Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #16
dlh62c
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlartist View Post
I leave my work shoes at work, and just change out of my motorcycle boots when I get there.
Same here, I do the the same with my clothes too. The shoes, some shirts and pants are kept in a drawer at my desk.

daryl
dlh62c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,156
I've got a pair of Cruiserworks boots I've used many times in formal situations. Unless you pull your pant leg up, they look just like dress shoes.

Just note that the brand name has been through some changes -- nowadays, the boots are very high quality and made in the US of damn A, but for a few years there were some problems with boots built elsewhere and the CW reputation has suffered.

Mine were made by the old company in the DR (Dominican Republic) and are actually very high quality -- no leaks, and the finish has been very easy to maintain. As with all their styles, there's no added impact protection other than solid construction and good leather. This helps keep the styling classic and unobtrusive as well, but it's a tradeoff.
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #18
Pardus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 449
If I was wearing my suit on my bike I'd go with my Sidi Adventure Rain like normal. They're black; that will have to do.

Pardus screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 06:02 PM
Pardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
Guano11
Half Decaf

Oddometer: 1,239
Ariat Ropers here. Very comfortable, the black keeps a shine, wear like iron. Rubber sole is much better for riding than a leather sole. Black is also best for hiding shifter toe marks. Not waterproof, but so far no issues (and I'm in the PacNW). Readily available at any western wear store, and the least "cowboy-looking" of the western boot.

Only issue for suitwear might be the boot shaft; if your pant legs are on the trim side and/or of a light material, the boots' outline will sorta show through your pant legs affecting your suit's intended look. Also, boots tend to warrant a longer pant leg length vs. when worn with shoes.

I ride & wear mine daily at work (dress pants). I like 'em. A lot. Easy to find locally, usually cheaper than MSRP, too.
Guano11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #20
Wuwei
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Maybe it's different elsewhere, but here in NY there is no way you can arrive at work without smashed bugs and road goop on whatever you are wearing, so I just keep a pair of shoes stuffed under my desk. Once in awhile someone notices and asks me about them, but we have a casual work place. No boots I know of would be comfortable enough to wear, for me, all day in an office environment--too hot and clunky.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #21
gfloyd2002
Title Free Since '12

Oddometer: 139
I struggled with this same question. After years of trying to find something that will work, I now commute in the outstanding Tourmaster Solution boots and store a pair of slip on work shoes under my desk, and swap out for the Tourmasters during the day. :)

Do NOT buy the Alpinestars Parlor Boots. I thought, hey, I can wear those to the office on my commute and it will ensure that I am ATGATT, and no one will know I'm wearing a motorcycle boot! Well, I'm an idiot. They have almost no protective value, probably less than a pair of high tops. And after a month of wearing them, they started to fall apart, with the glue holding the upper to the sole disappearing. They are really uncomfortable, a tad too small in the toebox but somehow they once actually fell off when I clumsily tripped. They have little chance of staying on in a crash. Cost $175. The Parlor is just a terribly, terrifically, spectacularly bad piece of motorcycle gear for a bad price.

Lesson learned - wear a real boot and change at the office.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #22
Phil Y
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Astars Articolo

These look pretty cool although I have no firsthand experience with them. On sale too, if they have your size!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
t6pilot
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 544
Bates leather, in Lakewood California makes custom boots, mine almost look to nice to ride in. Quality product made right here in the USA
t6pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
Bernoulli?
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
I keep a pair of dress shoes to change into at work, but found myself keeping the boots on more often than not. Got a pair of Bates Fastlane touring boots for the commute. They look pretty near normal with dress pants. Not as protective as most other moto boots due to lack of ankle and shin pads, but otherwise very well made and comfortable.
Bernoulli? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlartist View Post
I leave my work shoes at work, and just change out of my motorcycle boots when I get there.
This is my normal routine, I carry my shoes with me (not very dressy though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Moto View Post
Another option might be to keep a pair of shoes at the office.
I have a "Spare Pair" at work for the days I forget to carry my shoes with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
If I was wearing my suit on my bike I'd go with my Sidi Adventure Rain like normal. They're black; that will have to do.
These are quite dressy with pant legs over. Apply some shoe polish every now and then and you'll be styling. The only problem with the Sidi's are the squeaking, other than that no one would know the difference.
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
squish
Out of the office.

Oddometer: 6,089
This boot collection has decent looking dress boots not easy on the pocketbook and not the greatest in protection but they are styling.
http://www.wolverine.com/us/1000mile/

Red wing also has a line like the above.
Redwingheritage.com/boot. Or something like that.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #27
rowingdude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
I wear Matterhorn 10" boots everywhere, they fit just fine under suit-pants, they'll keep your feet cozy and comfortable in all but the most freaking insane conditions.. and.. they shine well.... and they're not metal toed, so they don't trip metal detectors.. but they're heavy enough on the toe so that if you have to kick someone, you can.

http://workingperson.com/matterhorn-...u=112357441590

That's the cheapest place online.
rowingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
dirtbum
...Lost

Oddometer: 67
Aerostich CBT lites

I was complemented on my nice shoes yesterday by two women, I told them that they were MC boots and they said they had no idea. I wear them to classes and work related events that I am not in uniform for, frequently. Just keep them polished and no one will ever notice. Except for the occasional squeak like PhotoBiker said...
dirtbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #29
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Mine squeak all the damn time, otherwise I'd leave them on most days. I wonder if some silicon spray would fix that. That is a topic for a different thread though.
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #30
Attico
Wrong way 'round

Oddometer: 1,832
i ride with my dress shoes to work. I just keep a bit of polish and a cloth to buff the shifter mark off.

it's not ATGATT, but I'm not going on any highways. Usually surface streets at 50km/h. I do realize these are probably more dangerous than highway riding, btw...