Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #1396
crofrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,455
What we really need to see is KTM to get with an OEM tire manufacturer and make us a knobby that is actually worth a damn on a 100(150)hp dirt bike...
crofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #1397
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,967
my opinion.

When i first seen the 950/990 it was intimdating, and it's looks struck me like the first ride on it did. Everything fitted. a big bike for a big bloke.
But this bike like the smt is just a mixed bag of confusion. My first thought was , " yuck", they've gayed it up big time to sell more bikes, you sold out you weak shits !
The closer you get to making your bike like the best seller GAY SERVANT the further you get away from what you are!
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #1398
gouralnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Oooooooohhhhh I drove through a puddle. Did you get this on GoPro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlrides View Post
This

Please move this to "GSpot" or "Beasts", the metrosexuality is sickening !

The above quote made my week. It is the best piece of material I have read in a very long time on this forum.

Dear Orange Crushers,

Problem
I'm truly sad. The end of production of 990/950/950 SE hit me very had. It was a terminator-like punch with steel- reinforced spiky boots right through the head of my penis and right through my balls. Truly. Honestly. I'm sad as most of you are and I want to lie in pain and bleed to death. One can talk and debate, but just looking at the pictures of the 950SE, 950/990 and comparing those to the new 1190 tells the whole story. There is nothing much to debate really. No matter how many Rs you add at the end of 1190.

Let me tell you a short but honest story. Once upon a time I actually used to work for KTM in Mattighofen. It was year 2008-2009 - pre- and post-GFC. Post GFC the plans were put on halt for the release of the new 1190 "Adventure" for a few years. As far as I could gather from all the meetings and opinions in 2009 the plan was to introduce the 1190 a few years later, but keep the 990 Adventure R ... for those actually venturing offroad. As you all know YOU are the vast minority. 95% of people never ride offroad (by "offroad" I mean a good forest road which in Russia would be considered by many to be a 250km/h+ highway). Out of the 5% that do, 4.9% ride "offroad" to connect one section of bitumen with another. The 0.1% that rides properly offroad (no pics, no GoPros, no metrosexuality etc.) can be neglected from the marketing point of view. YOU don't matter. What matters is money and money only. It makes me sad and it makes me sick. It makes me very sick. I HATE how everything has turned into a marketing machine. The head of marketing at KTM was and probably still is a 30+ woman who couldn't even ride a bike. There were a few proper riders out there ... but I guess by now they are all gone. KTM will never ever build another 950SE or anything that is just RAW. Never. Metrosexuality takes over. Day in , day out. Hey you got that on GoPro? Hey did you make a picture of that and this and that and blah blah blah.

Solution
The only solution that I see for this is to take the matter into our own hands. Combining the knowledge of say 25 people on this forum, a proper new 950 SE can be built and sold via this forum - I see no problems why it shouldn't work. All parts can be purchased individually on the global marketplace and a proper MEGA MACHINE can be built combining the best components available on the market. All it takes is enough courage and attitude to pull off such a project. There is more talent in those 25 people here, than there is probably in an entire manufacturing plant. Remember that marketing tells you, "You cannot do this. This is too complicated. You won't be able to do it".

So why don't we just take one year off, sit in a shed together and built the dream machine? I'm ready. I have no technical skills, but I believe in some people on this forum.

Goodnight.
gouralnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #1399
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
The solution to me is, buy a couple of 990Rs each, so we have many years of fun left.
There will never be another motorcycle like it. The market is saying the majority want soft, boring motorcycles such as BMWs.
What about the firebreathing, characteristic niche of the market?

Perhaps we are too early to judge the 1190, but going by how its marketed, i am worried.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #1400
Pitster
miniac

Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouralnik View Post

The above quote made my week. It is the best piece of material I have read in a very long time on this forum.

Dear Orange Crushers,

Problem
I'm truly sad. The end of production of 990/950/950 SE hit me very had. It was a terminator-like punch with steel- reinforced spiky boots right through the head of my penis and right through my balls. Truly. Honestly. I'm sad as most of you are and I want to lie in pain and bleed to death. One can talk and debate, but just looking at the pictures of the 950SE, 950/990 and comparing those to the new 1190 tells the whole story. There is nothing much to debate really. No matter how many Rs you add at the end of 1190.

