Oddometer: 1,695
Is it in stock?

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Is the circuit protected to limit the output voltage to no more than 5 volts - I wiped out a GPS with another USB power port when the bikes voltage regulator failed and input voltage spiked. I am guessing somewhere around 20 volts was input to the power port and I assume it also lost regulation and sent much more than 5 volts to my 5 volt GPS. I don't expect to ever have trhis problem ever again but I would like to know my GPS is protected. Thank you
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundtripping View Post
Is it in stock?
There are only 50 more pieces that will be arriving next week, however most are already sold. Unfortunately after these we wont see any till July as there is a component shortage. We are trying to improve this date but as it stands there will be a delay. Overwhelming popularity in the European market has completely cleaned out the supply chain. Customers comments have been very positive and many say its far better then other ones they have tried. We have a big lot on order for July but we suspect we will need to increase that quantity.

Anyone who orders now before the 50 are gone will have it shipped out next week. Once we sell out of those, your order will be put in Que for the next lot. Only about a dozen left, they wont last long!
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlookin View Post
Is the circuit protected to limit the output voltage to no more than 5 volts - I wiped out a GPS with another USB power port when the bikes voltage regulator failed and input voltage spiked. I am guessing somewhere around 20 volts was input to the power port and I assume it also lost regulation and sent much more than 5 volts to my 5 volt GPS. I don't expect to ever have trhis problem ever again but I would like to know my GPS is protected. Thank you
Yes it is regulated at a steady 5VDC output
Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #20
roundtripping
Adventourist

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
There are only 50 more pieces that will be arriving next week, however most are already sold. Unfortunately after these we wont see any till July as there is a component shortage. We are trying to improve this date but as it stands there will be a delay. Overwhelming popularity in the European market has completely cleaned out the supply chain. Customers comments have been very positive and many say its far better then other ones they have tried. We have a big lot on order for July but we suspect we will need to increase that quantity.

Anyone who orders now before the 50 are gone will have it shipped out next week. Once we sell out of those, your order will be put in Que for the next lot. Only about a dozen left, they wont last long!
Well I placed an order, hopefully I was part of the dozen.

My SPOT Tracker
roundtripping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #21
OneZero
TGT of Opportunity

Oddometer: 303
www.burnsmoto.com sells similar items at a better price. I have one of his USB outlets on my GS and it works great from the powerlet.

There is no greater honor in this world than leading U.S. Soldiers at home and abroad. 'nuff said.
OneZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
swellguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
usb socket

Just got mine today. Very robust, solid construction and I'm quite happy with my purchase.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,349
Thumb

Nice gear!!!!.... where do we get our computers from that allows us to post these messages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuman View Post
Thanks for the response. I retract my previous commentary with apologies. Ten dollars shipping appears to be very high within the US, but not from Canada to the States or elsewhere.

How do you add value to your product? Do you assemble and check quality control or are these simply ordered from Asia? What warranty do you offer?

Your price is reasonable for North American assembly and QC, with a warranty that's worth something. However, if you are simply a broker for stuff that comes from Shanghai in a shipping container, I'll pass. It's not worth my time wiring up something that's going to fail on the second ride.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #24
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

We received a small shipment last week earlier then expected and will have more stock coming in mid July. All back orders have now shipped out!