Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #46
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Motorcycle Auction and Parts etc...

Hey

Just got word that the former OKC BMW/Ducati motorcycle shop is being auctioned off on the 24th.... which is a Tuesday, starts at 10 am.... there are bunch of bikes, tools etc... i would like to go, but not sure i can swing it with work

Here is the website of the auction house http://www.duckwallauctions.com/auctions.cfm
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #47
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

OKC to Tulsa ride...

So I'm still trying to get the OKC metro riders to unite....

I've been trying to figure out an OKC to Tulsa trip using the back roads... what i have come up with is dirt-gravel from Edmond to Sapulpa (some paved in between), after that it is mostly paved. We could ride up in the morning, grab a bite for lunch and head back either dirt roads or 66... i'll post a link to the map if you click on it you should be able to move things and tweak how you want. Or if anyone has suggestions go for it... i only mean this to be a starting place....

Maybe not this weekend but what about July 21st or 22nd....???

If we can get a route figured out, i can convert to GPX to add to our GPS systems...

Anyway... just throwing this out to you all... seeing if anyone is there... if not, like i usually do, i'll head out on my own...

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E...,18,19,20&z=10

Let me know if any one is interested...

Peter
Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #48
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
I'm interested! Looks like a great route. The 21st would be a good day. I don't know how fast you guys go, though. I'm a real newbie.
RogerWilco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #49
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
So I'm still trying to get the OKC metro riders to unite....

I've been trying to figure out an OKC to Tulsa trip using the back roads... what i have come up with is dirt-gravel from Edmond to Sapulpa (some paved in between), after that it is mostly paved. We could ride up in the morning, grab a bite for lunch and head back either dirt roads or 66... i'll post a link to the map if you click on it you should be able to move things and tweak how you want. Or if anyone has suggestions go for it... i only mean this to be a starting place....

Maybe not this weekend but what about July 21st or 22nd....???

If we can get a route figured out, i can convert to GPX to add to our GPS systems...

Anyway... just throwing this out to you all... seeing if anyone is there... if not, like i usually do, i'll head out on my own...

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E...,18,19,20&z=10

Let me know if any one is interested...

Peter
if you move your route farther north near heayborn lake you could get some more gravel in.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #50
20valves
Yamaholic

Oddometer: 437
Thumb Great thread!

I just found this thread. How could I have missed it for so long?

I'm in OKC and definitely want to take the whale bike out and about. I do the Draper unpaved lake roads and have done the Draper trails (green, grass track) on it. I've been to Colorado and Arkansas on it but it would sure be nice have some closer to home off road that's decent. Anyway, went up to Hallett today to watch a buddy and saw lots of dirt roads going off 99, 33, 66. As long as it doesn't get into really serious, knobbies-only single track, I'm game.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,587
Perhaps some of us T-town inmates can meet you guys for lunch?
Old 07-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #52
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

OKC to Sapulpa Ride...

COOL!

Looks like we have RogerWIlco coming, and we won't go to fast, 20Valves is bringing his whale and i tweaked the route so maybe OKlr will grace us with his presence!

Oh and Newner is going to suggest where to stop for lunch since it is his home town!

As far as the roads i would not expect anything crazy, just out in the country type roads, gravel, dirt, and some pavement.

I suggest we meet up at Pops on Route 66 by Westminster rd... Link to Pops on Google Maps click here

Probably should leave from Pops no later then 8 am but am willing to leave earlier....

RodgerWilco says the 21st... that works for me...

I tweaked the route a tad bit for OKlr... this is the newest route ..... Link to new route click here

Any one else want to come?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #53
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,587
RE: Lunch
How about the Hickory House at 626 North Mission Street, Sapulpa, OK 74066.
The buffet is pretty good and I believe it should be all you can eat ribs on the weekend.

I will post this up in the Last Minute RTE thread and perhaps some of the locals might show up.

If your not too hot and tired you might try some of these fun little roads on the way back:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...c12ded63&msa=0
Old 07-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #54
Purcell69
Mors ex Tenebris

Oddometer: 3,688
I can't do any weekend rides for a little while since I have training responsibilities, but I did have an unexpected day-off yesterday, so I took the Nighthawk out for a little run through central OK to points East. I ended up going through Wayne, Rosedale, Byars, Asher, Saskawa, Konawa, Wewoka, Holdenville, Calvin, Allen, Ada and Pauls Valley. It was about 200 miles in all, a good way to spend the afternoon.

-Joe

Trust and Respect take years to earn, but can be lost in a moment.

Life's too short to hold a grudge. -Joe
Purcell69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #55
OKlr
Youtube whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
COOL!

Looks like we have RogerWIlco coming, and we won't go to fast, 20Valves is bringing his whale and i tweaked the route so maybe OKlr will grace us with his presence!

Oh and Newner is going to suggest where to stop for lunch since it is his home town!

As far as the roads i would not expect anything crazy, just out in the country type roads, gravel, dirt, and some pavement.

I suggest we meet up at Pops on Route 66 by Westminster rd... Link to Pops on Google Maps click here

Probably should leave from Pops no later then 8 am but am willing to leave earlier....

RodgerWilco says the 21st... that works for me...

I tweaked the route a tad bit for OKlr... this is the newest route ..... Link to new route click here

Any one else want to come?
I'm not going to be able to make this, with a toddler and living way out west its hard for me to commit to a longer ride away from home right now. When i get time i usually spend it in the garage, or short exploration around Clinton. I have been toying with the idea of a ride around oklahoma in a giant loop that would cover a bunch of cool locations. Something like the routes other states have that are the "cross ****** route" or whatever. I just thought it would be cooler if it was a loop. That way you could start or finish from any spot on the route.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #56
OKlr
Youtube whore

This is something i've been kinda collecting locations of cool stuff in oklahoma. This is by far not a complete list. If anyone wants to add to it let me know and i'll turn on collaborate on it.

Oklahoma Map

OKlr screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 06:36 PM
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #57
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
This is something i've been kinda collecting locations of cool stuff in oklahoma. This is by far not a complete list. If anyone wants to add to it let me know and i'll turn on collaborate on it.

Oklahoma Map
I sent you a PM!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #58
JPSpen
At Large

Oddometer: 1,185
Sounds like fun.. Wish it wasn't going to be so hot.....

I have to gig Saturday night so it might be tough for me to make it this time...I really can't afford to be exhausted and then go do a one nighter....

But, I might meet you guys out a Pops for a soda at 0800....

Who knows maybe I'll tag along and turn around somewhere along the way...

This idea might be nice to do once a month.... Meet somewhere for lunch in an interesting place..

Maybe

John
I like the wind in my face and Boobies too !!..
JPSpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:27 PM   #59
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post

Oklahoma Map
I've been doing something similar, but instead of putting them onto a map I've been entering them as waypoints into my gps, that way when I get in the vicinity of one I'll see it on my gps screen. I've put in lots of restaurants in as well as interesting places I want to ride to around he state...someday. One of my places that is out your way is the unknown cowboys grave from the great wester cattle trail. Also want to make it to black Mesa for an over nighter sometime too.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:42 PM   #60
20valves
Yamaholic

Oddometer: 437
OK, Pops, 8 AM on the 21st, got it.