Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #91
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,276
dang that husky looks nice. Lot of good bikes in here.. just glad I am still satisfied with mine!

n16ht5 screwed with this post 05-04-2012 at 08:34 PM
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #92
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by CagivaJS View Post

Husqvarna currently produces the new "G450X" it's called the TE449. A very sweet ride.
The only thing the Husky has in common with the G450X is the engine top end, EFI, and concentric final drive...Husky changed everything else
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #93
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Oddometer: 1,574
You guys are great at showing the pics of your "perfect" bikes - but you are failing at telling us why you love yours soooooo much.

A little of BOTH please - remember this is an informational thread - not just another pretty bike thread
wiswoodsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #94
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Stretch View Post
I really like my 2011 Husaberg 570 for the following reasons:

1. My top priority was having a light weight big bore thumper that could perform on the trail and not wear me out like a larger bike. The dry weight only 251lbs. The central mass of the Husaberg 70 degree engine helps improve the handling and rides like a lighter bike. Alot of 650cc class bikes are in the 350-400+ pound class. I almost forgot to mention the 15 inches of ground clearance.
2. I wanted a big enough engine that had the power to cruise all day long on the freeway at 70-75mph. With 569cc and approximately 60hp with the Akrapovic muffler this is no problem. The stock gearing is great.
3. With the Rick Mayer custom seat I can ride all day long in comfort.
4. Even though there are not alot of after market products for luggage there are enough choices to make it work. Currently I have the Giant Loop Fandango tank bag and the Giant Loop Mojave saddle bags (not shown).
5. Current add-ons for Adv riding include heated grips, power outlets for GPS navigation, and a radiator fan.

Downside:
1. The manual calls for 15 hour service intervals with the values checked every 30 hours. I can easily ride 15 hours in a week or two. This is getting expensive at this point as I want to keep the warranty in tack during the first 6 months that I have a warranty. So far long term reports on the bike have been very good with no real issues.
2. The bike was designed with a plastic subframe which limits the ability to install rear racks on the bike and store luggage.

B E A U T I F U L Berg ya got there - thanks for the nice write up. I feel the same way about my 520 EXC
Old 05-03-2012, 05:26 AM   #95
FinnDuro
Winter wonderlanding

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiswoodsguy View Post
You guys are great at showing the pics of your "perfect" bikes - but you are failing at telling us why you love yours soooooo much.
A little of BOTH please - remember this is an informational thread - not just another pretty bike thread
Got it. Why the Xchallenge R, and not some other bike/thumper?
Well, I guess I do have a tendency for the non-mainstream, and look for some personality or otherwise not obvious products, or bikes. I totally get and like a good mainstream part, but I seem to have a hard time bonding to them, if you will. And I do have a soft spot for BMW offroad legacy, old airhead boxer R80G/S and the likes. So when a popular belief equates offroad=ktm (and end of discussion), I sort of yawn. I see 13 katooms in a dozen. Must be for a reason. Fine. Probably will own one of them again, sometime. I had a Super Enduro. Sold it after a season, bought back the very Xchallenge I had sold before the SE. I would not mind another SE in my stable, but.. my X was that much better still, for me.

Guys I know mostly bought 690s. In the meantime, I took a similar platform from BMW, with its known shortcomings, and set out to build it into my personal perfect thumper. It's still less money involved than a 690R, its closest rival. The 690 has a clear edge on top hp in the upper range of rpms. It rips when you rip it. My Xch has a clear edge on low down power. It rips off the bottom like a tractor, with more troque way before and way more than the 690. The torque monster style Rotax and its smooth as a well-tuned-carb feeling EFI suits my riding much better. I modified the suspension totally, them 690 guys with their stock suspension don't know what they're missing. The ergos of the X suited my torso very well, not so the other options that I found cramped. And then I decided to tweak the looks, and designed the replica Motorsports coloured stuff on it, threw some Husqvarna flavour, and it came out very unlike the orange. It came out like I wanted it, from the parts I chose or helped to create, and did it mostly on my own, based on how I wanted it to be done. It's very rewarding I must say.

