Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #2536
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
the fact is that the side stand isn't great, it dosen't always go back into the upper position and I need to help it with my foot.
it's the only negative thing of this bike up till now.
How soon will there be an adequate relocator on the aftermarket? Another two months?
Old 03-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #2537
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
motorcycle daily review

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/...comment-165308
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:35 PM   #2538
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
Some titillating comments here from a UK owner of a 950 SE who took the 1190 Adventure for a test-run.

A taste:

"The motor is insane . It feels even faster than the Multistrada yet will potter through towns in 6th at 40 mph."

More ...
Old 03-15-2013, 03:06 AM   #2539
Azmontana
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Had a sit on both the new 1190 A and R model. Few things I don't like is the grab handles, I seemed to kick them getting on and off, the exhaust looks horrid. Other things I liked was KTM seemed to have learnt from the old Adv and most of the common engineering fault such as side stand, mirrors have been solved, the bike really does look great in the flesh (apart from the can - I'm sure mods will be available soon enough) sounds fantastic, feels much lighter than the Adv. I think it will be an easier bike to work on (apart from any electrical niggles) much more space.
All in all a good step forward, will defo be looking to getting one in a few years time when used prices are reasonable.
Azmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #2540
Wuffi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
the fact is that the side stand isn't great, it dosen't always go back into the upper position and I need to help it with my foot.
it's the only negative thing of this bike up till now.
Hi Igorpetrovic,
when i picked up my 1190 at the dealer, the mechanic informed me, that he had to change the spring from the side-stand at all delivered bikes as well as to play a new update on the bikes. And yours was obviously one of the first bikes on market, maybe it had the "old" spring.
Ciao
Wuffi
Wuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #2541
igorpetrovich
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuffi View Post
Hi Igorpetrovic,
when i picked up my 1190 at the dealer, the mechanic informed me, that he had to change the spring from the side-stand at all delivered bikes as well as to play a new update on the bikes. And yours was obviously one of the first bikes on market, maybe it had the "old" spring.
Ciao
Wuffi
Thank you for the info, My dealer changed the spring too, am havier one. Atually afer using it for few days got better, now it works just fine.

is the new update you refer a softweare update? hope I'll get it next week for the 1000km check.

I just finished taking off the crash bars (very heavy) and the stuff for the penniers and the bike looks much better.
by now, consdering the much ligher akra my bike should be same wight of a 990 adv if not lighter.

I was able to go up some stairs easily.....
igorpetrovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 AM   #2542
jedogam
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Thank you for the info, My dealer changed the spring too, am havier one. Atually afer using it for few days got better, now it works just fine.

is the new update you refer a softweare update? hope I'll get it next week for the 1000km check.

I just finished taking off the crash bars (very heavy) and the stuff for the penniers and the bike looks much better.
by now, consdering the much ligher akra my bike should be same wight of a 990 adv if not lighter.

Picture with the new "look"? =)
jedogam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:23 AM   #2543
Wuffi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:

Hi Igor,
yes it was a Software Update but i dont know what for especially!!
Ciao
Wuffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #2544
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
Yes, I have noticed that they keep on updating something on the ecu before delivering the bikes. It looks like my delivery will be next week tuesday; I hope that they have made a good work on this, computer failure would be a very bad experience.
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #2545
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Quote:

Lets see it.
I have been quietly thinking that getting rid of the crash bars on the "R" would be one of the first thing I would do (if I had a 1190).

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #2546
vanilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
Lets see it.
I have been quietly thinking that getting rid of the crash bars on the "R" would be one of the first thing I would do (if I had a 1190).
Those beautiful orange bars OFF the bike?? I'd rather go on a diet!
vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #2547
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,158
While im eager to know the gearing difference on the KTM 1190 Adventure compared to my project. They told this in the review:
"Transmission ratios are different by necessity from the superbike, and first gear is much shorter to accommodate low-speed, off-road travel"

I have been looking into primary drive and that would be
40:76 = RC8R
40:76 = 1190 Adv.

So what it tells me is all changes have been done to the secondary drive(17-42 - adv and 17-37 - RC8R). And ofcourse the detuning of the engine to accomodate more grunt.

Time will soon tell.

Looks like this 1190 Adv is going to be the one to beat.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #2548
Redxjs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Bits missing

Finally took delivery of my new bike on Wednesday.
LOVE IT!
But no TPMS.
Not one of the 3 packs arrived complete either.
No panniers nor topbox, no heated seats, no high screen, no fancy brake & clutch levers.
But the Akrapovic pipe is on and sounds brilliant and looks far better than the standard one.
Redxjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #2549
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocuL View Post
While im eager to know the gearing difference on the KTM 1190 Adventure compared to my project. They told this in the review:
"Transmission ratios are different by necessity from the superbike, and first gear is much shorter to accommodate low-speed, off-road travel"

I have been looking into primary drive and that would be
40:76 = RC8R
40:76 = 1190 Adv.

So what it tells me is all changes have been done to the secondary drive(17-42 - adv and 17-37 - RC8R). And ofcourse the detuning of the engine to accomodate more grunt.

Time will soon tell.

Looks like this 1190 Adv is going to be the one to beat.
I think 'primary' is the drive from the crankshaft to the gearbox. Final drive includes the gearbox too. It is in the gearbox ratios where the differences are. For example, RC8 has 1st to 6th ratio 2.47 while the 990 has 2.81.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #2550
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,158
How do you get those numbers? Please learn me. Those numbers are interesting.