User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1621
kennyd
kennyd

Oddometer: 231
rim size

what are the rim width of the std 17/19" rims? and what are the width of the R 18/21" this will help with tire choice. thanks!
kennyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #1622
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
what are the rim width of the std 17/19" rims? and what are the width of the R 18/21" this will help with tire choice. thanks!
3.50 x 19
5.00 x 17

2.50 x 21
4.50 x 18

No tire choice

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #1623
coast range rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
I will be at the Milan bike show next Tuesday and will be able to get a good look around the new 1190's. And hopefully ask lots of questions !

Anyone got any questions they would like me to ask ?

Is there going to be an optional swingarm cover to keep the mud out, or should I just buy a can of expanding orange foam to fill it?
Or how about:
Will regular high pressure wash to swingarm shorten chain life?
coast range rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #1624
dunerat
WTF?

Oddometer: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike955i View Post
loved the comment by Chippy that it (the R) was better than the SE off road, just hope my little legs can reach the ground. If so, this is my next bike. Man, I'm glad I found this!

Best.......Mike
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #1625
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,382
I figured that wouldn't be up for long so I downloaded the issue via the ipad app and its really great. It's only $5.99 for the single issue but it prompted me to update all my motorcycle subscriptions to digital. I think if I were to add up the cost of all the magazines I buy on the newsstand it would pay for the ipad.

Anyway, the photos look amazing on the ipad - much better than print ever could and the whole issue is actually worth the download. They did one of the best jobs of moto journalism ever and if you have an ipad (or any tablet with subscriptions) you should reward their hard work and thoroughness by buying the issue.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #1626
SwedishViking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
I figured that wouldn't be up for long so I downloaded the issue via the ipad app and its really great. It's only $5.99 for the single issue but it prompted me to update all my motorcycle subscriptions to digital. I think if I were to add up the cost of all the magazines I buy on the newsstand it would pay for the ipad.

Anyway, the photos look amazing on the ipad - much better than print ever could and the whole issue is actually worth the download. They did one of the best jobs of moto journalism ever and if you have an ipad (or any tablet with subscriptions) you should reward their hard work and thoroughness by buying the issue.

Gregor
Indeed, it is very good!
SwedishViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #1627
markie_wales
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike955i View Post
Thank you for posting that AWESOME article. In almost 30 years of riding I have never loved a bike like I love my 05 950ADV, to this day. I could never have seen a case for me ever selling it......until now. Love what they did with the new bike, loved the comment by Chippy that it (the R) was better than the SE off road, just hope my little legs can reach the ground. If so, this is my next bike. Man, I'm glad I found this!

Best.......Mike
Yeah I saw that he said he preferred it to the SE. I may test ride, but got my SE as I want it now, and the cost to change & get it as I want it (for me) means I "may" be looking for a 2d had one in 2015/2016 at the earliest!! Actually, I just prefer the look of the SE :)

cheers

Markie
Old 11-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #1628
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Just re-read the article and have had a long chat with someone who has ridden the new 1190 ...................

Busy writing up a list of the extras on my 990 and thinking about numbers

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #1629
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,288
Quote:
It's only $5.99 for the single issue...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's 5.99 pounds, not $, and at current exchange rates and fees, you're likely to see a $10+ on your statement.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1630
sakurama
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's 5.99 pounds, not $, and at current exchange rates and fees, you're likely to see a $10+ on your statement.

- Mark
Consider yourself corrected Mark! it's $6 not pounds since you're buying it through Apple not through England. Sorta like you don't have to pay for a croissant in Euros if you buy it here.

Give it another whirl but expect a big download as these digital magazines are very hires to deal with the super res of the iPads - the upside is once its downloaded you don't need the connection again and it's fast and crazy sharp. As a photographer I can say that the ipad is the ultimate way to view images as its like looking at 8x10 chromes on a light box. Pure backlit bliss and infinite detail. It's worth the $6.

Gregor
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #1631
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,288
Quote:
Consider yourself corrected Mark! it's $6 not pounds since you're buying it through Apple not through England. Sorta like you don't have to pay for a croissant in Euros if you buy it here.
Just checked and right you are. I agree, $6 is steep for a single issue of a magazine, but Bike may be the one that is worth it.

While fooling around, I was finally able to get to a subscription page by using a different button. It's $14 for 3 mos, $27 for 6 mos, and $48 for a yr. So $4 to $4.67 per issue.

I do a few iPad magazines through Zinio. It generally works pretty well.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #1632
everetto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
I may have missed it - what are current best guesses when this might be available in the US?
everetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #1633
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by everetto View Post
I may have missed it - what are current best guesses when this might be available in the US?
Don't know about the US but we won't see it in the UK dealers until mid to late Feb 2013

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #1634
gbx2001
Geophiz

Oddometer: 92
Agree completely

Quote:

Gregor
I downloaded the "Bike" App to my iPad and then downloaded the December 2012 issue ($5.99) and agree completely with Gregor that the photos are well done and the 1190 articles are well written. Naturally I would like "more" information, but the 30 pages on the new 1190 Adventure is worth the few dollars.

Until this bike hits the NA shores, I will keep enjoying my 2010 990 Adventure though!
gbx2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #1635
Denalidirt
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 817
was waiting for that

Quote:
Originally Posted by neduro View Post
Hi Guys-

First, I'm sorry to say I had to take down the images of the 1190 review. That's copyrighted material, and scanning/ posting is an infringement of that.

Bike is an awesome magazine, if we want it to stay that way, they need to sell it. Go buy it on your newstand. It's worth it.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Neduro
As a professional photographer I noticed the improper posting right off the bat. Glad I got a chance to read the article but also glad to see it removed.

Sorry to those who didn't get a chance to read it.
Denalidirt is offline   Reply With Quote