User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #481
Cyberg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Lost Rider

Nice picture with the Berg on dune it looks like Amargosa dunes.

That place rocks. It is my favorite dune.
Cyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #482
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Finn, Top notch photos ..as usual . I see your using your supertanker setup now. How many gals is that frt tank again ?
Old 12-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #483
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods wizard View Post
Finn, Top notch photos ..as usual . I see your using your supertanker setup now. How many gals is that frt tank again ?
the front tank adds 2 gallons....so 4.2 total
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #484
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,934

cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #485
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
in other words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

In other words, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you uber sloper motor berg riders and lusting-after-one-ers.

Chris
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #486
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,176
Well, here's an upsetting Christmas present. This refers to the subframe fuel tanks which have had some issues being built for a while now.

From another forum: (hope it's ok to to this).

Re: 70 degree aux. Fuel tank deliveries

by DaleEO December 24th, 2012, 9:09 am
UPDATE: 12-23-12
I was recently contacted by our current molder after I had emailed inquiring as to when I could pick up the next batch of tanks, and this was the reply I got:

Dale, we have just renewed our product liability insurance and have been notified that we are not covered for products of fuel tanks. Therefore as much as I hate to tell you at this time we can no longer mold your tanks, which is disappointing to us also since Rick has done so much work on your product. Thank You and let me know when you want to schedule to pick up everything or If I can help with anything.

Needless to say this email left me a bit gutted, finally had got them into production and now I feel as though I just got the rug pulled out from under me.

I have already contacted another local molder that makes many of the aftermarket gas tanks for dirt bikes. I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear something.

The Good News:

The small batch of tanks that I did pick up should be enough for the long waiting pre paid customers, and the warranty tanks.

I will keep you posted as soon as I have some news. I am not giving up.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #487
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

That's awesome cyborg!

And thank you Larry, and cyberg! glad you like... the Husa is still quite photogenic.

Merry Christmas!

As for the 70 tanks.... thanks for posting.

It took Dale 10 DAYS to return my email about having him do some suspension work on my bike after I contacted him through his suspension tuning website. 10 days... with the excuse that he was out of town. There's email everywhere in the world, and if you're running a business that's booked online.... not acceptable.
No matter how good folks say he is, there's plenty of talented businesses out there who take their business more seriously.

I for one wouldn't be holding my breath or plan any future upgrades around Dale personally, and IMO nearly $500 for one measly gallon doesn't just make sense to me, but I'm not a racer who needs just a little more fuel to get my trophy.
While his heart *may* be in the right place, his business practices are far less than impressive. One excuse after another.

Anyone wanting to seriously do some ADV traveling on their Husa can certainly use more than 1 gallon and there's other options from 2 liter soda bottles or MSR bags to the $afari tank that I find most useful. If the 70 tank is ever really available then great...

On my last Death Valley ride I carried an extra gallon in a MSR bag in addition to my Safari to get the 230 miles to the next gas station, for $500 for a tank you can't even get I'm fine with carrying a gallon on my back for an hour or two each time it's needed, but that's just me.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 12-25-2012 at 07:45 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #488
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
[QUOTE=Lost Rider;20315501]Here's a few photos from a very cold but fun camping ride around Death Valley on the Husaberg recently, I love this bike!
Riding dirt at night is much less stressful now with the new lights too.

Great photos, and thanks for making me remember why I travel to Death Valley every year for a week to ride during the winter. I recognized every place in your pictures I think. Very nice.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:35 AM   #489
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
That's awesome cyborg!

And thank you Larry, and cyberg! glad you like... the Husa is still quite photogenic.

Merry Christmas!

As for the 70 tanks.... thanks for posting.

It took Dale 10 DAYS to return my email about having him do some suspension work on my bike after I contacted him through his suspension tuning website. 10 days... with the excuse that he was out of town. There's email everywhere in the world, and if you're running a business that's booked online.... not acceptable.
No matter how good folks say he is, there's plenty of talented businesses out there who take their business more seriously.

I for one wouldn't be holding my breath or plan any future upgrades around Dale personally, and IMO nearly $500 for one measly gallon doesn't just make sense to me, but I'm not a racer who needs just a little more fuel to get my trophy.
While his heart *may* be in the right place, his business practices are far less than impressive. One excuse after another.

Anyone wanting to seriously do some ADV traveling on their Husa can certainly use more than 1 gallon and there's other options from 2 liter soda bottles or MSR bags to the $afari tank that I find most useful. If the 70 tank is ever really available then great...