My Xchallenge R is just perfect for what it is: a very well balanced compromise of being able to ride everything within a wide spectrum from single-track to day-long stints of paved roads, if need be, and feel happy about it afterwards. Any less (like: weight, power, suspension, ergos, fueling, reliability) or much more, and it would fail my needs or purpose on either end of the needed dual sport spectrum in one bike. More bikes will cure either end, too. But I cannot ride more than one bike at a time to a destination, and need to ride the whole spectrum when I get there, too. I need the perfect compromise, then - and have it, for now!

EDIT: Fresh out of spring servicing, out to the cold Finnish roads, I give you the "XStreet R". Second set of rims, second nature to my perfect thumper.

FinnDuro screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 02:11 PM Reason: Piccie added.
FinnDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #96
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Awesome, thanks for the insight. Your Ride is definitely unique and very stunning - great work.

I too know what its all about to want something a little different then the rest of my crew. Me owning 3 KTM's is what separates me from my group - they are stuck in the archaic past of loving bikes that are approaching antique status and are hard pressed to consider anything that doesnt come from Japan. I adore the BMW G650X that my one bud has - always liked its looks and had better opinion after I rode it. Kudos for you for wanting to be different.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #97
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,613
In defense of "archaic bikes". I would love to own a KTM 690 but not to the extent of paying $10,300 for a new one. I do not understand the new bike's lack of fuel range and and am not willing to pony up another $1,000 to add it.

Come out west and I will show you the necessity for range. It is more an issue now than 20 years ago. The mom and pop stations are gone.

I know FI is the thing to have, my f800gs has it. Once I dealt with the light switch throttle response, it provides dial in power. Gets excellent mileage. But I can't fix a clogged injector, a low amp battery that turns the motor over but still won't fire up or an ecu that goes a little wonky. All real problems I have had. A 100 mile walk in BF Nevada is not something I want to do.

As far as power is concerned, my KLX would do 1/4 runs in 13.7 at 92 mph stock. Now it has a big bore, exhaust and carb mods. That is not too far off what a 690 is claimed to do.

The best part is, a lot of the shortcomings can be overcome using Ebay parts. I have more suspension travel than most of the "new bikes" posted and it seems to work pretty good.

What I can't resolve is the weight of the thing. New bikes are light even if you consider the difference in fuel capacity. Same goes goes for oil. Mine carries more, less fiddling on the road with changing it.

IMO that is where the "archaic bikes" shine. Doing long stretches of pavement, coupled with the ability to get you into areas less traveled. What they are not good at is at the extremes on either end.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #98
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
The only thing the Husky has in common with the G450X is the engine top end, EFI, and concentric final drive...Husky changed everything else
This always makes me laugh... I see 450X's advertised on craigslist for 6-7k.. you can pick up a brand new 449 for less and have a better bike. The 450x owners need to keep up with the news.

For the Husa 570 owner.. you dont have to have the shop do the valve checks to keep the warranty up.. if they are telling you differently then they dont know the law.

I have a brand new Husaberg FE570S and would qualify it as the best thumper if it had a larger oil capacity to extend the mileage between changes to around 3k. The lack of a metal subframe isnt an issue for me.. Giant loop or a Rollie system are being used to haul 30-40lb loads on the current subframe,,,and that is all I need for the type of camping I would be doing on a Husaberg trip.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #99
jtw000
Survivor

