Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2012, 12:54 PM   #286
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
With that said, here's my oil report from my last Mad Dash on the Husa, I did call Blackstone with a few questions about this report, and basically he said running the oil that long wasn't bad for the bike generally. The main thing they recommended was checking my air filter because that's what could be causing some of the additional wear they saw
backtracking to your oil reports, just wondering what oil change intervals you have settled on for adventure rides given the feedback you have had? obviously you pushed the limits with bigger rides but have you got a ballpark figure in mind for this kind of riding for shorter rides? or still waiting to see if the air filter was skewing the results?

currently i've settled on roughly 1000 m / 1600 km and just interested if you are aiming for around that too now you've got that results....
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #287
mikrow
Wanna see my snare?

Oddometer: 257
Breaking News!

I love my Burg!

Pics from my fall trip to Colorado.

Above the trees!

Even at low altitudes she does great.

mikrow screwed with this post 10-09-2012 at 03:42 PM
mikrow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #288
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 280
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #289
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrow View Post
I love my Burg!

Pics from my fall trip to Colorado.
I will be moving to CO next Spring.. Woodland Park to be exact.. I will have two spare rooms and a garage always open to Husaberg riders Well they will be open to all ADV inmates but I may have beer available for Husaberg riders
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #290
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I will be moving to CO next Spring.. Woodland Park to be exact.. I will have two spare rooms and a garage always open to Husaberg riders Well they will be open to all ADV inmates but I may have beer available for Husaberg riders
Sounds awesome!

Fellow Marines get first bunk choice and preferred parking?? Lol.

Pretty jealous that you are moving to such a cool riding location!
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #291
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
backtracking to your oil reports, just wondering what oil change intervals you have settled on for adventure rides given the feedback you have had? obviously you pushed the limits with bigger rides but have you got a ballpark figure in mind for this kind of riding for shorter rides? or still waiting to see if the air filter was skewing the results?

currently i've settled on roughly 1000 m / 1600 km and just interested if you are aiming for around that too now you've got that results....

I'm going to settle down to around 1300-1500 miles when riding and changing the oil at home and stretch it out when need be while traveling. Next trip I will have a new air filter and some filter skins to see if that helps with the oil analysis.

I'm away from home working for the next month so no riding until November, but hopefully riding down for the Baja 1000 race, that should be my next trip on the Husa.

Nice photos mikrow! such a cool place to ride, will remember mtr10x is nearby next year!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #292
MrBracket
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Nice pictures mikrow! I'm jealous!!!

I did a little exploring in the mountains around here last weekend, lovin my burgs too!

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #293
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

mikrow, nice way to make us aussies feel inadequate. our tallest mountain is 7310 feet and our highst road is 5774 feet.

and mcbracket, that luggage looks like the perfect way to stop the berg from lifting the front wheel everywhere...

just back from a three camping trip to ride along a road built by convicts back in the 1800s. you can click on the pic for the video if you want to waste a few minutes of your life...

Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #294
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 167
What an outstanding video !!

Very rarely can I watch a dirtbike riding video for more than 3 minutes but this one was so well done the time flew by.

Everything was GREAT!!

Dave

p.s. except for the very end when it appears that the mcycle riders are riding on the wrong side of the road....ikid ikid
Old 10-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #295
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

thanks dave, glad you liked it. didn't put much effort into that one as i wanted to focus on riding with two hands more than just holding a camera in one hand for a change. this vid is probably my favorite one to date.

back to the pics above, i figure i'll have to get to the states some time and spend a few months riding around, it looks absolutely amazing. maybe buy a brand new DR650 then just sell it after a few months.... you guys pay so little for bikes.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #296
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1 View Post
thanks dave, glad you liked it. didn't put much effort into that one as i wanted to focus on riding with two hands more than just holding a camera in one hand for a change. this vid is probably my favorite one to date.
Yes, that was a GREAT one too !

How do the bags attach to the 'Berg? And what size and brand are they if you know? Look like Giant Loop?

Dave
Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #297
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1 View Post
How do the bags attach to the 'Berg? And what size and brand are they if you know? Look like Giant Loop?
did a bit of a write up here. just bought three 30 liter dry bags from a camping store here in oz called anaconda. it's their in-store brand so you wont be able to access them but i'm sure you could find something similar. these were only $20 each. then bought a pile of strapping and fastening clips for $20.

for a big trip, i just use bungee straps to hold one of the dry bags down on the rear seat. i drilled holes in the plastics here and there to provide more mounting points.

i made four straps. the lower one runs through the area under the seat and does a figure eight around the two yellow dry bags.
i used a dremmel to cut slots in the sidepanels then put a strap through there on each panel.
the top strap just pulls the two yellow dry bags together against the middle dry bag, which stops them slipping downward if the straps are a bit loose. as a backup, i also have a small strap pulling the two handles on the yellow dry bags together.

very cheap, holds up to 90 liters and has held very steady on about 3000 miles of adv riding to date. it would be trickier working out the strapping arrangement if you had the underseat fuel tank though.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #298
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
kriega rack loops update

for those who saw my earlier post about using the kriega rack loops, you may have noticed i was using the old style us10 straps to tie the us10 tail pack on, i decided to use some of the hook loops that come with the new us10s as i thought they would be easier to use, my advice is unless you have a really full, solidly packed us10 stick with the old style straps threaded through the loops, i found that the hook loops were difficult to get short enough and if the contents are movable and you're bouncing around off road you can look round to see your us10 partially unhooked and resting against your exhaust
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #299
Intrigue_262000
Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer: 1,060
Lovin' the pics! I currently have the rollie system with 2 smalls and 1 medium. I am getting 2 more mediums to use for weekend camping trips. The smalls are smaller than I thought they would be.

1997 DR350SE
2010 Husaberg FE450 (plated)
Intrigue_262000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:44 PM   #300
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,343
Out riding today and I noticed that my 390 was intermitantly popping on decel. The bike has 7.7 hrs on it and it wasnt all the time but it was doing it. WTF? is that normal?

Also my fuel light came on and stayed on for most of the ride even though I knew that I had fuel. maybe the sender is jacked?

This bike is the 4th best thing to happened to me.

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote