Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
DARKRYDER OP
NoNoob

Oddometer: 322
WTB: 990 Idle Speed Control Stepper Motor

Hi All,

My 990 has developed a random high-idle issue and I've done everything I can to resolve it including adjusting throttle cables with ISC retracted using TuneECU, adjusting primary TPS, remapping, replacing battery, cleaning throttle bodies, etc. The bike idles between 2K and 3K RPMs and is unusable until I get this resolved. All parameters in TuneECU look normal and there are no error codes.

I ordered a new TPS sensor (#61041077000) from KTM Twins and would also like to replace the Idle Speed Control (“ISC”) stepper motor as this seems to be the likely source of my random high-idle issue.

The bike is a 2010 Adventure 990 R and this issue really has me bummed as I'm planning some big rides this season. The part I need is pictured in the following thread, I only need the motor, not the linkage.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597191

Does anyone have a source for this part other than KTM? It seems they don't sell it separately from the throttle body and I only need a good working sensor to replace mine with to rule it out as the root cause of my issue. Someone mentioned there's an equivalent Triumph ISC motor that can be purchased for $200, but I can't find a source.

Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy
3 Kaboom's, 3 Dudes, and a Chick ride Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (UTBDR & COBDR)
DARKRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
pelham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Hi..I have a similar issue (idle drops and engine shuts down). Have you been able to solve it? if yes, how?

Thanks

pelham screwed with this post 11-16-2014 at 01:33 AM
pelham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,149
In the H.O.W.

Stepper Motor Equivalent:
Bikyto: As you know, ktm only sells the whole throttle body for $1100-1300 depending of where you get it. Most people that have eliminated all the possible issues with sensors, tps, TB sync, pressure sensor...etc... And still have erratic idle issues, notability an idle that goes up and down or gets stuck at a particular rpm.... Are usually left with the need to replace the stepper motor. Well, here is the part that can replace the stepper motor on our throttle bodies for about $200 or so.

Triumph 1050 Speed triple/1050 ST ----- part number T1241182
Old 11-16-2014, 04:44 AM   #4
dakanzi
ItalianStyle

Oddometer: 5
http://www.ktm-versand.de/product_in...-------05.html

cod. 61041060000
dakanzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #5
DARKRYDER OP
NoNoob

Oddometer: 322
The solution for me was to replace the primary TPS sensor and clean all electrical connectors near the front of the engine near the battery. The large brown connector behind the skid plate was packed full of dirt and so were a few others. I thoroughly washed them out, cleaned the metal contacts, reassembled with dielectric grease and then sealed the connectors with RTV and wrapped them with Gorilla tape. Bike idles and runs perfectly now after several thousand miles. Oh, I also installed a new Shorai battery and larger regulator/rectifier but those weren't the issue. Good luck
3 Kaboom's, 3 Dudes, and a Chick ride Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, Montana
Passed Out In CO & Washed Up In UT (UTBDR & COBDR)
DARKRYDER is offline   Reply With Quote