Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #76
JPSpen
At Large

Oddometer: 1,185
Well, Hell yes it's because of the heat....

Five more weeks of summer.. Then it'll cool off enough to be bearable again...

Then three months of good riding till the winter switch get's turned on..

I've been trying to get up and around at like 6:00 AM but so far it's not working...

You can get in a nice four hours of riding if you get up early...

I might be up for the Stroud and back...

John
I like the wind in my face and Boobies too !!..
JPSpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #77
tomski74
Silesian American

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Hey all...

Just a thought... I think only one person has committed to going, and i've been wondering if that is because the heat? We could always shorten it up and head to Stroud and back? If you are planning on going will you PM me or something so i know what to expect...

I'm ok with the heat, and i was figuring we'd just ride R66 back, unless someone else has a better plan.

Peter
WTF, a few Tulsans were planning on meeting with you guys in Sapaloopa on Saturday. Does it mean we have to go to Stroud now? Rock Cafe?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:24 PM   #78
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
OKC to Sapulpa Ride...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomski74 View Post
WTF, a few Tulsans were planning on meeting with you guys in Sapaloopa on Saturday. Does it mean we have to go to Stroud now? Rock Cafe?
Well, I haven't had anyone say 100% their in yet. I just routed the routes for the GPS and looks like from Pops to Stroud is right at 60 miles Stroud to Sapulpa (the restaurant Newner suggested) is right at 60 miles... I'll ride to Sapulpa regardless.

How about who ever wants to turn around at Sapulpa come anyway, it will give some of us OKC folks a chance to meet some other riders. And if anyone is tough enough to go to Sapulpa then we can meet some Tulsa riders.

Leaving Pops at 8 am... Saturday morning...

PM me your email address and i'll send you the GPX files.

Peter
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #79
20valves
Yamaholic

Oddometer: 437
Quote:
How about who ever wants to turn around at Sapulpa come anyway, it will give some of us OKC folks a chance to meet some other riders. And if anyone is tough enough to go to Sapulpa then we can meet some Tulsa riders.

Peter
I'm tough enough to get to Sapulpa it's facing the afternoon 105+ sun on the way home that may not be much fun. I'm in for the ride to Sapulpa and I already put the route in the GPS. I wouldn't want to linger too long there though.

Meeting at the Rock in Stroud might a be a decent compromise in this wicked heat. We could all get together without anyone having to go too far when the temp gets up there. I'd even be willing to explore the part north of Bristow and then come back to OKC.

I'll be the guy at Pops on a black Tenere with a yellow helmet.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #80
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I won't be able to make this ride due to medical issues with a family member. Hopefully I can make the next one.
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #81
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,086
So Arcadia to Stroud is about 40 miles. I guess sixty on the dirt route but this is probably fast dirt (your driving skills may vary ). Leaving at 8:00 would get you there shortly after 9:00? Might be a breakfast run then.

We had a group of Tulsans that were (maybe) going to ride to Sapulpa and meet you guys for lunch. Might have a few that would venture to Stroud. Might be a brunch thing though. Just let us know what the final plan is and someone might show up from Tulsa. Or maybe you don't want the Tulsa group around - completely understandable. . Either way, you guys have a good ride.

Fellow Tulsans: We could hit this lunch thing and then go to DirtyDog's grand opening and then go drink a beer at someplace with AC.

BTW: It's 90 by 11:00 and at 100 by 2:00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomski74 View Post
Quote:
Well, I haven't had anyone say 100% their in yet. I just routed the routes for the GPS and looks like from Pops to Stroud is right at 60 miles Stroud to Sapulpa (the restaurant Newner suggested) is right at 60 miles... I'll ride to Sapulpa regardless.

Peter
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon

JumpJet screwed with this post 07-20-2012 at 07:36 AM
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #82
20valves
Yamaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet View Post
So Arcadia to Stroud is about 40 miles. I guess sixty on the dirt route but this is probably fast dirt (your driving skills may vary ). Leaving at 8:00 would get you there shortly after 9:00? Might be a breakfast run then.
Breakfast is fine by me, they serve that at the Rock, nice, m/c friendly folks there.

