Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #4246
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Just curious. What are people paying for the first service?

I got a quote from peter stevens in the CBD, $565.. I told them not even BMW would rip me off that much..

again bolton motorcycles to the rescue with $350..

So is that about average?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
The 1000km.. It isn't free here.. some might of got it thrown in as a deal,
I didn't have any bargaining power as there was a list of other people who wanted the bike if I didn't.

Peter Stevens also said there is a 7500km service as well.. which is bullshit.. but they said it was $630 and major service at 15000 is $1200..
Difficult to comment on service prices without knowing what the going rate per hour is for labour wherever you are.

But KTM give some useful indicators for the time taken to do servicing here http://www.ktm.com/uploads/tx_downlo...en_2013_EN.pdf

First service is less than 1.25 hours - plus oil/filter. So in the UK you should be looking well under £150 max.

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #4247
numbutt
john

Oddometer: 96
Pre air filter

just for those inmates in Oz KTM supplied me with a pre air filter free of charge....for those who haven't seen it, it consists of outer plastic base with a lightly oiled foam mid section that fits in above the existing air cleaner.....made in Australia by FWF and even comes with a stick on transfer you can stick on your neighbors car one night ...if you aint got it chase your dealer...
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #4248
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,181
Supplied by your dealer or by KTM?
PPiA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #4249
Flying Turtle
Flying Turtle

Oddometer: 113
In México, the KTM 1190 Adventure is $ 19,000.= U.S. bucks,
ready to take off the dealer. I'll get mine this weekend.
Old 09-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #4250
nikoktm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
New Glovescout panniers  photo IMG_0919_zps2171b0aa.jpg photo IMG_0920_zps0e68e407.jpg photo IMG_0922_zps0338b23e.jpg photo IMG_0925_zps6d250f13.jpg photo IMG_0928_zps1bd75541.jpg
nikoktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #4251
shay
reading is hard

Oddometer: 250
first US review of 190r

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/09/14...review-photos/

shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #4252
Mk5mike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
^^^ good read and nice to know that has Americans and being heavier then most we get different suspension haha
Mk5mike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #4253
Barekat
Looking to get dirty

Oddometer: 120
... and a review from the great white north.
http://canadamotoguide.com/2013/09/1...0-adventure-r/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk5mike View Post
^^^ good read and nice to know that has Americans and being heavier then most we get different suspension haha
2005 750 Kat Custom bar risers w/SV1000 bars, A'ME Heated Grips, Givi PL533, Givi E36NJ, Chopped shovel, modded windscreen with chopped Lockhart Phillips Euro Speed Screen, CyberPoet's mirror extenders, FP 5 Degree Advancer, Ballistic 12 Cell EVO2 battery, Fumoto F-111
Barekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #4254
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble35 View Post
Difficult to comment on service prices without knowing what the going rate per hour is for labour wherever you are.

But KTM give some useful indicators for the time taken to do servicing here http://www.ktm.com/uploads/tx_downlo...en_2013_EN.pdf

First service is less than 1.25 hours - plus oil/filter. So in the UK you should be looking well under £150 max.
Nice one, thanks for that.. Although it will be hard to hold the dealer accountable if they take 2-3hours hehe

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #4255
BlueCattledog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by umitc View Post
On a stupidely expensive bike we shouldn't deal with these :-))))
Blue Silver and anyone else who's interested. I have had bad vibration problems with the bike from almost riding it home. The dealer and I have gone through a process of elimination to try to overcome same, I fitted the expensive "progressive handlebar damping system", which cured nothing but the dealers overdraft.
I reported probs with vibration from taking it home, hoping running in would solve same. Reported same at first service in which they checked all the mounting bolts for engine. Recomended the handelbar damping system which I bought like a mug.
Took it back to get kit I ordered and asked them to check the front wheel ballance, as suggested by you guys, front wheel way out, double the weights added, their mechanic reconed it was also through the pegs and probably engine.
Still having problems with vibration; talked to the Dealer today who in turn has contacted KTM, and this is not the first report of same. They want to have my bike at the Dealers for a week to check things out, I told them I't should go back to KTM to check things out.
How do you contact KTM UK, the mother ship.
BlueCattledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #4256
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCattledog View Post
Blue Silver and anyone else who's interested. I have had bad vibration problems with the bike from almost riding it home. The dealer and I have gone through a process of elimination to try to overcome same, I fitted the expensive "progressive handlebar damping system", which cured nothing but the dealers overdraft.
I reported probs with vibration from taking it home, hoping running in would solve same. Reported same at first service in which they checked all the mounting bolts for engine. Recomended the handelbar damping system which I bought like a mug.
Took it back to get kit I ordered and asked them to check the front wheel ballance, as suggested by you guys, front wheel way out, double the weights added, their mechanic reconed it was also through the pegs and probably engine.
Still having problems with vibration; talked to the Dealer today who in turn has contacted KTM, and this is not the first report of same. They want to have my bike at the Dealers for a week to check things out, I told them I't should go back to KTM to check things out.
tell them to start with basics like tb synch, and the other minor adjustments, that shouldn't take a week for,or they are morons and have no clue
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #4257
Martyred
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
I had the same on my @R! Extremly bad vibrations around 50 till 80 km/h! I first thought it was the rim! But und than read in our german forum, that replacing the front tire with a new one should solve the problem (conti trail attack 2)! They wrote that there are a few @ out there with a production error! And I could change the tire under warrenty/garanty! So i did! My dealer arranged everything and now it's perfect! No vibrations untill 240 km/h! Great!

von unterwegs
Martyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #4258
Two Tigers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Have you got the bash plate? I had mine put on at the first service and noticed more vibes afterwards. I did however put one tooth less front sprocket on at the same time so I had just put it down to this as the more likely culprit but interested to see if you do have the bash plate.

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCattledog View Post
Two Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #4259
Jabba
"HOLD THE LIGHT!!!"

Oddometer: 12,550
How would a bash plate cause vibration???

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

"The road to paradise is paradise" Jacques Yves Cousteau
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #4260
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
no vibrations of the bad sort here thankfully.. I reckon its tyres or wheels..

Perhaps instead of the dealer putting shitloads of weights on the wheel, they should retrue the spokes and eliminate the need for balancing.. I think that if you got someone who knows what there doing to respoke and retrue the rims, your vibes will go away..

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote