Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 AM   #691
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Do you think that the new bike will be able to jump the log like my KLR650 did?

A sweet jump indeed.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:14 AM   #692
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
Do you think that the new bike will be able to jump the log like my KLR650 did?

The real question is can you do this to one

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #693
NorseNiall
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Well.....should I get the new 1190 adv...? If I do I'll be accused of looking like a beemer owner (that's a bad thing apparently) regardless of the ability of the bike...could be a great dual-sporter but many have decided no, it's not...from expert photographic scrutiny.

Now, let me get this right....the 950 was great...990 was bad....oh...hang on...990 now great, 1190 bad...okaaaaay....

I will be a sell-out because people who buy these big bikes have no intention of going off the tarmac...it's all show and no substance....this 1200gs crowd, these starbucks drinkers, they just want the appearance of 'round the world travellers...apparently....

...and yet many on this forum (whilst accusing others of being shallow and just riding a bike 'cos it looks good) say this bike isn't "adventure-looking" enough....it's just outrageous that ktm would make a bike that doesn't look like it could flatten the opposition off-road...I need to look like I'm better....come on ktm!

And how dare they not put on all the extras I want...which I would replace with aftermarket ones anyway...

And how could ktm have the temerity to try to resolve all the issues we moan about...we wanted smoother power delivery and a longer fuel range, easier maintenance etc...

We hate progress...we want ktm to fail...boo...hiss...for future reference ktm here's a few tips:

To placate hardcore, anti-progress, anti-evolution...anti-anything ktm riders - don't even try to make a more powerful, more sophisticated, fun motorcycle that doesn't look the way they want others to perceive them...when they're riding in the middle of nowhere laughing at all those starbucks drinkers having just as much fun on their bikes....they'll just hate it....even if you're doing it to get a bigger slice of the pie to develop more motorcycles which they will hate anyway...'cos they're new....and they don't have the sump guard they want....don't feed the children....

oh...and when someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humour...far from it, I've been laughing like a drain!
NorseNiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #694
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,158
Sooo my bike would, eventually, be an adventure frame with starbuck engine??
Old 09-22-2012, 11:19 AM   #695
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseNiall View Post
Well.....should I get the new 1190 adv...? If I do I'll be accused of looking like a beemer owner (that's a bad thing apparently) regardless of the ability of the bike...could be a great dual-sporter but many have decided no, it's not...from expert photographic scrutiny.

Now, let me get this right....the 950 was great...990 was bad....oh...hang on...990 now great, 1190 bad...okaaaaay....

I will be a sell-out because people who buy these big bikes have no intention of going off the tarmac...it's all show and no substance....this 1200gs crowd, these starbucks drinkers, they just want the appearance of 'round the world travellers...apparently....

...and yet many on this forum (whilst accusing others of being shallow and just riding a bike 'cos it looks good) say this bike isn't "adventure-looking" enough....it's just outrageous that ktm would make a bike that doesn't look like it could flatten the opposition off-road...I need to look like I'm better....come on ktm!

And how dare they not put on all the extras I want...which I would replace with aftermarket ones anyway...

And how could ktm have the temerity to try to resolve all the issues we moan about...we wanted smoother power delivery and a longer fuel range, easier maintenance etc...

We hate progress...we want ktm to fail...boo...hiss...for future reference ktm here's a few tips:

To placate hardcore, anti-progress, anti-evolution...anti-anything ktm riders - don't even try to make a more powerful, more sophisticated, fun motorcycle that doesn't look the way they want others to perceive them...when they're riding in the middle of nowhere laughing at all those starbucks drinkers having just as much fun on their bikes....they'll just hate it....even if you're doing it to get a bigger slice of the pie to develop more motorcycles which they will hate anyway...'cos they're new....and they don't have the sump guard they want....don't feed the children....

oh...and when someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't mean they don't have a sense of humour...far from it, I've been laughing like a drain!
God bless Bongo's fake n00bs!

Bringing psychopathic obsession to new heights since 2007!

Bonsai Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #696
NorseNiall
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai Elephant View Post
God bless Bongo's fake n00bs!

Bringing psychopathic obsession to new heights since 2007!

What....all of them were fake?!.....darling, get the axe would you.....
NorseNiall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #697
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,449
Dude, lay off the 'bucks. We're just funnin'.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #698
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
I need some coffee.
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #699
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,216
La caja de Pandora està bien abierta.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #700
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
The real question is can you do this to one

Those days are over............

Wait- I bought a 450 to thrash, so anything is possible now.

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #701
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
A sweet jump indeed.
My point exactly!

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #702
SwedishViking
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
One of the posts as of late that is making sense

I was starting to believe that a big bunch of the KTM crowd has superpower abilities to tell how the new adventure will ride.... But hey, maybe they are just perfect humans reluctant to change (and the human brain seems to be predisposed to negativity and pessimism according to a lot of research).

Thanks for the refreshing posts from those people who look at the new adventure with an open mind. In any event, I believe that KTM has enough engineering and business smarts to know how to build fantastic bikes, and I also think they know their market segments and identity well enough. Besides, who says that there will be no additional models added to the lineup between the 690 and the 1190 for the offroad enthusiasts?? (Not all of the models of 2013 have been released yet...).

Cheers, J. (I am a GS rider so I guess you can dismiss my post easily since I am apparently not getting it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorseNiall View Post

SwedishViking screwed with this post 09-22-2012 at 01:01 PM
SwedishViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #703
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

ok one more.

Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #704
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,805
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #705
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
First 1190 I see doing that, I'll eat my words.