastic Bands

Black Bag:

(3) 20g CO2 cartridges

Adapter for cartridges

Spare bolts kit

Here's the compartment, I removed the three protrusions located at the upper aft end, or to the right as you're looking at this photo.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #216
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quick up date:
I should have my Bash Plate in two weeks
Also getting closer on the Oil cooler.

PS,
I would like to get a FE 570 rear sec with that storage compartment.
anyone have one????
I have a FX 450 rear I can trade ??????????????
Old 09-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #217
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Posted on the other section but never got an answer.

Looking to add some electronic accessories (mainly heated grips right now) and was wondering of any of the 3 loose sets of wires that are behind my head light and run down the head tube can be used for that? If not, anyone know what they are for?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #218
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Posted on the other section but never got an answer.

Looking to add some electronic accessories (mainly heated grips right now) and was wondering of any of the 3 loose sets of wires that are behind my head light and run down the head tube can be used for that? If not, anyone know what they are for?
NO ,
Just run a new set of wires from the Bat. and install a fuse.

Buy the AME heated grips they have a switch built into each grip '
I love mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #219
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,146
I have my grips spliced into a wire found by the headlight, they only power up with ignition on so I don't kill my battery by leaving them on.

Once I get my bike back from getting tuned at Bazzaz I'll be happy to let you know what wire, though I'll answer your question in the general Husa owners thread, since this thread is not really meant for general Husa owners stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I'm starting this thread so we have a place to discuss and share how Husaberg FE owners prepare and pack our bikes for multi-day/week/month adventure rides.
The other 70 Husaberg owners thread is filled with an excellent broad range of knowledge, but I'd like to have a more specific thread with info not to get lost in all the pages of other general info, tech support, troubleshooting and banter.
I'm going to share how I do my adventuring on the FE, and hope others will join in with their own experiences, suggestions or questions about gear and anything else related to riding or maintaining the current model 70 Husaberg for long distances away from home base or camping off the bike.
Photos of your Husaberg in action traveling, especially while packed are most welcomed here.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #220
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
How u guys mounting your Garmin Montanas? Got any pics and wisdom to share? What would you do differently? I got a HDB setup coming with std topclamp. I figure i can drill the top plate as needed. id like to move ignition, add 12v source, and mount the Montana. Havent bought any ram mount parts yet.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #221
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
How u guys mounting your Garmin Montanas? Got any pics and wisdom to share? What would you do differently? I got a HDB setup coming with std topclamp. I figure i can drill the top plate as needed. id like to move ignition, add 12v source, and mount the Montana. Havent bought any ram mount parts yet.
I just ran a wire from the battery up to the Garmin rugged mount.. has worked like a charm so far.. I use simple ram mount.,..it does make it hard to see the speedo though. If I was to do it again I would find a keyed power source up under the headlight, but when it comes to all things electrical I am just clueless.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:06 AM   #222
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post

I would also know if anyone's got a "montana like" GPS that will do bluetooth for music. Sometimes a little crunchy guitar makes the perfect soundtrack, even through earplugs.

Not sure my Zumo 660 will be appropriate for the berg, might want more data points and ruggedness for tracks and trails. Spose I cold just run a BT mp3 player...
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #223
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
... Also getting closer on the Oil cooler.
any preview or hints on how you are doing it? or just building the suspense?

had a few husky sprockets lying around for the cush drive hub rear wheel so thought i'd experiment with gearing with the new chain and 15 tooth front. put a 45 tooth on the rear and thought it would be ridiculously high even with the rekluse auto clutch, but very surprised. still no worries in gnarly stuff and hill climbs as it just slips as you get near walking speed. change into fifth at about 80kmh and sixth at 100kmh, which i figured evens out the wear on the higher gears with all the adv riding i'm doing. but given i'm doing a mix of dirt and adv i'll probably settle on a 47 for the back. i like having the 15 tooth up front, it'll last longer and a bit less wear on the rubber pads on the swingarm.

i put the stock wheel back on for yesterday's dirt ride just to see if it felt different to the cush drive hub. surprised the difference it makes even on dirt, the cush definitely takes away a lot of that jerkiness especially at lower revs.

dammit i love this bike. we'll probably be legalising same sex unions in australia soon, how about for our bergs?
Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #224
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
any preview or hints on how you are doing it? or just building the suspense?

had a few husky sprockets lying around for the cush drive hub rear wheel so thought i'd experiment with gearing with the new chain and 15 tooth front. put a 45 tooth on the rear and thought it would be ridiculously high even with the rekluse auto clutch, but very surprised. still no worries in gnarly stuff and hill climbs as it just slips as you get near walking speed. change into fifth at about 80kmh and sixth at 100kmh, which i figured evens out the wear on the higher gears with all the adv riding i'm doing. but given i'm doing a mix of dirt and adv i'll probably settle on a 47 for the back. i like having the 15 tooth up front, it'll last longer and a bit less wear on the rubber pads on the swingarm.

i put the stock wheel back on for yesterday's dirt ride just to see if it felt different to the cush drive hub. surprised the difference it makes even on dirt, the cush definitely takes away a lot of that jerkiness especially at lower revs.

dammit i love this bike. we'll probably be legalising same sex unions in australia soon, how about for our bergs?
Which Rekluse do you have? I have the Z-start pro on my 2011 570s and I can not get it adjusted so it is ALWAYS creaping forward. I love it most of the time, but man it can be a real pain in the ass when I want to flip a three point turn or back the bike up.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #225
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Which Rekluse do you have? I have the Z-start pro on my 2011 570s and I can not get it adjusted so it is ALWAYS creaping forward. I love it most of the time, but man it can be a real pain in the ass when I want to flip a three point turn or back the bike up.
just the base model rekluse exp 2.0. not sure how the z-pro works, but on the exp you have carefully adjust the throw-out before you bolt the clutch cover back on. your instructions should tell you if the z-pro adjustment works the same way or not.

if you've never messed with your idle, its probably still set at the factory standard, 1500rpm. if the rekluse is only just engaging, you can just lower your idle to 1300rpm or so and it will probably be fine. with the added bonus of the clutch staying engaged on downhills at lower revs. but you dont want to go so low on your idle that the cam chain is slapping around.