Quote:
We had a group of Tulsans that were (maybe) going to ride to Sapulpa and meet you guys for lunch. Might have a few that would venture to Stroud. Might be a brunch thing though. Just let us know what the final plan is and someone might show up from Tulsa. Or maybe you don't want the Tulsa group around - completely understandable. . Either way, you guys have a good ride.
I've ridden with a great guy from Tulsa (yes, there's at least one). Kieth G. Know him?

What say ye all? Sapulpa or Stroud?

Dadayama, you have a pm from me.

Quote:
BTW: It's 90 by 11:00 and at 100 by 2:00.
Noted. I plan to be in a pool by noon or 1:00.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:32 AM   #83
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Sixty miles of dirt roads covered in just over an hour? Regardless of whether I have to work tomorrow, or not, I'll just show myself the exit now. No way I could ride like that.
I hope you guys have a really fun ride, where ever your destination ends up being!!.
RogerWilco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #84
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,587
It appears we are suffering from a fair bit of analysis paralysis.

I am up for about anything you guys decide

The heat causes the fun-o-meter on my bike drop to dramatically low levels. Brunch at the Rock or the Ranch House sounds good to me. Just let us know. I will call the Mayor and let him know I am coming home and maybe they will have a parade for us.

"I've ridden with a great guy from Tulsa (yes, there's at least one). Kieth G. Know him?"

Yep, He is "the" Keith in Tulsa, gotta be the same guy.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #85
JumpJet
Looking for Alpha

Oddometer: 1,086
PLEASE don't bow out because of anything that I posted. I was just talking some Tulsa smack. Won't even be riding that section with you, just trying to meet for food

So I guess us Tulsans should sit back and see what you OKC guys decide to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
Sixty miles of dirt roads covered in just over an hour? Regardless of whether I have to work tomorrow, or not, I'll just show myself the exit now. No way I could ride like that.
I hope you guys have a really fun ride, where ever your destination ends up being!!.
1) Stop trying to save the world
2) Eat more Bacon
JumpJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #86
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
OKC to Stroud-Final Plan

OK.... it is supposed to be 105 degrees on Saturday... but we live in Oklahoma so i say lets brave it a little and head to Stroud. Beats watching TV....

Here is a link to the final map... i tweaked to route a little... Saturday ride link

Hey Rodger... according to google maps, this ride should be 2 hours and 38 minutes for 57 miles...

I know 20valves is coming... the guy from Jones said he would go if it was to Stroud, Rodger should come because we won't be getting there in hour....

BRAVE THE HEAT and join us...

My main goal here is to start building a network of rider in OKC, kind of like they have in Tulsa.

Send me a PM if you want the GPX files for your GPS...

Peter

Dadayama screwed with this post 07-20-2012 at 01:24 PM
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #87
skyydiver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Wish I could come. Got family stuff this time, but hopefully I can tag along sometime. Early morning and a frozen camelback can make it bearable! Stay hydrated, my friends.
skyydiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #88
Newner
Buffering

Oddometer: 1,587
Quote:
OK.... it is supposed to be 105 degrees on Saturday... but we live in Oklahoma so i say lets brave it a little and head to Stroud. Beats watching TV....

Here is a link to the final map... i tweaked to route a little... Saturday ride link

Hey Rodger... according to google maps, this ride should be 2 hours and 38 minutes for 57 miles...

I know 20valves is coming... the guy from Jones said he would go if it was to Stroud, Rodger should come because we won't be getting there in hour....

BRAVE THE HEAT and join us...

My main goal here is to start building a network of rider in OKC, kind of like they have in Tulsa.

Send me a PM if you want the GPX files for your GPS...

Peter
I fixt your route a bit by sending you by an old Ozark Monument obelisk thingy.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=P...19,20&t=m&z=10

35.72417,-96.698458

Seems like you guys will probably be in Stroud about 11:15 ish....... Is that a good time to meet up?
Old 07-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #89
20valves
Yamaholic

I'm just gonna show up at Pops at 8:00 with GPS charged up and let Dadayama take it from there.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #90
RogerWilco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Okay, I just rode the Road King out to Chandler, swapped out for the GS, and got back to the metro. I will be at Pops in the morning.
Damn, and I really wanted to spend the day watching exciting reruns of Laverne & Shirley.
RogerWilco is online now   Reply With Quote