speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzgnilek View Post
Is the wing exhaust a good option?
Any remapping to do ?
Thanks
fantastic option. with the baffles in theres no need for remapping, I did take out my baffle and got the dealer to put the akro mapping on which makes it better in the mid range.. I still think the mid range is better with the baffle in though but it sounds better

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #5642
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS-RagE View Post
Mine is not very tall either. Her bike is a factory-lowered 658GS. She loves it. Dropped it quite a bit at first but it is a tough little bike.
658GS is the f650 800cc right? if so, I can vouch for being tough.. hit a tree at an impact speed of 45kmh and with a bit of sticky tape, i rode it 450km's home.

But they deemed it to have too much damage in costs of fairings and forks and wrote it off..

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 12-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #5643
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMan73 View Post
Great!
Please note that you don't need to sign up in order to consume/read content, just to contribute/modify content.
EDIT: I changed the wiki so now it is Protected, no need to sign up to view content, sign up needed just to modify content. Sorry for the confusion, the default was Private.

Also the sign up is done in these steps:
1. You need to sign up to wikispaces.com (for free)
2. You need to ask to join the KTM 1190 wiki (or alternatively PM me your email/user name on wikispaces and I can manually add you as a member)

I just found out that there are only 5 members allowed, for the free/basic Wiki.
Maybe later we can upgrade to the plus program, but that is $5 a month ($60 a year) and I don't to spend it of course..certainly not now.
Nice one mate.. I don't want to rain on your parade but if you use wikipedia then you can have more than 5 people contributing to it without paying for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_1190_Adventure

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #5644
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Oddometer: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
The 1190 is "new" and feels like it, More athletic and the power... Those were the big differences. Very smooth and precise light steering and peg input needed.

For an older design with much less power the Vee compares well I thought, partly why I wanted to ride the 1190 to judge the "Vee." Mine is dialed in including the SV back torque limiting clutch, PC3 with a custom map, pipes.. Some suspension work (will finish it eventually).. Laminar lip and Madstadd bracket.

Handling was similar and for actual touring and eating up miles the Strom would be a good choice still as an older design.

Virtually identical, I raised my Vee and is just a little taller than the stock KTM. I like my riding position on the Strom and the 1190 is very similar. The images you posted show how close they are and with seats, bars and suspension mods can be dialed in to ones liking...

When I first got on the 1190 and moving it felt like I was falling forward, and the seat is more firm than the stock Vee.
Thanks, great feedback!
This confirms that the KTM 1190 ADV is a natural (for me at least) evolution from the V-Strom family.
Suzuki V-Strom (Stromtrooper) Wiki
BigMan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #5645
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
Nice one mate.. I don't want to rain on your parade but if you use wikipedia then you can have more than 5 people contributing to it without paying for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_1190_Adventure
Thanks.
No problem, you feedback is welcome; My experience with Wikipedia is bad - I tried changing some pages and none of them went in (EDIT: In fact, I first tried changing the V-Strom Wikipedia..). Very frustrating. I don't want to generalize all Wiki moderators, but from what I hear and read the Wikipedia has noble goals and values, however the implementation is very far from it. Tons of politics and a culture of dictatorship.

So far nobody has joined me, so I don't see the 5 contributing members as a real issue. Consumers have no limit.
Same happened with the V-Strom wiki. 2 joined, one contributed a little and then disappeared, the other one never gave any content..
Most people are content consumers they don't like or don't know how to contribute.
I know that the V-Strom wiki is used since I can see the graphs from the administrator dashboard.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #5646
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Thanks.
No problem, you feedback is welcome; My experience with Wikipedia is bad - I tried changing some pages and none of them went in (EDIT: In fact, I first tried changing the V-Strom Wikipedia..). Very frustrating. I don't want to generalize all Wiki moderators, but from what I hear and read the Wikipedia has noble goals and values, however the implementation is very far from it. Tons of politics and a culture of dictatorship.

So far nobody has joined me, so I don't see the 5 contributing members as a real issue. Consumers have no limit.
Same happened with the V-Strom wiki. 2 joined, one contributed a little and then disappeared, the other one never gave any content..
Most people are content consumers they don't like or don't know how to contribute.
I know that the V-Strom wiki is used since I can see the graphs from the administrator dashboard.
I want to thank you for taking on this task.
PatSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #5647
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks.

More than happy to help if you like.. I will have a look later and add some content.

I just chucked together a page on wikipedia as well for the adventure R
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_1190_Adventure_R

and put your site as a reference in there ;)

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 12-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #5648
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
More than happy to help if you like.. I will have a look later and add some content.

I just chucked together a page on wikipedia as well for the adventure R
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KTM_1190_Adventure_R

and put your site as a reference in there ;)
Thanks. I did the reverse - took that content and put it the Wikispaces site :) with a reference of course.
I doubt that this Wiki page would go in by the moderators, but let's see.
(e.g. the references are not following the standard template)
Old 12-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #5649
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks. I did the reverse - took that content and put it the Wikispaces site :) with a reference of course.
I doubt that this Wiki page would go in by the moderators, but let's see.
(e.g. the references are not following the standard template)
Your right about the moderators.. the ktm 1190 adventure page had the R in the photo, so i replaced it with a adventure photo off the ktm website as well as the revisions of 148hp and the right type of frame and seat height etc.. all got wiped.. So I removed the official pic from the R wiki page so they wont kill it hopefully.

anyone want their adventure standard photo as the pic for wikipedia?

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
Old 12-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #5650
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Handlebar width

Does anyone know if the handlebars on the R and the Standard are the same width?
Old 12-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #5651
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,318
Quote:
Thanks, great feedback!
This confirms that the KTM 1190 ADV is a natural (for me at least) evolution from the V-Strom family.
That's a great way to look at it, As soon as I saw the 1190 and read the specs I knew what it was and how it feel...riding it confirmed it.

Those who like the big Vee will love the 1190. They are both great bikes..
Old 12-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #5652
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatSmith View Post
Does anyone know if the handlebars on the R and the Standard are the same width?
Google is a wonderful thing - 2nd hit
https://www.google.co.nz/#q=1190+handlebar+width&spell=1
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:09 PM   #5653
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 498
Gday Guys

My local dealer called me this afernoon and said possably he may be able to deliver the 2014 EDS model hopefully this week , he said will work hard to do this. If not this week it will be next week. That means 2014 models are already in Australia and will be shiped to all dealers.
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #5654
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
Google is a wonderful thing - 2nd hit
https://www.google.co.nz/#q=1190+handlebar+width&spell=1
Thank you
Old 12-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #5655
Deacon66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
Honestly, buying a motorcycle according to the resell value...?

Really, you are in the wrong hobby section
True dat!
2011 Ninja 1000
2013 HD Softail Slim
Deacon66 is offline   Reply With Quote