Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #31
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad600 View Post
Not true, the Yellow flag was because he was on the ground, the red flag came out as he intentionally crawled further out towards the middle of the track. (Take a look at your DVR if you recorded it like I did). That to me makes it an intentional act, which is completely different than if he crashed and just didn't move. He should not have been rewarded with a restart after that.
I don't have an opinion about intent, but if he drew the red flag, his race should have been over one way or another. I sense the organizers want to keep their stars in the show. Afterall, they don't have many. Take Blake out and who is left to make a race of it?

As it was, Race 2 ended up pretty lame.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #32
WIsixfitty
ceiling unlimited

Oddometer: 2,049
Quote:
Not true, the Yellow flag was because he was on the ground, the red flag came out as he intentionally crawled further out towards the middle of the track. (Take a look at your DVR if you recorded it like I did). That to me makes it an intentional act, which is completely different than if he crashed and just didn't move. He should not have been rewarded with a restart after that.
Did BY see the red flag prior to crawling anywhere? I did not record.

Methinks he was a little dazed and confused and had no idea which way he was crawling.

And yes take Blake out and we have a summer of yawners.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #33
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 883
I don't have a problem with the red flag rule. In all reality, there is no way he should have been able to win that race with only 6 laps to go and starting last to boot. No one would be complaining if he hadn't done as well as he did.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIsixfitty View Post
Did BY see the red flag prior to crawling anywhere? I did not record.

Methinks he was a little dazed and confused and had no idea which way he was crawling.

And yes take Blake out and we have a summer of yawners.
I just looked at it again and there was no red flag being waved until after he crawled to the center of the track and then stopped there (he was right next to the flag station). Dazed and confused...maybe if he'd slammed his head or something, but all he did was slide for a bit. I've gone down hard during regional road races and never once have I confused the track surface for the side of the track...

All that being said, I'm certainly not saying I dislike or like him, I just think he intentionally created a red flag situation to stop the race. That action had a byproduct of putting his fellow riders in harms way. What if someone hit him at speed, then two (3 or 4?) guys would have been down/hurt, would it be ok then? I'd be just as upset if he'd lost the race. An intentional action that puts others in harms way should never be rewarded...and in this case, it was.

srad600 screwed with this post 04-22-2012 at 05:16 PM
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #35
Rajin Cajun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
I agree, Blake should NOT have been allowed to restart the race especially with only 6 laps to go. If that's the case then anytime a rider goes down, the race should be stopped and he given a chance to restart from the back of the grid... Makes a lot of sense huh? Even though I don't agree with the officials ruling, I thought that he was a man of fire after the restart. Amazing riding! And now my opinion of Blake after seeing him on "Blowhard Tunnel" with Dave DeAzzkisser last night. Blake, you are a whiny little Beotch (albeit one that can ride) and I really hope you get your azz handed to you the rest of the season. Now back to your regularly scheduled programing...
Rajin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #36
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,186
Quote:
I just looked at it again and there was no red flag being waved until after he crawled to the center of the track and then stopped there (he was right next to the flag station). Dazed and confused...maybe if he'd slammed his head or something, but all he did was slide for a bit. I've gone down hard during regional road races and never once have I confused the track surface for the side of the track...

All that being said, I'm certainly not saying I dislike or like him, I just think he intentionally created a red flag situation to stop the race. That action had a byproduct of putting his fellow riders in harms way. What if someone hit him at speed, then two (3 or 4?) guys would have been down/hurt, would it be ok then? I'd be just as upset if he'd lost the race. An intentional action that puts others in harms way should never be rewarded...and in this case, it was.
You should post less often.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 AM   #37
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
You should post less often.
Why should he post less often? Just curious. His post did not seem overly preposterous or trolling in nature.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #38
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
Why should he post less often? Just curious. His post did not seem overly preposterous or trolling in nature.
Because he writes about which he knows nothing.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #39
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,785
Quote:
I just looked at it again and there was no red flag being waved until after he crawled to the center of the track and then stopped there (he was right next to the flag station).
I looked at the repeated replays, and I drew an entirely different conclusion - it seemed to me he curled up and stayed roughly in place to ensure oncoming riders did not have to deal with a moving target.

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #40
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
I looked at the repeated replays, and I drew an entirely different conclusion - it seemed to me he curled up and stayed roughly in place to ensure oncoming riders did not have to deal with a moving target.
Yep, they were splitting him on both sides. Red flag was completely necessary.

Beyond that, the rule book allows him to restart. BY79 did nothing wrong. Taking advantage of the rule book is one of the cornerstones of racing.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #41
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
How can you not be? That performance was incredible.

The performance was incredible. The rider and his actions? Not so much. Young acted like a Jr. High School kid with the way he acted towards Hayes first and the the officials when told he would restart from last.

Seriously, my five year old throws tantrums like that.

And Tim, if I know not of which I speak, just let me knopw and I'll stop posting. You can be the judge of this from now on.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #42
Mr. Magoo
n/a

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:

That's ridiculous. Why don't you just refute his claims with facts and analysis?

But enough of that. It was a very entertaining race with the racers showing a lot of talent, courage, and determination.
Mr. Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #43
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubya View Post
Yep, they were splitting him on both sides. Red flag was completely necessary.

Beyond that, the rule book allows him to restart. BY79 did nothing wrong. Taking advantage of the rule book is one of the cornerstones of racing.
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
The performance was incredible. The rider and his actions? Not so much. Young acted like a Jr. High School kid with the way he acted towards Hayes first and the the officials when told he would restart from last.

Seriously, my five year old throws tantrums like that.
I don't get caught up in all these racers personality deficiencies and could care less. I'm only interested in what they do on the track. And what he did was well within the rules and was simply amazing.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #44
srad600
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Considering this is an open forum, I will continue to express my opinion weather or not it's something you agree with, thanks.

FYI I never said the red flag did not come out because he could have been hit...in fact that exactly what I said. I did say that where he first came to a stop, he could have been off the track and out of harms way but instead chose to crawl further towards the center of the track and then stop moving...which brought out the red flag.

Either way this has been beaten to death... moving on...
srad600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #45
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,071
Quote:
Dazed and confused...maybe if he'd slammed his head or something, but all he did was slide for a bit. I've gone down hard during regional road races and never once have I confused the track surface for the side of the track...
So are you one of the AFM locals?

Seriously, you don't know what you speak. You can't tell by watching on TV whether a rider was dazed or not. And if you've never been dazed on a lowside, you've either been lucky or haven't crashed enough. You don't even need much of a helmet impact. The head whipping in a tumble can knock the rider out cold. To insist on the kid's behavior from what you saw on TV just isn't credible.

Dale Ernhardt's last crash didn't look like much on TV, yet he was dead in his seat from a glancing wall impact. I'm pretty sure that's why the Hans Device and the Leatt Brace were invented.

Carry on
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote