User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
oclv454 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Alaska made easier

Want to ride around Alaska and the Yukon and not use up all your vacation time getting there and back? Two of my friends have signed up with a transportation company that will deliver their bikes to Anchorage, pick them up at the airport, and then bring the bikes back. The bikes will be shipped in one trailer, never being transferred, and your luggage can be on the bike. They will pick up bikes in different parts of the US. The company is Route 55 Transport and the person to contact is Keith at 810-614-8038. I have no affilliation with them other than he needs a few more bikes to make this happen. I am planning on riding both ways, but if I run out of time, I will have Route 55 Transport bring my bike back down.
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Thanks for posting this up Eric!

I am Keith Kodet, owner of Route 55 Transport.

I'm sure hoping this is going to work out. We are in the planning stages on this but am 99% sure it will happen. We will probably need about 8 bikes in on this to make it affordable for everyone.

Also, just to add to the information, I will be in Alaska during everyones trip(s) and should be reachable by cell. Should anyone have a catastrophic breakdown (knock on wood) I will be able to come pick up bikes and/or assist with tools and repair. I will do my best to make this trip as simple and enjoyable for all. This should help to add a margin of comfort in this trip.

I am working on flat rate pricing as of now, and will post it up when I figure it all out.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Witold
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
I hope it works out for you guys and this becomes some sort of semi-regular economical service.

I would like to ride around Alaska, but have no desire to ride there from DC.
Witold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Oddometer: 6,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witold View Post
I hope it works out for you guys and this becomes some sort of semi-regular economical service.
Big +1 and IMO this is a much needed service and has great potential.

Good luck, Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

I've also had calls about June and July. Unless someone put together something awfully quick, I don't see June happening this year, but a July run seems possible as well.

If this does work out to be some sort of regular thing, I would probably offer two or three trips a summer, with set rates and dates, similar to a charter service.

For now I'd really like to see this August trip happen. Eric seems very excited for his group to go. Any help filling up this run would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
scribed
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
hopefully this all comes together looking to ship july or august 2013
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #8
ADV NY
unsportsmanlikeTAGER

Oddometer: 1,554
I would love to jump in but wont know till January of 2013. were are you guys shipping form?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #9
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV NY View Post
I would love to jump in but wont know till January of 2013. were are you guys shipping form?
My home base is Michigan, but I can go anywhere.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #10
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

This is now confirmed.

I will post up full details soon.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #11
PLRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkodet View Post
This is now confirmed.

I will post up full details soon.
Pm'ed
PLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
Mike M
Over Here Now...

Oddometer: 1,532
Subscribed
Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

I'll be back in town in a few days and will get full details posted very soon (working from my phone right now).
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
kkodet
Gnarly Adventurer

Alaskan Motorcycle Adventure Made Easy

For those of you who have dreamed of an opportunity to ride your motorcycle in Alaska, the time has finally come!
Route 55 Transport LLC is organizing an Alaskan adventure trip for the month of August 2012, offering door to door nationwide transport of your motorcycle, as well as support and transport in Alaska to make your trip even easier. Here are the details:

• During Mid-July 2012 Route 55 Transport will be travelling the United States picking up motorcycles from your homes or agreed upon meeting locations. Since Route 55 Transport’s home base is Marine City, Michigan, motorcycles located in the eastern half of the United States will be picked up earlier in July. Exact pickup dates will be determined by the location of the individuals who sign up for this adventure, and exact dates will be arranged with each individual no sooner than the end of June.

• Motorcycles will be transported in an enclosed, locked, carpeted trailer equipped with E-track and do not need to be crated. Route 55 will supply a variety of bike chocks and tie downs, however if your motorcycle takes a special way of securing, you will be responsible for supplying those items, which will be returned to you at the end of the trip. Motorcycles can have bags, panniers, and camping equipment attached for no additional charge. There will be an extra charge for Trikes, sidecars, and choppers/extended fork motorcycles.

• Transportation to and from Anchorage is up to you to arrange. Route 55 Transport has worked many times in the past with St. Clair Travel, and they have been able to beat many online airline prices. You can reach them at 810-329-7165.

• Route 55 Transport will be in Anchorage by Monday July 30th and ready for you to pick up your motorcycles. From there the adventure is up to you, as is lodging. Route 55 will depart Anchorage August 31st and return the motorcycles to their owners across the United States in early September.

Anchorage Transportation and Storage

During your stay in Alaska Route 55 has teamed up with a local motorcycle enthusiast and great longtime personal friend that is located in a nice suburban area of Anchorage. This will be the muster point for pick up and drop off of the motorcycles. This enthusiast is also offering transport to and from Anchorage airport, as well as storage of motorcycles for those who do not wish to spend the entire month of August in Alaska. His rate for transportation to and from the airport is $30 per person per trip. His rate for inside, secure, motorcycle storage is $5 per day. You can pay him directly, or you can request to be billed through Route 55 Transport. Transportation to and from the airport and times for picking up/dropping off motorcycles are limited August 15th-23rd, outside arrangements may be necessary during those times, so please do not plan to fly in or out during that timeframe.

While in Alaska Route 55 Transport will offer limited towing services should you have a problem with your motorcycle that cannot be fixed on-site. Some dates, times, and areas may not be available, however Route 55 Transport and our Anchorage friend will help to make your trip as easy as possible. The rate for pick-up of broken down motorcycles and transport to the Anchorage muster point or an Anchorage repair facility is $1.00 per loaded mile.

Pricing:

The rate for round trip transport per motorcycle from Route 55 Transport’s Marine City, Michigan Shipping Terminal to and from Anchorage, AK is $900

The rate for round trip transport from the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, CO, ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, MI, IN, KY, and OH is $1,300 per motorcycle.

The rate for round trip transport from the states of CA, AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA, MS, TN, AL, GA, SC, NC, FL, VA, WV, and Washington D.C. is $1,500 per motorcycle.

The rate for round trip transport from the states of PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY*, ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT is $1,750 per motorcycle.

Canadian customers please contact for pricing

All pricing is at a greatly discounted round trip price. One way transport can be arranged for 25% less the round trip price. Pick up and drop off from different states will be charged at the rate for the state furthest away.

*A $150 (each way) per motorcycle fee applies to motorcycles requiring pickup or drop-off in the city of New York due to extravagant bridge and toll fees.

• The above rates are for standard type motorcycles only. Trikes, sidecars, choppers, and extended fork motorcycles please contact Route 55 Transport for pricing.

• Route 55 Transport may offer group pricing, when motorcycles are picked up and dropped off from the same location. Contact Route 55 Transport for more information.

A $500 non-refundable deposit is required to book a space for this trip. The remaining balance is due upon initial motorcycle pick-up. Route 55 Transport will update trip information and available spots left at http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784522 or you can call, text, or email.

Route 55 Transport is a fully licensed and insured transport company and is excited to be offering this unique adventure opportunity. Alaska can be a once in a lifetime trip, and what better way to see it then on your own motorcycle!

Please call, email, or text for additional information or to book your space on this great adventure. Spaces are limited, so book early!

Route 55 Transport LLC

Keith Kodet 810-614-8038 route55transport@gmail.com
Old 05-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #15
AdventurePoser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,963
Keith, I am so in if you offer this service in 2013!

Steve in So Cal