On my last Death Valley ride I carried an extra gallon in a MSR bag in addition to my Safari to get the 230 miles to the next gas station, for $500 for a tank you can't even get I'm fine with carrying a gallon on my back for an hour or two each time it's needed, but that's just me.

Don't take it personal he took over a week to get back to me as well.......during that time my 'Berg's suspension was magically transformed at http://www.madjack-racing.com/
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 12-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #490
meatsack
Moto-idiot

Oddometer: 380
I'll just leave this right here:
http://www.stillwellperformance.com/main/

Did the suspension on my FE390 after another tuner didn't quite deliver.
VERY happy with the results, the customer service, and the turn around time.
04' CRF230 Flat Tracker, 02' CRF150F, 66' CB160

meatsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 AM   #491
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
the front tank adds 2 gallons....so 4.2 total
Can you guys give an opinion on the build quality & installation process of your Safari front tanks. I tried their website but no info comes up . Just trying to get an idea of whats involved in installing it. Also if there is any problems down the road . How easy is it to remove & go back to stock when not needed ? Thanks , Max
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #492
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods wizard View Post
Can you guys give an opinion on the build quality & installation process of your Safari front tanks. I tried their website but no info comes up . Just trying to get an idea of whats involved in installing it. Also if there is any problems down the road . How easy is it to remove & go back to stock when not needed ? Thanks , Max

The build quality is a 7/10 IMO....The tank however is very functional and tuff....The tank is not a on/off type of system...once you get it installed you are going to want to leave it......

On my new Berg I opted to skip the Safari...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #493
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,168
and there is the rub on the 70 degree bikes.. pay a huge amount of money for a non existent rear tank for only 1 gallon... or an even bigger amount for the safari tank which by many accounts has questionable quality control and is a PITA to install..plus you have to take the tank off these bikes to do just about anything on it... I had opted for the 70 degree tank and then carrying the extra gallon in a dromedairy or msr bottles strapped on.. but now I dont know.. this latest delay in the sub frame tank may have pushed me to the front safari tank.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #494
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
and there is the rub on the 70 degree bikes.. pay a huge amount of money for a non existent rear tank for only 1 gallon... or an even bigger amount for the safari tank which by many accounts has questionable quality control and is a PITA to install..plus you have to take the tank off these bikes to do just about anything on it... I had opted for the 70 degree tank and then carrying the extra gallon in a dromedairy or msr bottles strapped on.. but now I dont know.. this latest delay in the sub frame tank may have pushed me to the front safari tank.

I can't remember who or what thread but I was told that once you have the safari tank on, swapping to and from stock is a 10 minute operation. That tells me that taking it off and on should be easy too. Can that person speak up on this thread hopefully? (Sorry for my poor memory and laziness).

Comparing Safari to that debacle rear tank is really unfair to them. They're established and bringing out new stuff all the time. I have no Safari tanks but a friend tested the Tiger 800 XC tank so I've seen it in clay models, then in reality and working, so to me that proves the company is still bringing out new stuff successfully.

Chris
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #495
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Chris View Post
I can't remember who or what thread but I was told that once you have the safari tank on, swapping to and from stock is a 10 minute operation. That tells me that taking it off and on should be easy too. Can that person speak up on this thread hopefully? (Sorry for my poor memory and laziness).

Comparing Safari to that debacle rear tank is really unfair to them. They're established and bringing out new stuff all the time. I have no Safari tanks but a friend tested the Tiger 800 XC tank so I've seen it in clay models, then in reality and working, so to me that proves the company is still bringing out new stuff successfully.

Chris
I must be one of the lucky ones, because that debacled rear tank by 70 Degrees has worked out perfectly for me. I bought it with my bike. The dealer had them in stock, and I've never had an issue with it at all. I'm sorry to see all the problems with getting someone to manufacture them, but they are a great tank that changes nothing about the way your bike feeld or handles. Hopefully, they can find some manufacturer that isn't a total wuss and who will build them despite what a liability lawyer advises. I hate lawyers, they just might be the single most destructive force in our society. Oops, I kind got lost in a little rant there, sorry. Anyway, I'd still like to add a Safari front tank to my bike because I'm often pushing the limits of my fuel even with the two tanks and the two extra two liter bottles of fuel I carry now. The single biggest flaw to the Husaberg is the lack of fuel capacity and the high price of the aftermarket tanks that can fix that problem.
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote