User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #4696
strider.deano
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 319
Kurt,
Looks like I'll be selling the XC for the 1190.
Keep your website updated! I'll be watching!

Tapatalk response filtered through the NSA.
strider.deano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #4697
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsmc831 View Post
It is?

Have you ridden both?

Ktm is set up great out of the box, 1200 mts needs a couple tweaks...but you can't just change the motor and front brakes of the ktm like you can change the seat and bars on the Multi.
No, had a look at the Multi last year but it was still priced around 20.000€ or so.
?Why would you want to change the brakes and engine?! both are awesome on the KTM. If you wanna take the Multi for serious off road traveling you'll need to change to spoked wheels! how much will that cost you?...and I'll bet you if you put two good riders on the circuit with both bikes you'll see very little difference in lap times.
I think the KTM is just a better all rounder...and looks much better!

Corsica101 screwed with this post 10-30-2013 at 03:02 PM
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #4698
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Why? Because neither the front brakes nor the engine of the ktm quite matched up to the Multi. Will completely disagree on lap times, Ducati will win every time.
KTM gets the nod offroad, but I personally don't need either of them to go off pavement anywhere the Ducati suspension will hamper it.

All just my opinions, from riding them both through the Alps, I'm sure everyone has their own, whether it's from actual experience or not.
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #4699
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Why? Because neither the front brakes nor the engine of the ktm quite matched up to the Multi. Will completely disagree on lap times, Ducati will win every time.
KTM gets the nod offroad, but I personally don't need either of them to go off pavement anywhere the Ducati suspension will hamper it.

All just my opinions, from riding them both through the Alps, I'm sure everyone has their own, whether it's from actual experience or not.
Sure thing, everybody his own opinion but...maybe you had your engine settings on rain?... Just kidding;) Taken mine to the track with my 21"wheels and it was a slower in the long curves but acceleration was on par with most superbikes. Such a blast!
Guess I'll have to challenge somebody with a multi on the track
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #4700
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
Quote:
Why? Because neither the front brakes nor the engine of the ktm quite matched up to the Multi. .
multi is nothin special, anemic bottom end with horrible fueling only fixed for 2013. Yea it takes off after 5k and it handles well but nothing that great
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #4701
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
multi is nothin special, anemic bottom end with horrible fueling only fixed for 2013. Yea it takes off after 5k and it handles well but nothing that great
Not my experience at all. The multi had more grunt and spun up faster, was always waiting a fraction of a second longer for the ktm to get to the power. Hard breaking into corners showed even a bigger difference, though the rear brake on the multi was nearly useless. Both 2013's.
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #4702
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
+1

It's like taking your ideal woman and then she dresses up in baggy sweat pants and crocs to go out for dinner. Esthetics are important if you own a bike like this. If you're on a V-Strom however..... ;)
a big +2.. lol

i have the adventure r model and i felt with that screen on a freeway at 100-120km/h it isnt that bad.. the standard screen would probably do if you really wanted and that is even silly looking being so tall..

this stupid thing takes the cake though, you may as well add a lambs wool seat cover while your at it.. :P

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #4703
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
No, had a look at the Multi last year but it was still priced around 20.000€ or so.
?Why would you want to change the brakes and engine?! both are awesome on the KTM. If you wanna take the Multi for serious off road traveling you'll need to change to spoked wheels! how much will that cost you?...and I'll bet you if you put two good riders on the circuit with both bikes you'll see very little difference in lap times.
I think the KTM is just a better all rounder...and looks much better!
a +1 from me too..

theres no chance i would even think about a multi engine in comparison...

I raced a multi on a traffic light take off to about 80ish *wink*
we were side by side up to around 70ish cos i couldnt keep the front wheel on the ground due to my bum being too far back when i initially took off, after that though i positioned up the front a bit more and i was pulling away...

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 10-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #4704
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Not my experience at all. The multi had more grunt and spun up faster, was always waiting a fraction of a second longer for the ktm to get to the power. Hard breaking into corners showed even a bigger difference, though the rear brake on the multi was nearly useless. Both 2013's.
oh thats an easy fix.. turn your MTC (traction control) off.. then you will see the KTM unless its fury on the multi S&M styles ;)

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 10-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #4705
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by MookieBlaylock View Post
Agree with the motor....but the brakes and the suspension are impressive for what the multi is...Sold mine as it didn't get my blood boiling....but don't kid yourself...in the twisties the big KTMs can't keep up on rubber and brakes alone...

Having said that...who cares....The Multi is a Porsche Cayenne and the KTM is a Roush Raptor....doesn't make sense to compare them....
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #4706
motomuppet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 442
Quote:
Did you play with the MTC settings on the KTM? I rode a 2011 or 12 (I forget) multi a while back and it was a lot of fun, but compared to the 13 Adventure I found it a bit ....lacking I guess? I found the seating postion really wierd on the multi, handling was good, engine was great up top, but not so good down low and the throttle was really sensitive and grabby. It felt geared too tall to me. The Adventure felt much better down low, awesome through the mid and maybe not quite as strong on top, but it would have to be pretty close. I rode the standard, and would say handling was probably on par though I felt more comfortable on the KTM right away. Both rear brakes worked fine to stop me going over the back when I got excited, KTM front brake felt great...dont remember the front brake on the multi so assume it was fine. Definately go the KTM over the multi anyday, but each to his own and all that. The Multi is a great bike..I just prefer the KTM.
motomuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:56 AM   #4707
Megs
Trying to stay upright

Oddometer: 193
I've joined the orange nut house, all be it in black and grey!!

Out for the first spin on a little dirt South East of Perth.
Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:19 AM   #4708
Jake Mountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
When I rode the 1190 it was in sport mode with traction control off. It lifted the front wheel in 1st thru 4th gear with ease with my 6'6" 330 pound ass up against the tank. I guess that's enough low to mid range grunt for me. I never felt like I needed to rev it near the top of the rpm range to get the power I needed. I was on a solo demo ride so I could ride it like I stole it and did. It left me pretty impressed. Everyone has there own opinion and I have never ridden a multi, I'm sure it's a great bike as well but for my needs ill take the KTM.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:46 AM   #4709
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
My local dealer now has a demo standard model in.

I'll be there for a test ride as soon as I can!

Assuming I ever find a few minutes when I am not at work or looking after millions of children.

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:48 AM   #4710
WildAnCrazymtl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
in Canada it will be

16,999$ Canadian

17.499$ for the R

Where were you quoted these prices please?

No one has called me back yet!