Oddometer: 548
My bike is awesome. I have a G650X-country. It's just about the perfect adventure all-rounder, give or take the Dakar. These things started life as an over-priced project for BMW to race in rallies so they were designed to be a step over the 650gs. In fact the improvements don't translate very well for touring although the weight saving makes them more fun to ride. I had to modify mine to get her right, new shocks, springs, luggage, fuel system upgrades, crash protection, battery, exhaust, airbox, lights... it goes on.
Big improvements in power and I saved in enough weight to break just about even on the parts I had to add. She commutes back and forward around London. She took me up the lanes in kent, 2 up on occasions and kept pace with dedicated enduros. I went around Europe, 2-up for a month with tons of luggage and she kept returning excellent mileage and gave me no issues whatsoever. Then I left london and crossed the middle east into Asia with a dude on a KTM990 adventure. The pace was fast and we were at Kathmandu in 1 month. Again, no issues and I had to tow the KTM behind me in India because it broke down.
Now in Asia she's a commuter again and a little on the large side but she's doing the job. She's also ideal for longer trips out of town and she handles the rough roads like a pro. I love my bike. I honestly don't think there's a better machine on the market that can do all the things these little bikes can do quite as well.
Did I mention my bike is awesome?

Here she in Pattaya, filthy and tired as I was when I got there. Pattaya is a very bad place... (that's why I lived there for a couple of months.)

jtw000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #100
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
In defense of "archaic bikes". I would love to own a KTM 690 but not to the extent of paying $10,300 for a new one. I do not understand the new bike's lack of fuel range and and am not willing to pony up another $1,000 to add it.

Come out west and I will show you the necessity for range. It is more an issue now than 20 years ago. The mom and pop stations are gone.

I know FI is the thing to have, my f800gs has it. Once I dealt with the light switch throttle response, it provides dial in power. Gets excellent mileage. But I can't fix a clogged injector, a low amp battery that turns the motor over but still won't fire up or an ecu that goes a little wonky. All real problems I have had. A 100 mile walk in BF Nevada is not something I want to do.

As far as power is concerned, my KLX would do 1/4 runs in 13.7 at 92 mph stock. Now it has a big bore, exhaust and carb mods. That is not too far off what a 690 is claimed to do.

The best part is, a lot of the shortcomings can be overcome using Ebay parts. I have more suspension travel than most of the "new bikes" posted and it seems to work pretty good.

What I can't resolve is the weight of the thing. New bikes are light even if you consider the difference in fuel capacity. Same goes goes for oil. Mine carries more, less fiddling on the road with changing it.

IMO that is where the "archaic bikes" shine. Doing long stretches of pavement, coupled with the ability to get you into areas less traveled. What they are not good at is at the extremes on either end.
I have nothing against the older bikes - just my friends that whine about having them. Our group seems to ride a mix of MX and DS - many of us have 2 or more bikes for this purpose. They seem to ride MX less (were getting older) and DS more - but they buy brand new MX bikes and keep the fossil DS bikes and readily complain about their performance. Im just as fast as them on my 10yo MX bike, compared to their 11's and 12's - but I slaughter them with my fancy schmancy DS bikes. I get razzed cuz my old MX bike doesnt have linkage and its not nearly as good as theirs - but when I give them shit about their 88 XT 600's wallowing on speedy dirt roads or the 86 SP600 thats suffers on rocky hill climbs or the little DR350 that is always stuck in the back cuz everyone is going too fast - then Im the bad guy
Old 05-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #101
Johnnyboxer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnDuro View Post
Got it. Why the Xchallenge R, and not some other bike/thumper?
Well, I guess I do have a tendency for the non-mainstream, and look for some personality or otherwise not obvious products, or bikes. I totally get and like a good mainstream part, but I seem to have a hard time bonding to them, if you will. And I do have a soft spot for BMW offroad legacy, old airhead boxer R80G/S and the likes. So when a popular belief equates offroad=ktm (and end of discussion), I sort of yawn. I see 13 katooms in a dozen. Must be for a reason. Fine. Probably will own one of them again, sometime. I had a Super Enduro. Sold it after a season, bought back the very Xchallenge I had sold before the SE. I would not mind another SE in my stable, but.. my X was that much better still, for me.

