Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #526
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Which size dromedary bag for the back of my 390?
Leaning toward the 6L but the 4L may fit better
I'm also using a Mojavi Bag which I really like.

I've used a 6L by itself on the back of my 570 and it fits great. Cannot notice it is there, and no risk of moving or falling off.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #527
Lost Rider OP
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,146
A 4L fits inside the Mojave when about. full, I carry a 6L clipped to my backpack sometimes.

This was a Mobile posting using Tapatalk App

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #528
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
Which size dromedary bag for the back of my 390?
Leaning toward the 6L but the 4L may fit better
I'm also using a Mojavi Bag which I really like.

I have a 6-liter one of these, and IMHO it blows. It's actually very nicely constructed and seems totally bombproof. BUT the valve is tiny, even putting a 1/2 liter of water into a stove is a PITA unless you hang it, then it's simply a PITA because it takes so long to fill anything. My preference is for Platypus bags, both the tanks and I also like them best in the backpack. Easy to fill, easy to use, easy to clean, also just as bombproof.

I had both of these down at a cabin this last week, it would be worse camping.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #529
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
I have a 6-liter one of these, and IMHO it blows. It's actually very nicely constructed and seems totally bombproof. BUT the valve is tiny, even putting a 1/2 liter of water into a stove is a PITA unless you hang it, then it's simply a PITA because it takes so long to fill anything. My preference is for Platypus bags, both the tanks and I also like them best in the backpack. Easy to fill, easy to use, easy to clean, also just as bombproof.

I had both of these down at a cabin this last week, it would be worse camping.
One solution for that is to replace the cap with a standard Nalgene bottle cap... .and I think he was asking about using it to haul extra fuel?? The Dromedary is being used in that capacity by a lot of folks... short term fuel storage.. the shape and tie down points make it very easy to strap to a rear fender until you need the fuel.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #530
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
One solution for that is to replace the cap with a standard Nalgene bottle cap... .and I think he was asking about using it to haul extra fuel?? The Dromedary is being used in that capacity by a lot of folks... short term fuel storage.. the shape and tie down points make it very easy to strap to a rear fender until you need the fuel.
Ahh, right on. Should have read closer.
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #531
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,192
Quote:
Ahh, right on. Should have read closer.
Well he didnt really say he was going to use it for fuel.. you may be right.. I may be wrong
Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #532
scorpion
Two arm bandit

Oddometer: 5,369
Ah yes, I want to haul fuel. With a 390 isn't that obvious! :lol

Trying to get my range into 150-180mile zone

07 KTM 990 11 Husaberg 390
scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #533
Rossb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Ignition Switch Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
***EDIT***
I was mistaken and originally posted a photo of the headlight plug - fixed.

Looks exactly the same ignition as mine, here's where the North America FE570S plugs in:
I traced it and the wires get lost going into the main harness.

Where is this plug hiding in the loom?
I don't see mine in the front
Rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #534
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Funny. First time I used mine I hated how slowly the fuel came out. Second time, I started hating it again and then noticed the cap is a 3 way. The small part screws off, yielding a 1/2" pour opening which only takes ~30 seconds to drain the bag. I liked it again.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #535
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,182
Cyborg - I just got a couple of the tool tubes from ADVrider vendor gatogato. The same one you used. It looks like it will fit my 2010 FX450, but just barely. I can't tell from your photos exactly how you mounted the tube on your Berg. Can you please post up some more pix and the details of just how you did it? I assume you have confirmed that (a) the tube doesn't interfere w/ the tire, swingarm, or chainguard and (b) that your mounting system is sturdy enough (I was thinking of putting a +_ 1 liter fuel bottle in the tube).

Thanks
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #536
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Cyborg - I just got a couple of the tool tubes from ADVrider vendor gatogato. The same one you used. It looks like it will fit my 2010 FX450, but just barely. I can't tell from your photos exactly how you mounted the tube on your Berg. Can you please post up some more pix and the details of just how you did it? I assume you have confirmed that (a) the tube doesn't interfere w/ the tire, swingarm, or chainguard and (b) that your mounting system is sturdy enough (I was thinking of putting a +_ 1 liter fuel bottle in the tube).

Thanks
I didn't see Cyborg mention this..... but his bike has a rear subframe fuel tank which completely opens up the left (opposite muffler) underside making plenty of room for the tool tube.
On my FE570S with a stock rear subframe there was no way the tool tube would fit without interfering with the tire.
I didn't find this out however until after I initially bought 2 tool tubes.
Maybe your '10 FX450 has a different rear subframe?

Dave
Old 01-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #537
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,182
Oh, well that could be it. Shucks.

I don't have the subframe tank. I think my subframe is the same as any other 70* Berg.

I still think the tube might fit if it had a low profile bracket allowing the tube to be mounted in a position quite a bit farther back than Cyborg has his. If I get anywhere w/ it I'll post it up here.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:06 PM   #538
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1 View Post
I didn't see Cyborg mention this..... but his bike has a rear subframe fuel tank which completely opens up the left (opposite muffler) underside making plenty of room for the tool tube.
On my FE570S with a stock rear subframe there was no way the tool tube would fit without interfering with the tire.
I didn't find this out however until after I initially bought 2 tool tubes.
Maybe your '10 FX450 has a different rear subframe?

Dave

Just catching up. Yes, as Rider1 says I have the 70degree subframe tank and never tried the tool tube with the standard plastic subframe, so I probably can't help you (SRG) there. It fit just fine and easily with subframe tank with plenty of clearance for everything.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:47 AM   #539
Mr_Chris
Get away, evil car!

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Just catching up. Yes, as Rider1 says I have the 70degree subframe tank and never tried the tool tube with the standard plastic subframe, so I probably can't help you (SRG) there. It fit just fine and easily with subframe tank with plenty of clearance for everything.
For what it's worth, the FE 570 (2012 in Australia at least), does not come with the "secret compartment" on the left, so it looks like Cyborg's except of course without the tank under there.

The side number plate looks a bit stiff but not sure how well it would hold up with much weight, I suppose that's up to the fasteners.
Mr_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #540
Brian011952
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
Weather!

I haven't ridden the Hussy in a week, the high temp today was 20. I'm ready for sunshine and heat too. Will that solar storm they are predicting help? Hmmm...
Brian011952 is offline   Reply With Quote