Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 12:24 AM   #4006
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
Ahaahahahahaahahahaah man I love it but sometimes too much. Next week planning to take a trip for 15 days roughly 5k km to east europe; I only hope that the weather is cooler there
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:23 AM   #4007
Bianchi
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Second service?

Hello.

Has anyone here had the second service done yet?
My bike has 15'000km on the odo and is due for the second service soon.
Just wondering how much it will cost. First service was 2200kr (Swedish)
Also going to get Metzeler Karoos 3 fitted.
Good tire for the 1190R?
Bianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #4008
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianchi View Post
Hello.

Has anyone here had the second service done yet?
My bike has 15'000km on the odo and is due for the second service soon.
Just wondering how much it will cost. First service was 2200kr (Swedish)
Also going to get Metzeler Karoos 3 fitted.
Good tire for the 1190R?
Slow down man
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #4009
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Elephant View Post
Someone needs to start a "what to make sure of on your new 1190" thread and keep updating the list in the opening post as experience brings more dealer errors/forgetfulness to the fore.

That way new buyers can go with a checklist and avoid all the crap.

Hopefully.
good idea - there is a thread on the German forum that already has quite a list of issues experienced by some

http://translate.google.co.za/transl...oblemsammlung/
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:52 AM   #4010
Tancakar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
I just read a comment about the vibration, yes there is a little vibration on the handle bars on motorway speeds but not too much. The bigger problem is the heat and also the fuel vapour and smell :)

I personally think to sell my bike because of the heat but then again I don't think I can find a bike like this sort of do it all.

Ktm create a fantastic bike it's not faultless but it's sure fantastic. I hope ktm would have think about this before.

By the way the bike I test rode before I bought my ktm 1190 was vibrating very bad under my feet. Funny enough didn't felt any heat from that bike .

Well we have got a nice forum here so we can discuss our problems and find answers.
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #4011
Bonsai Elephant
Barrus Vegrandis

Oddometer: 18,753
Wait for someone to produce something like the Akro Ti end can the 990 had.

They sorted a lot of heat issues out on that.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #4012
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
good idea - there is a thread on the German forum that already has quite a list of issues experienced by some

http://translate.google.co.za/transl...oblemsammlung/
Hey Bundu,
I think I read "in your forum" about the airfilter not sealing properly and letting dirt go into the airbox clean side? And the KTM dealers replacing it a no cost with a DNA unit, the only aftermarket filter available so far.

Also, the poor design of front intakes letting water hit the paper filter, thus destroying it

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #4013
barbadv
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goti View Post
Hey Bundu,
I think I read "in your forum" about the airfilter not sealing properly and letting dirt go into the airbox clean side? And the KTM dealers replacing it a no cost with a DNA unit, the only aftermarket filter available so far.

Also, the poor design of front intakes letting water hit the paper filter, thus destroying it

i read same thing about air filter in this thread but i don't remember at what page number.
i think it's in Australia...
No information about this in France
barbadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #4014
Audun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Hey Bundu,

Oh great, now we talk real issues here, not only the many annoyances. The burning ass, waterfilled blinkers, flashing rearlight, loss of coolant, stupid sidestand, collapsing seat foam, buffeting screeen I tolerate. But if they fucked up on vital functionality design with the amount of engineering resources claimed used, I'm slightly dissapointed...
I wonder how many days are needed on next service if they are to fix all these things. I guess it will be the usual, no complaint, no fix. I will make sure to bring the list we make here .

Audun
Audun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #4015
barbadv
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
The bigger problem is the heat and also the fuel vapour and smell :)

YES IT IS !
This afternoon, i've a look, again, with fuel lines and particularly tank vent lines.
I saw that there are two tank vents with two short hoses who arrive in one long hose (with an Y) which is going on the ground.
I'm going to try to remove the Y and put two long hoses, one for right tank vent and one for left tank vent which are going on the ground both.
I think (i hope) that tank vents will be more performing like that and, in my dream, fuel smell disapear.

I hope i am understood with my spectacular english
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #4016
Jaimoto
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post
Oh great, now we talk real issues here, not only the many annoyances.
Sorry to carry the bad news, I REALLY want to like this bike and I plan getting one as soon as my financial situation gets better

Found the thread
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/inde...topic=128906.0
Maybe this issue was present in the very early bikes, seems KTM dealers already know about this so they should be fixing it. It's a really easy fix, also very easy to check your airbox for peace of mind.

2007 KTM 990 Adventure
2012 Yamaha BWs 125
Jaimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #4017
barbadv
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post
I guess it will be the usual, no complaint, no fix.
Audun

I'm affraid you're right
If all KTM dealers receive "the mother house order" to make the changes, they will do it, but in real life...
First service for my 1190R and only two changes ordered by KTM Austria "on the computer" for my bike serial number : longer keys and heat seat protection, nothing else at the moment.
No side stand, no air filter, no flashing stop light (dealer said me "flashing what ? what it is ?" ), etc.

BUT, i'm in love with this bike
Old 08-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #4018
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadv View Post
YES IT IS !
This afternoon, i've a look, again, with fuel lines and particularly tank vent lines.
I saw that there are two tank vents with two short hoses who arrive in one long hose (with an Y) which is going on the ground.
I'm going to try to remove the Y and put two long hoses, one for right tank vent and one for left tank vent which are going on the ground both.
I think (i hope) that tank vents will be more performing like that and, in my dream, fuel smell disapear.

I hope i am understood with my spectacular english
Better than my French!

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #4019
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Sorry to carry the bad news, I REALLY want to like this bike and I plan getting one as soon as my financial situation gets better

Found the thread
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/inde...topic=128906.0
Maybe this issue was present in the very early bikes, seems KTM dealers already know about this so they should be fixing it. It's a really easy fix, also very easy to check your airbox for peace of mind.
the tank has to come off to check the airbox.... bit of a PITA

apparently KTM are still working on a permanent fix, possibly an extra filter in the air vent.

From the German forum I'm gathering that the whole side stand is being redesigned and will be replaced after many complaints about repeated broken springs and unsteady parking of bike with panniers
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #4020
umitc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 314
So do you think that they will recall, or simply sell modified sldestand and air boxes on 2014 model bikes?
umitc is offline   Reply With Quote