Let me tell you a short but honest story. Once upon a time I actually used to work for KTM in Mattighofen. It was year 2008-2009 - pre- and post-GFC. Post GFC the plans were put on halt for the release of the new 1190 "Adventure" for a few years. As far as I could gather from all the meetings and opinions in 2009 the plan was to introduce the 1190 a few years later, but keep the 990 Adventure R ... for those actually venturing offroad. As you all know YOU are the vast minority. 95% of people never ride offroad (by "offroad" I mean a good forest road which in Russia would be considered by many to be a 250km/h+ highway). Out of the 5% that do, 4.9% ride "offroad" to connect one section of bitumen with another. The 0.1% that rides properly offroad (no pics, no GoPros, no metrosexuality etc.) can be neglected from the marketing point of view. YOU don't matter. What matters is money and money only. It makes me sad and it makes me sick. It makes me very sick. I HATE how everything has turned into a marketing machine. The head of marketing at KTM was and probably still is a 30+ woman who couldn't even ride a bike. There were a few proper riders out there ... but I guess by now they are all gone. KTM will never ever build another 950SE or anything that is just RAW. Never. Metrosexuality takes over. Day in , day out. Hey you got that on GoPro? Hey did you make a picture of that and this and that and blah blah blah.

Solution
The only solution that I see for this is to take the matter into our own hands. Combining the knowledge of say 25 people on this forum, a proper new 950 SE can be built and sold via this forum - I see no problems why it shouldn't work. All parts can be purchased individually on the global marketplace and a proper MEGA MACHINE can be built combining the best components available on the market. All it takes is enough courage and attitude to pull off such a project. There is more talent in those 25 people here, than there is probably in an entire manufacturing plant. Remember that marketing tells you, "You cannot do this. This is too complicated. You won't be able to do it".

So why don't we just take one year off, sit in a shed together and built the dream machine? I'm ready. I have no technical skills, but I believe in some people on this forum.

Goodnight.

Lets get some built, I am in!

www.nomadrider.com Adventure luggage and gear
Pitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #1401
bigboyxl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:

Dear Orange Crushers,

Problem

Solution

Goodnight.
Amen!
Nomada panniers, Holan crashbars, Remus silencers etc. Worldwide shipping. Better deals for ADVriders
bigboyxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:51 AM   #1402
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:

Dear Orange Crushers,

Problem

Solution

Goodnight.
Are one of these guys forum members? Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, Larry Elison, the Koch brothers. Then your idea might have a chance. All it takes it money.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #1403
Tee2
I SAID! Woo Hoo!

Oddometer: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
This has me a bit concerned. As much as the 1190 looks like it will be awesome for what I have in mind for it, I am definitely not on board with doing 9 hour / $1000 services. It's what I like about the GSA the most actually, is how I can do my own service for the most part and most of the time the services required are not a ball buster.

What makes you think you HAVE to take the bike to the dealer for service?

I am sure more people that buy KTM's do their own work on the bike. Compare that to BMW riders. Maybe it's because the BMW dealership has a nice lounge with Starbucks coffee.

Tee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #1404
GHANTCR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
It takes "cojones" and knowledge, money too!, putting it all together and voila! I`ll buy a Beast made out of those here without a doubt.

Everyone in the OC have always helped me with my issues on my 950 so all I can say is go for that 5%. Thinking about replacing my 950 is for now gone.

We all want that dream bike, and here is where it all starts.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 AM   #1405
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,055
You mean like this, but w/ a better engine:

http://www.rallytwin.com/
Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #1406
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,681
Real Men

...actually lower their suspension so they can smash some rocks, all right.
So please, spare me with the metrosexual high suspension stuff.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #1407
种.
Ajaa kuin mummo

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
...actually lower their suspension so they can smash some rocks, all right.
So please, spare me with the metrosexual high suspension stuff.
Suspension is only for metrosexuals... Real men weld all moving parts except engine.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #1408
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
This has me a bit concerned. As much as the 1190 looks like it will be awesome for what I have in mind for it, I am definitely not on board with doing 9 hour / $1000 services. It's what I like about the GSA the most actually, is how I can do my own service for the most part and most of the time the services required are not a ball buster.

Bleading and maintaining your own brakes must not be part of your own service then.

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #1409
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,451
If the haters here are such hard core dirt riders on there 950's, they should be up for the challenge the 1190 brings.

I mean, I know I am. Bring it on. I'll ride that bitch in the dirt.
A Ducati Multistrada with proper sized nobby's and dirt set-up. Sign me up!!!!

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1410
wilmar13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGOI View Post
I mean, I know I am. Bring it on. I'll ride that bitch in the dirt.
A Ducati Multistrada with proper sized nobby's and dirt set-up. Sign me up!!!!
Phukin Aye!

But don't forget in addition to proper sized wheels, it also has a much smoother engine.