Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #2866
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
If you could see how many people ride without helmets around here....
A few years ago, during a trip in the North of Italy, I had my helmet tagged on my arm for a very short ride, say a few hundred meters, cops on motorcycle stopped me, after a fine, put my bike into custody, for 60 days. :-((((
I have managed to get it back after a few days to go back to home, but you can imagine how bad feeling it was. A few months later, this time rode to Sicily, I saw riders with helmet as many as my two hands fingers count. :-)))
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #2867
ChrisK7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
I'm going to be in Paris in May. Do any of you Frenchmen know if the KTM shops around Paris have or will have any of the 1190 Adventures on the showroom floors for a look?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #2868
hubilado
Motoquiero

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Hubilado, if you get a bit of time I would love to hear more about how your wife finds the passenger accommodation on this bike, particularly with respect to the footpeg placement.

Some have complained of the pillion pegs being too high and/or forward, and they do look that way.

But after 2200km your comment "The bike tours beautifully" suggests things can't be all bad for the occupant of the rear seat.

Any other comments you wanted to make on the bike's qualities as a tourer would also be more than welcome.

What sort of fuel range have you been getting?

Sounds like you are enjoying quite a trip. Congrats.
I started a little journal to keep track of how I've been "feeling" about the scooter as we've rode along. I haven't contributed to it now for a few days, but there are some remarks there about the pillion. I hope the link works...

Here's a link to the trip so far....

A bit of rain and cold in the north, but it's been a good outing so far.
hubilado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #2869
Michhub
Major Medical

Oddometer: 3,619
Did you buy or rent the 1190? Link worked fine, thats a great way to share your trip. Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
Bonsai Elephant - "
Life without a 990 is no life at all!"
Michhub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #2870
GVWR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
MCN have performed an off-road test with the Yamaha Super Tenere, BMW GS LC and KTM 1190 Adventure that gives an brief impression of the off-road performance of the T model.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ikes-off-road/
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #2871
dab68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK7 View Post
I'm going to be in Paris in May. Do any of you Frenchmen know if the KTM shops around Paris have or will have any of the 1190 Adventures on the showroom floors for a look?
I'm not Frenchman, but I can say that if you find a ktm dealer you'll find what you want. Or better, you could have the opportunity to get a test ride with the 1190.
Here in Europe it's already sold since 1 month.
Mine is arriving tomorrow
dab68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #2872
hubilado
Motoquiero

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michhub View Post
Did you buy or rent the 1190? Link worked fine, thats a great way to share your trip. Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
We rented the bike from Columbus International in Cannes. VERY nice folks and extremely helpful & cooperative in setting up a trip like this.

We're doing the journal using an iPad and iPhoto. Credit for the pix goes to my wife who cheerfully snaps away off the back of the bike.

hubilado screwed with this post 04-13-2013 at 12:16 AM
hubilado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #2873
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Tested in Fast Bikes Magazine, apparently awesome!
Red Dust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #2874
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 751
Cry Chasing 1190's

So I travel quite a bit for business. My current bike fantasy is the new 1190. A few weeks ago I was in Johannesburg, South Africa. I stopped by a KTM/Ducati dealer in hopes of seeing one up close and personal, and maybe talking my way into a test ride. Sadly, they did not have one.

Earlier this week I was in Brazil. It is crazy how many bikes they have in Brazil. But most are 100cc - 200cc. Maybe 1 out of a 1000 are 250-300cc. I only saw one or two 650cc bikes over several days. So I didn't bother trying to track down a dealer.

I'm currently in Santiago, Chile. The dealer here has several branch stores in different cities. I was quite excited last night when I saw that the 1190 shows up on ktm.cl. This morning I rented a 660 Tenere for the day, and was going to run by the KTM dealer to check out the 1190. The guy at the rental company told me his friend works at the KTM dealer. He offered to call and line up a private showing for me, and grease the wheels to hopefully get me a test drive. Again, I was disappointed. There is one 1190 in country, but two days ago they sent it off for govt. certification.

One of these days I hope I will get to see one. I really don't want to wait until Oct. before they arrive in the states.

Todd-Squad
Old 04-14-2013, 06:32 AM   #2875
DUCATIJAY
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
any updates on when its coming to the US?
DUCATIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #2876
mcmann
Motorcycle Maniac

Oddometer: 1,430
http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/fi...e/viewall.html

2011 DL650 V-Strom "Real World"
2014 FZ-09 for the "WOW World"
mcmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #2877
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
So I travel quite a bit for business. My current bike fantasy is the new 1190. A few weeks ago I was in Johannesburg, South Africa. I stopped by a KTM/Ducati dealer in hopes of seeing one up close and personal, and maybe talking my way into a test ride. Sadly, they did not have one.

Earlier this week I was in Brazil. It is crazy how many bikes they have in Brazil. But most are 100cc - 200cc. Maybe 1 out of a 1000 are 250-300cc. I only saw one or two 650cc bikes over several days. So I didn't bother trying to track down a dealer.

I'm currently in Santiago, Chile. The dealer here has several branch stores in different cities. I was quite excited last night when I saw that the 1190 shows up on ktm.cl. This morning I rented a 660 Tenere for the day, and was going to run by the KTM dealer to check out the 1190. The guy at the rental company told me his friend works at the KTM dealer. He offered to call and line up a private showing for me, and grease the wheels to hopefully get me a test drive. Again, I was disappointed. There is one 1190 in country, but two days ago they sent it off for govt. certification.

One of these days I hope I will get to see one. I really don't want to wait until Oct. before they arrive in the states.

Todd-Squad
If you want to pop around my place I've got an 1190R in the garage - buy me a coffee and you could take it for a spin as well

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #2878
Red Dust
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
Just found out that only 40 R models will come to Australia so it looks like if I ever believe that the 1190 is worth 2 1/2 times the money compared to a new DL650 I still have to wait until next year due to high demand....
Wonder why it is more expensive than other parts of the world particular now when our AUD$ is so high?
In US$ it would cost more than $25K on the road for the R model, I guess it will not be that price in the US?
Enough whining, I might just buy 2 brand new DL650`s and still have $4000+ left over.
Will take a test spin shortly though, maybe it is worth MUCH more than the simpler 650, time will tell.
Still would love to find out the seat comfort for passenger and rider plus realistic tank range.
Ride safe!
Red Dust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #2879
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dust View Post
Wonder why it is more expensive than other parts of the world particular now when our AUD$ is so high?
In US$ it would cost more than $25K on the road for the R model, I guess it will not be that price in the US?
Enough whining,
You should find a fellow rider that is working in commerce and start a dealer business. Prospects sound promissing...
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office 25 till 4th August
gefr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #2880
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Just found out that only 40 R models will come to Australia
"And one of those ones is mine!"
Hopefully this Sat, if not, next week for sure!
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote