Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #31
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Some people are just losers. They make themselves feel better by putting down others.
Yup.

People who define their manhood by what they drive or ride...simply don't have any. Manhood, that is.

ANYONE can buy an expensive car or bike. But an impotent old fart in a hot car...is still an impotent old fart.

I define myself in other ways. At work, I drive some of the biggest, most expensive vehicles on the planet...as in, a railway train. On my own time, I drive a little Toyota, or an old Dodge van, or little Chinese scoots. Had a BMW, which is being sold...age, health, and reality issues. Replaced it with a maxi-scoot.

I'm the same guy I would be waiting at the bus stop.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #32
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
bbishoppcm I agree with you there!

Those Wannabe H-D guys are a real nuicense sometimes. I swear, we got a real nice warm Sunday, and it was like a Poser Marathon! NON of the wanna be types would wave to me on my Elite. Won't even look at me. And just ride past me so disrespectifully sometimes! Trying to show how fast there H-Ds are?

Crotch Rocket types can also be annoying. I'm just like your kidding? Your gonna show me how fast your 999 cc inline four with 400 pounds loaded is by beating a 86 153 cc Scooter off the line? Then I get to the next stoplight.

Now, those type of bikers that put in 2K a year and only ride in the sun, thats FINE. Whatever makes you happy, right? BUT, for them to act like there real men/bikers over me because they ride a H-D, yet don't actually ride? I put in more miles in a month than 1/2 them do in a year. They'll do like one 400 mile day and brag about it for a year.

Real bikers don't exactly respect scooters, but they don't disrespect me either. They mind there own buisness. Some of them will actually wave too! Not many but some. But a lot of 1%ers only wave to other club members, but not to be disrespectiful, just cause they's basically has nothing to do with others.

I just get really annoyed by them at times. Most of us here ride rain or shine. Now it don't mean your not a rider if ya don't. But, I ride rain, shine, hail, cold, hot. Don't care.

Most H-D riders are cool guys though. Just a few of the posers give all bikers a bad name. Just like squids on Crotch Rockets. So don't dislike someone for having an H-D. I love H-Ds myself.

Cagers are just as annoying. People in general. But, my policy is, I really don't give a fuck what you think. Trying to prove to me is a waste of time. Think a little like that, and you'll care less. I have joined many of y'all at laughing at what these idiots think and do. SOMETIMES its downright funny. BUT, I draw the line when they do something thats dangerous to me.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #33
Pica Hudsonia
Super-dupergenius

Oddometer: 143
That's a sad, ignorant thing to say, even without the gay epithet.

"Get a real bike." Mmkay, uh... what exactly does it need to qualify as "real?" He's in a car and probably doesn't own anything with two wheels. Or, maybe he has a big custom chopper parked at home--something I see as ridiculous and stupid, but would never put anyone down for owning, because to each his own, right? If this is the case, he's probably in debt up to his eyeballs and resents that his machine is too fuel-thirsty, uncomfortable, and impractical for anything besides Saturday night bar-hopping.

I'm sure the guy frequently yells things like this in a futile effort to feel tough and cool, while deep inside, he is very confused, insecure, and unfulfilled. All you can do is grin and ride away, knowing it truly does not matter WHAT you ride as much as what the riding does for you.

...Then again, if he'd had the balls to talk to you before you're riding away, you could have responded with: "Oh, this isn't my main ride. I'm usually cruising in a bad-ass Grand Prix, but my boyfriend had to borrow it for the day."
Pica Hudsonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #34
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by vader1 View Post
Is the driver of the Grand Prix aware that Pontiac went under due to horrible product?
No, Pontiac went under because the general public finally realized they were just leftover Oldsmobiles covered in about 400 pounds of plastic body cladding. Seriously... what was with all that freaking cladding? What were they trying to hide?
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #35
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbishoppcm View Post
What were they trying to hide?
GM engineering.
seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #36
RustyStuff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbishoppcm View Post
What were they trying to hide?
The nail holes.....
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 AM   #37
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Anyone who says something like that all the while driving a car?

That's just ignorant. Riding a scooter in traffic makes you an automatic badass, not a f*****

Silly cagers. No real balls, all false talk.

All coddled and comfy and warn and safe in the car. Yeah, who sounds like a f*****, now...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:30 AM   #38
topless
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I had a friend who had a hopped up Zuma50, it had big bore kit, pipe, tuned, etc. It was stock looking accept for the pipe, but it was stupid quick to 53mph. He's 6'2" and 260 lbs, former Marine Force Recon. He was sitting at a light and some woman in a Lexus SUV, rolled up and laid into him, calling names saying he deserved to be on a scooter for his drunk driving, blah, blah blah, and she kept it up until the light changed. He never said a word, later he laughed about it, sitting at home in his garage was a Kawi 1400cc and a KTM 990. He just liked riding the Zuma.
Now, I'm not sure what would happen to a man that said things to him. He's one of the baddest men I've ever known.
topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #39
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
One of the cool things about getting older is mellowing out and not giving a crap about what other people think of your home or vehicles. I drive a 2004 Ford Focus and I love it. It gets close to 35mpg and I even put a trailer hitch to haul a HF 4x8 motorcycle trailer which doubles as a kayak trailer. I use to haul my jetski with it. I bought it 2 years ago with 75k on the odometer for $3800 cash and have put about 30k on it and have done nothing other than change the oil, replace the tires, and I just did front brakes last weekend. I've took a little ribbing here and there by my "truck" driving friends but I just let them know I put less than $20/week in my runabout car while they probably put $50/week just to drive back and forth to work. I'm not a total tree hugger, I have a '99 dodge ram 1500 than pulls my heavy trailer and my boat to the lake.

As far as the scooter, I had a 50cc Zuma a few years ago and I loved it. I rode it around the yard and neighborhood with the kids as much as I did on the road. I had a few people laugh or cuss me, but I just understood they were ignorant jerks and went about my way. The ONLY reason I got rid of it was because I needed more top-end to keep up with traffic. Scooters are cool and scooter riders are generally somewhat eccentric and go their own way which makes them cool in my view.

Scoot on. I really like the suggestion of flashing the peace sign and smiling. That will be my new tactic when I get another scoot.
IBA#33560
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #40
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topless View Post
I had a friend who had a hopped up Zuma50, it had big bore kit, pipe, tuned, etc. It was stock looking accept for the pipe, but it was stupid quick to 53mph. He's 6'2" and 260 lbs, former Marine Force Recon. He was sitting at a light and some woman in a Lexus SUV, rolled up and laid into him, calling names saying he deserved to be on a scooter for his drunk driving, blah, blah blah, and she kept it up until the light changed. He never said a word, later he laughed about it, sitting at home in his garage was a Kawi 1400cc and a KTM 990. He just liked riding the Zuma.
Now, I'm not sure what would happen to a man that said things to him. He's one of the baddest men I've ever known.
I'm so glad I don't live in a place with the "liquor-cycle" laws. I'd probably still scooter, but my god it would kill my mood if people assumed I was a drunk driver because of my ride.

Here in WA you need a valid driver's license even for a 49cc scooter (though you don't need a moto endorsement).

bogey78: nice choice in car! I have an '06 Focus. Does it tow alright?
Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #41
Monday
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
Haven't had anyone yell anything at me, but I did have some kid try to "blow me away" in his mitsu lancer (non turbo/not fun car). I was passing him in a 55 and he started speeding up so I just pulled in behind him. Speed limit was 55 and I was at 67 before he finally lifted. I figured a cop would pull him over before pulling a scooter over. I bet that kid didn't think he'd have a scooter in his rear view the whole time. It's my dads 87ch 150, just got 77mpg. I ride it to work as much as I can (8 miles round trip). I had a R6 in college and I didn't have this much fun on it! I'm all about smaller bikes. People at work joke with me about it and we all have fun with it. It doesn't change who I am and I've got enough self confidence/esteem to allow myself to enjoy it. I just like riding.
Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #42
bogey78
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraph View Post
I'm so glad I don't live in a place with the "liquor-cycle" laws. I'd probably still scooter, but my god it would kill my mood if people assumed I was a drunk driver because of my ride.

Here in WA you need a valid driver's license even for a 49cc scooter (though you don't need a moto endorsement).

bogey78: nice choice in car! I have an '06 Focus. Does it tow alright?
I have the ZTS version which has the 2.3 Duratec engine. If I'm not mistaken, it is almost identical to what I had in my old 4 cylinder Ford Ranger. I can't tell the trailer/kayak combo is behind me at all. With a streetbike/trailer, I can barely tell when starting off or stopping, but it isn't any different than when I have my wife and kids in the car. That Harbor Freight $200 trailer is perfect for this car.

As far as the liquor cycle laws, I wish we had the 49cc exemption here in Alabama. Anything that keeps me from giving the county or state my money is OK in my book.
IBA#33560
bogey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #43
seraph
asshole on a scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogey78 View Post
I have the ZTS version which has the 2.3 Duratec engine. If I'm not mistaken, it is almost identical to what I had in my old 4 cylinder Ford Ranger. I can't tell the trailer/kayak combo is behind me at all. With a streetbike/trailer, I can barely tell when starting off or stopping, but it isn't any different than when I have my wife and kids in the car. That Harbor Freight $200 trailer is perfect for this car.

As far as the liquor cycle laws, I wish we had the 49cc exemption here in Alabama. Anything that keeps me from giving the county or state my money is OK in my book.
My '06 has the 2.0 Duratec, so I'm down a bit on power (I think about 20hp/20ft-lb?), but it's still good to hear it does fine. Now if only I had a place to keep a trailer.

Now to get back on topic!

Most of the shit I take about scooters happens off the road. The other day I was letting my Stella warm up outside work and a guy walked by and said "Too bad it isn't a Harley, eh?" I ignored him.

There's one friend-of-a-friend who I see only occasionally who, despite being a pretty nice (if annoying) guy, has to bring up my scooter every time he sees me. He rides a 10-year-old R1, and yes, he's crashed it - a few times. It's always questions about when I'm going to "upgrade" or what-have-you.

I don't get why he thinks his choice of expenditure makes him more better than me. I could even understand the "upgrade" comment if he had spent a lot more money than me, but I, too, could've bought a beat-up old sportsbike for what I spent on my Stella. Bragging about money in that way is equally classless, but it's more of a foundation for mockery, I guess.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #44
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,920
We need a shirt that says

"Scooters - if I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand."
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #45
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by topless View Post
Man, I'd love to see them people talk shit to him! Espically the poser H-D guys, about how there "real" men cause they do 2K a year on there H-D!