User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Finially!

Well, I FINIALLY am getting more towards the MPG I expect on my Elite 150!

The 2nd tank with the new CVT plate in the back [the 86 clutch plate vs the 87, AND a new used belt I had], I calculated it to be 80 MPG! That was with all different types of riding on that tank, a little WFO, city, country backroads, hills, etc, not being TOO careful, but not flooring it either off the line. Pretty good!

Now, it was either the belt or the 87 having that restriction. It does appear when on the centerstand and revving that the 86 opens up slightly more than the 87 however.

So, FINIALLY getting decent MPG!

But, damn I'm really missing my Shadow! Gonna get a 95 F250 4X4 460 big block this weekend, so at 10 MPG the scooter will seem like it take no gas! But, putting all the money into the truck but eventually I'll get the Shadow on the road.

It needs the exhaust of course, new tires, front end's shot [always leaks fork fluid, even changed the seals still leaks on account they's rusted], and needs paint, the left peg bolts is bent so need a way to get them out to replace the bent peg, and some other little things. Can't afford that right now. But, soon hopefully.

The scoots a blast around town, but I really miss that big V-Twin! Having 62 HP, an Overdrive 6th gear to cruise at a true 70 MPH on GPS barley turning 4K, and right before I crashed discovered with enough oil WAY more power! It runs great, has an excellent engine all along. I miss my long weekend trips. The scoot ain't so fun on all day trips, it just don't have the displacement. I CAN do it, but not enjoyably. I just miss that comfort, sound, and feel of that bike. Got 65 MPG at 72 MPH on GPS, and hi 60s MPG in town. Its a great bike.

But, in the mean time, the scoot is a blast. Getting real hot and nice riding weather though! Just wish I had more cc's, but honestly I'm getting along fine on this 153 cc. If it wasn't for my long distance riding style, this would do almost all I need.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
cool!!!how is it going with getting the elite 80 registered?

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
btcn OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna bECO View Post
cool!!!how is it going with getting the elite 80 registered?
Man I almost completely forgot about that! Been busy with all these other bikes. Actually was just talking about it tonight. We's gonna check the DMV and see whats up with that.

Its a neat little bike for fuckin around. Probably get the Shadow done first, but I'll actually check the DMV before I do it. I'm pretty sure it's been 7 years now, or definitly by this summer so it SHOULD reset as far as I know.