ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #6166
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...
 
Nowwhat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: On the Ground Laughing
Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgardel View Post
Haaaa


I prefer yours in black.......
nah that silver is saweett...
__________________
'14 1190R...Adventure Beast
'13 690 Quest...Rally Beast
950SE......Desert Beast
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #6167
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OrangeV's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: LittleBigSmoke
Oddometer: 243
Thumb Hot day

A very hot day so i was looking for some shade and found it..
next week will be scorching conditions with wednsday expected to be 39 degrees..

__________________
75 V perky peak power from around 5000rpm and loves to be worked through the gears.
When you hit that sweet spot, it is simply electrifying.
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #6168
Wonway
KTM Fanboi #2
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Oddometer: 346
Celsius I suppose

I wish we had a very hot day here
__________________
1994 Ducati 888 LTD #61
2008 Husqvarna TE610
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
Wonway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:51 AM   #6169
Mowster
Stressed Member
 
Mowster's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brisville
Oddometer: 378
My standard 1190 has 15.5k kms on it now; just got back from a 1800km weekend...with about 200k dirt.....

Brilliant bike - no issue at all!

One thing required; a small air compressor (powered by cig lighter outlet)

Would be helpful to adjust pressures in the Conti traill attacks nice n fast


many other observations, after just getting back, but...

if anyone had any doubts about the 1190, begone with them!

Far and away the best bike i've ever owned

__________________
KTM 1190 - slaying multistrada's everywhere since 2013
Mowster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:37 AM   #6170
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer
 
OrangeV's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: LittleBigSmoke
Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowster View Post
My standard 1190 has 15.5k kms on it now; just got back from a 1800km weekend...with about 200k dirt.....

Brilliant bike - no issue at all!

One thing required; a small air compressor (powered by cig lighter outlet)

Would be helpful to adjust pressures in the Conti traill attacks nice n fast


many other observations, after just getting back, but...

if anyone had any doubts about the 1190, begone with them!

Far and away the best bike i've ever owned


Great to hear mate

Im just over 1000 K's and looking to ride some more..

This is the gadget you need ..

http://www.andystrapz.com/products-d...yId=96&Level=1

__________________
75 V perky peak power from around 5000rpm and loves to be worked through the gears.
When you hit that sweet spot, it is simply electrifying.
OrangeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:41 AM   #6171
PPiA
Pete
 
PPiA's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2001
Location: Bungendore, Australia
Oddometer: 1,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
Risers....


How do they compare in price to the KTM version?
http://www.ktm-parts.com/SXS07125200.html
PPiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #6172
numbutt
john
 
numbutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Port Macquarie , NSW , AUSTRALIA
Oddometer: 82
Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
I might need to change my handle bars as well because the OEM bars are joke . The bars are so narrow I can bed on it I had wide bars on my 2010 Kawasaki gtr 1400. It's like a fucking sports bike . Who ever design this Ktm got no idea or never ride bikes before.
you should have got the R model I find bars perfect... if u want wide get an off road Hardly MC.
numbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:59 AM   #6173
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.
 
ebrew's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Denver colo
Oddometer: 1,021
Or....

He could just change the bars. I thought the r bars did not have the rise I like and too much sweep so off they came.
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #6174
Tjeu
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Ghent
Oddometer: 128
Hello;

i'm dutch speaking (from Belgium), so my English isn't exactly brilliant, but i'll give it a shot!

I'm serious thinking of buying a 1190 adventure. Currently i have some old bikes (most of them are very crappy and therefore oh so lovely) and an Honda ST1100. The ST1100 is on a sporty Hyperpro suspension which makes the rider harder then on a ducati 748. I kid you not! But since the seat is very soft, it's still a very comfy bike.

My big worry is the Adventure would not be comfortebly enough for my girlfriend-duo.
She's not a big girl (1m68, 55kilo's), but she really likes the comfort of the Pan European, even with the rock solid suspension.
I assume the duo seat of the adventure is less comfy then the duo seat of the Pan?
But with the softer suspention, i'll hope it will be as comfy as the pan overal.

Do i have high hopes are is it realistic?

Has anyone any experience with the powerparts ergo (duo) seat?

I do thank you!
Tjeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #6175
Mowster
Stressed Member
 
Mowster's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brisville
Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeu View Post

I'm serious thinking of buying a 1190 adventure.
The standard version is pretty good at carrying pillions.

The drivers seat has a lower position - use that when you have a pillion onboard, so they can see over your helmet better.

The electronic suspension makes it so easy to deal with luggage/pillions.

The powerparts seat is reported as more comfortable, but you could just put a sheepskin, or 'airhawk' seat cushion on....i'm sure your pillion will love it!
__________________
KTM 1190 - slaying multistrada's everywhere since 2013
Mowster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #6176
Ossie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Oddometer: 27
New Ride



Just wanted to share a photo of my new ride. Just had to make a couple of changes, the wind screen and LED Lights. Really enjoying this new ride.
Ossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #6177
harryzgnilek
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Montreal,Canada
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossie View Post


just wanted to share a photo of my new ride. Just had to make a couple of changes, the wind screen and led lights. Really enjoying this new ride.
very nice !!
harryzgnilek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #6178
llamapacker
Mr. Conservative
 
llamapacker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Doyline, Louisiana
Oddometer: 1,048
Nice bike!!

Got a new farkle! About 10 lbs including all hardware, this baby is heavy duty.

__________________
14 KTM Adventure
13 HyperStrada
llamapacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #6179
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dearnla's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Middle England
Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeV View Post
Great to hear mate

Im just over 1000 K's and looking to ride some more..

This is the gadget you need ..

http://www.andystrapz.com/products-d...yId=96&Level=1

I got a cheap compressor and cut away a lot of the excess plastic to reduce size and weight, keeping the bit that goes over the cylinder (it gets pretty hot!). Uses a cig lighter connector which, on the 1190, is always on.
__________________
KTM1190 ADV
Honda VFR1200FD
Honda CB900F2
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:04 AM   #6180
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dearnla's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Middle England
Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjeu View Post
Hello;

i'm dutch speaking (from Belgium), so my English isn't exactly brilliant, but i'll give it a shot!

I'm serious thinking of buying a 1190 adventure. Currently i have some old bikes (most of them are very crappy and therefore oh so lovely) and an Honda ST1100. The ST1100 is on a sporty Hyperpro suspension which makes the rider harder then on a ducati 748. I kid you not! But since the seat is very soft, it's still a very comfy bike.

My big worry is the Adventure would not be comfortebly enough for my girlfriend-duo.
She's not a big girl (1m68, 55kilo's), but she really likes the comfort of the Pan European, even with the rock solid suspension.
I assume the duo seat of the adventure is less comfy then the duo seat of the Pan?
But with the softer suspention, i'll hope it will be as comfy as the pan overal.

Do i have high hopes are is it realistic?

Has anyone any experience with the powerparts ergo (duo) seat?

I do thank you!
I used to have Pan Euro/ST1100 a while ago. I have to admit. Of being able to remember how comfortable the seat was, but that means it was probably fine! 200 miles (320km) was my limit before needing a break.

What I would say is that the 1190 will be less protective, more in touch with the elements, but WAY more fun to ride than the Pan. If you go for the touring pannier/topbox set you have more luggage space, better handling, similar fuel consumption ( and range) and if you don't find the seats as comfortable, you can alway get the Ergo Seats after you have used the originals.
__________________
KTM1190 ADV
Honda VFR1200FD
Honda CB900F2
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014