Guys I know mostly bought 690s. In the meantime, I took a similar platform from BMW, with its known shortcomings, and set out to build it into my personal perfect thumper. It's still less money involved than a 690R, its closest rival. The 690 has a clear edge on top hp in the upper range of rpms. It rips when you rip it. My Xch has a clear edge on low down power. It rips off the bottom like a tractor, with more troque way before and way more than the 690. The torque monster style Rotax and its smooth as a well-tuned-carb feeling EFI suits my riding much better. I modified the suspension totally, them 690 guys with their stock suspension don't know what they're missing. The ergos of the X suited my torso very well, not so the other options that I found cramped. And then I decided to tweak the looks, and designed the replica Motorsports coloured stuff on it, threw some Husqvarna flavour, and it came out very unlike the orange. It came out like I wanted it, from the parts I chose or helped to create, and did it mostly on my own, based on how I wanted it to be done. It's very rewarding I must say.

My Xchallenge R is just perfect for what it is: a very well balanced compromise of being able to ride everything within a wide spectrum from single-track to day-long stints of paved roads, if need be, and feel happy about it afterwards. Any less (like: weight, power, suspension, ergos, fueling, reliability) or much more, and it would fail my needs or purpose on either end of the needed dual sport spectrum in one bike. More bikes will cure either end, too. But I cannot ride more than one bike at a time to a destination, and need to ride the whole spectrum when I get there, too. I need the perfect compromise, then - and have it, for now!
Let's see some more pics

2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Black
2005 BMW R1150GS Adv - Silver
2007 BMW G650 XCountry - Black
Johnnyboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #102
team ftb
Befuddled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,636
Wisewoodsguy hit the nail on the head with his remarks about owners wanting different things from their bikes. We all have our own reasons for riding and therefore our desired bikes will reflect those characteristics. Lots of nice bikes in this thread and would love to hear more about the BMW R the gent posted about earlier, that sounds an interesting ride.
My interests are off-roading. I’m lucky enough to be living in Southeast Asia where there are no BLM or misinformed Sierra Clubbers trying to close down the lands to access to the pretty scenery just yet.

This allows me to ride my MX and Dual Sport bikes from my house and down the street into the jungles without any hassle from Johnny Law or protesting Greenies.
Sadly my perfect ride has not yet been invented. I want a lightweight, powerful, and reliable enduro bike to take on my multi week off-road rides. In my eyes it has not yet been developed. The closest I came was the KTM 525 EXC and have been riding it for a bunch of years now in that role.

Longest trip so far is one month through three countries.

The 2008-2011 KTM 530’s did not interest me due to the separate oil chambers. I’ll give the KTM 500 a year to see how it pans out, especially the FI. I’ve had two FI systems crap out on friends bikes in the jungles and that ends the ride right there. Gotta tow it. No jury rigging and getting it running when the FI throws in the towel. I know FI will be the future but I want CDI reliability from them before I convert over to it. I read about problems with the Husabergs boiling fuel and having FI problems, combine that with no kick starter and it caused me to bypass the ‘Bergs.

Pro’s of the 525:

*Reliable

*Powerful (has a 570 piston, Hotcams, lightened flywheel, and headwork) and pulls hard with my dainty 130 pounds aboard. Can cruise singletrack or freeway no problem.

*Decent suspension

*Grin producing when snapping the throttle open in the dirt or passing Harleys on the freeway cuz you can comfortably cruise at a higher speed than those paint shakers.

*Great aftermarket support and knowledge base to draw upon to build these bikes.

*Wonderful parts swapping platform if you would like to upgrade to newer model parts.
Has a backup kickstarter. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve needed to resort to kick starting the bike as the battery was drained (drowned bikes in river crossings so pumping water out of the bikes cylinder and exhaust, lights switched on by villagers, etc.). No kick starter is the main reason why I bypassed the four stroke Husabergs.

Install 17” motard wheels and tires and a Radial front master cylinder, 4 piston caliper, and large front disk (30 minutes) and I have a beast of a canyon corner carver or Motard racing bike on the Go Kart tracks............except when it highsides you into the tire barrier.

Cons:

*Even with the aftermarket oil cooler I still only hold 1.7 quarts so need to change the oil at 1000 miles.

*Weight – This is called a lightweight race weapon but in reality it’s 275 pounds ready to ride with no luggage so in my eyes that’s not lightweight. My race bikes in the 90’s weighed less. I think four stroke power is nice but the weight penalty has not yet been negated, and that is not progress in my eyes.

*You need to install stainless steel intake valves before you can log looooong trips to avoid needed valve adjustments.

*Stock charging system is inadequate if you want decent lights, cooling fan etc.

*Goes through rear tires too quickly. I put a brand new MT-21 that are meant for 990’s and such and the 525 blew off that tire in 1200 miles the last trip. I had to nurse the throttle from 1200 miles and that’s never fun.

Mods to get it setup.

Suspension - Valved for me by someone good (won KTM Talks suspension shootout). Not one of the recognized supposed gurus. Tried his set-up and it was so far off base I could not believe the praise he receives from some.

Motor – Thumper Racing 570 kit, Kibblewhite oversized intake and exhaust valves, headwork, Hotcams lumpy cam, TT lightened flywheel, HT oil cooler, Hard Parts fan kit, Hi flow water impeller.

Charging system – Trail Tech stator and regulator to keep the fan running and motor cool in the jungle, lights etc..

Lights – Tried the Trail Tech X2 HID but not impressed with the reliability, ordering the Baja Designs Squadron and see how that works out.

Bits – remote kill button to keep the villagers from firing up the bike when I’m having some lunch, Hammerhead shifter (allows my busted leg to reach the shifter), Trail Tech kickstand (PMB one is better but damn expensive), Scotts stainless steel oil filters (so no need to source filters where there are no dealers within a few thousand KM’s), Cycra handguards, Hard Parts skid plate, P3 header guard (to keep the village kids from burning themselves on it when they crowd around the bike), Clarke 3.2 gallon tank, SX exhaust for better flow (no spark arrestors required over here), Scotts steering Damper.

I’ve been running it like this for more than 5 years now throughout Thailand, Lao and Cambodia and it’s never left me stranded in the field. Go on multi day/week rides every month and it purrs along just fine allowing me to peek into rural lifestyles in varying cultures that I would never get to see otherwise.

On top of that it’s also a hoot to ride with dial on wheelies and power slides everywhere, reliable enough that I never worry about it on long trips, and suspended far better than Honda XR’s which are the “go-to” bike for this type of riding, so I have nothing to complain about. I swapped mounts with my buddies KTM 690R with a full Akropovich exhaust and remap and my ole 525 leaves it for dead. It makes the 690 feel like an XR400. I was surprised as I thought the 690 lump would be gorgeous. Not for me, plus it weighed 35 pounds more than my 525. I was envious of his nice high and dry airbox for the river crossings though.

Living in a place where there are no dealers for parts or service is an issue people bring up. I suck at bike mechanics but can keep the KTM going (piston changes, valves adjustments and oil changes) and I just keep consumable spare parts (brake pads, sprockets, water pump seals) in stock and have no issues running a specialty brand bike in third world countries.

Interesting thread. Looking forward to see what others consider their perfect bike and why.
Team "Fingering The Bean"

Looking for the woman that takes the wheel when I'm seeing double.

team ftb screwed with this post 05-03-2012 at 03:58 PM
team ftb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #103
Mile Maker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
WOW!
You live in the part of the world that most of us dream about!
Your post made me want to buy a KTM.

Loving this thread guys, Keep It up!

I cruse around on a KLR. I bought it mainly for a commuter / adventure touring bike. I live on the prairies and have to travel about 350 km to get anywhere scenic. So the klr weight is a plus on the highway. i don't get blown around as bad as i did on my old XT 350. And the K has a good subframe, so i can load it up with all of my camping gear. Most of the riding i do is on fire roads, logging roads, and simple 2 track stuff. So the KLR is right at home. And my riding partners ride KLR's, Dakars, and Vstroms, so im not left in the dust by anyone. Seems to work out. Plus the KLR has a HUGE aftermarket following, you can customize these things to no end.

The down side of the KLR:
Heavy
not too powerful
Suspension is old technology
could use more braking power
windshield sucks, and the kawi tall windshield is worse!
And there are several well documented upgrades for these bikes (such as the doohickey, sub frame bolts, thermostat upgrade) , Some people swear by them, some say they are a scam.

I installed crash bars, Luggage racks, aluminum skid plate, Stronger sub frame bolts, heated grips, and a jet kit. The bike is even heaver now, But its a tank, i don't have to worry about dropping it, its protected.

I upgraded the suspension with Ricor intiminators and rear shock. Its way more stable, both on road and off. Pricy, but worth it.
I swap front sprockets between 14, 15, and 16 tooth sprockets, depending on the type of riding i am doing.

I still plan on installing a better windshield, and aluminum panniers to make it more travel friendly. Also some free flowing exhaust is on the to do list.

After owing one for a couple of years, the KLR is a good bike for the type of riding i do. I cant go everywhere, but i don't want to go everywhere. i need to be able to black top it for a couple of hours, then fire roads until i find a good camping spot. I see these big bore, light, ds bikes and drool a little, but i know i spend way too much time on black top to justify one.
Mile Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:12 AM   #104
wiswoodsguy OP
Kmart shopper

I love seeing bikes all packed up like a modern day pavement mule - tells me that there is going to a wonderful story waiting for me when they get back. I used to laugh at those that had everything including the kitchen sink stowed away on their wagons - but now when I see them traveling abroad - I know that they are on the endless adventure - I get rather jealous now.

The one bike that I do not own yet is the road traveler adventure bike. For me, its most likely going to be a LC8 motored KTM of some sorts - but I am soo looking forward to boogering it up with hard bags, hiding behind a windscreen of some sorts, and setting off on the adventure thats in my moto crazed mind.

But for now, all I can do is raise my glass to you, you lucky traveler types, in hopes that I will be able to give that courteous helmet nod to you one day as our paths cross traversing down the tarmac
Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 PM   #105
n16ht5
ride the night

Oddometer: 2,276

Alright.. Here is why I like my bike...

I wanted the most reliable single track worthy dirt bike that I could RTW on. A do everything bike. Ater a year of research I came to the WR450F and the KTM 450/525. Two friends of mine have had both and pointed me toward the WR for dual sporting.

Got a bone stock 2007 WR450F and modded it to suit. I got it in Feb and finished most of the mods within two months

I am totally happy and would pick this bike again even if money was not a factor. Sure I would love a new Husaberg 390 or KTM Free ride, but the reliability and durability of the WR is proven

http://youtu.be/rqLIrhUQUy0?hd=1

Mods:
Tusk Dual Sport Kit
Trailtech Stator and reg/rec kit
Works Connection HR meter + Tach
ADVmonster M60 LED light 3500lumen
HID conversion
Heated Grips
Bark Busters
MSR folding mirrors
Rekluse Z Start Pro
LHRB + 2 Finger clutch override
Works Connection radiator brace
Devol radiator gaurds
12V accessory plug
Micro + Mini USB charger hardwired for GPS/phone
Arkon GPS/phone waterproof case mounted to bars
Dirtbikegear.com Large + small tool bags mounted to rear fender
Ricochet skid plate
Twin Air filter
Supersprox 48T rear, 16T front
MT43/Desert IT rear
D606/MX51 Front
Tubliss front/rear
Billet clutch cover
07 YZ450F full exhaust w/ spark arrestor
Clarke 3.6g gas tank
RAD Cush Hub + heavy duty spokes
Tugger strap on seat

Engine Mods:

Decorked (intake snorkel removed, grey + blue wire mod)
168/45 jets, 50 leak, fuel screw, AP link mod
YZF exhaust 2007 + 2009 header + SA screen

I ended up withasuper reliable bike that can do almost anything and cruise 65MPH at 5600RPM.

n16ht5 screwed with this post 05-04-2012 at 08:42 PM
n16ht5 is offline   Reply With Quote