Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #76
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
i was cleaning up the bike yesterday and took the opportunity to look at the engine mounts again. man, when you look at that crack and calculate how much movement it takes to create it...all i can say is i suggest you inspect that bike very very carefully.
I went over it good after i spotted the bent wheel. It did bend the kick stand too. but who needs a skid plate with that muffler under there. only one dent in it and that sucker took a hit.

Ktmklx.. I think i'm going to slow way down, that was a warning .

Dooga ..Thanks man it's a work in progress.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #77
buls4evr
No Marks....

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmklx View Post
if you keep riding that thing like you have been, better think about some wire wheels!
And a "rider" on your health insurance policy. Just drink while you ride on the other hand.... then the compound fractures do not hurt as badly. At least immediately.

DUDE that is NOT a real dirt bike. Slow down and RYOR. Your buds will wait for you.
buls4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #78
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by buls4evr View Post
DUDE that is NOT a real dirt bike. Slow down and RYOR. Your buds will wait for you.
His "buds" are the ones telling him to get his ass in gear or get out of the way!

I've ridden with 2fast since, what, around 1974? Even when he takes it easy, he's flying! Mountain story, he was following me on his Street Glide down a mountain switch-back road. In one corner, I heard a grinding noise and just KNEW he went down. I looked back, and he was right there dragging the floorboards off that Harley.

"Riding His Own Ride" is quite a few clicks above average.

2fast in green on a real dirt bike - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ykGaAHP4ac
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield

TroyJ650 screwed with this post 06-05-2012 at 08:00 PM
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #79
FistFullofDirt
whistle whistle whistle

Oddometer: 200
I was thinking about that crack on the engine mount. When I was a kid one of the engine mounts on our mini enduro broke off, and after it was welded back up my dad put softer bolts on the mounts. The theory being that the lighter duty bolt would bend or snap rather than taking off a mounting point again. Never broke again that I remember but maybe something like that would actually work? No way of knowing if it really helped or not though, could have broken either way
FistFullofDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #80
I Am Murphy
Vagabond Sportster

Oddometer: 111
Hahahaha wow man! Beautiful work, really cool.
I Am Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #81
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
His "buds" are the ones telling him to get his ass in gear or get out of the way!

I've ridden with 2fast since, what, around 1974? Even when he takes it easy, he's flying! Mountain story, he was following me on his Street Glide down a mountain switch-back road. In one corner, I heard a grinding noise and just KNEW he went down. I looked back, and he was right there dragging the floorboards off that Harley.

"Riding His Own Ride" is quite a few clicks above average.

2fast in green on a real dirt bike - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ykGaAHP4ac
Thanks Troy .... but you was always faster in the woods. Them trees slowed me down.

Buis4evr.. I had to make sure its not a dirt bike. haha my old butt will be slowing down now.

Thanks shakakaan
Old 07-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #82
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Its been so hot in tennessee not much riding going on. I now have around 2100 miles on the big blocks and the back tire might make 3000 but it will be shot. The front tire (really a back tire) is doing ok but starting to cup. I'm thinking i will turn the wheel around and put the rotor on the other side and run the tire backward for a bit and see if that will take some of the cupping out . Any thoughts on this redneck tire saving idea? haha
Old 07-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #83
jdrocks
Gravel Runner

Oddometer: 4,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Its been so hot in tennessee not much riding...Any thoughts on this redneck tire saving idea?
heat stroke?
jdrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #84
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrocks View Post
heat stroke?
Close. 109 here last week.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #85
ktmklx
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 687
I noticed my front Big Block cupping also at 3000 miles. Too bad I was going to buy another BB rear to run with the used front, after seeing the cupping decided to give up on the BB. Bought some TKCs, did not enjoy shelling out that kinda cash for tires, but what are u going do?
ktmklx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #86
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmklx View Post
I noticed my front Big Block cupping also at 3000 miles. Too bad I was going to buy another BB rear to run with the used front, after seeing the cupping decided to give up on the BB. Bought some TKCs, did not enjoy shelling out that kinda cash for tires, but what are u going do?
I'm running 17" wheels with a 130 back tire on the front. I'm going to turn the wheel around and run the tire backwards for a bit and see how that goes.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #87
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Well i found time to get away for a weekend but first i put a new back tire on and turned the front wheel around to try and get some of the cupping out.

Ready to go!!

First stop Waffle house.

Heading to a place in Illinois called Garden of the gods. Had to take a little boat ride.

I don't remember the name of the Forest but it had some good off road trails. Troy checking out the crossing.

Matt and Chuck checking out the trail.

Here is some of the Garden of the gods.

We left the garden and headed to Land between the lakes to camp. I forgot to take any pics of LBL but we had a good time and put about 400 miles on the bikes. Oh... NO more cupping on the front tire.
The Ninja did fine on its first (short) trip and planning on Barbers vintage days in October.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #88
Dastard
Just another guy

Oddometer: 585
I'm probably opening my mouth and proving I'm an idiot here but... I thought conventional wisdom says you are SUPPOSED to run a rear tire backwards when mounted on the front. I don't know if the Kenda BB are directional or not but when braking, a front tire is exposed to similar forces on the rear when accelerating, only the opposite direction, hence the front mounted backward.

By the way. This thing is looking wicked. I don't suppose you could mount a close picture of how you mounted your lights and gauges?

D
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #89
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastard View Post
I'm probably opening my mouth and proving I'm an idiot here but... I thought conventional wisdom says you are SUPPOSED to run a rear tire backwards when mounted on the front. I don't know if the Kenda BB are directional or not but when braking, a front tire is exposed to similar forces on the rear when accelerating, only the opposite direction, hence the front mounted backward.

By the way. This thing is looking wicked. I don't suppose you could mount a close picture of how you mounted your lights and gauges?

D
You could be right but the big blocks are directional and the way the knobbies are cut to clean itself i think you would mount it as if it was on the back. Didn't seem to matter on the road.

I used the stock Ninja headlight mount and modified it to fit the Ruckus headlight. Pretty easy fit.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #90
2fast4u OP
Studly Adventurer

LBL had there annual two day 250 mile dual sport ride. I was able to ride the first day which was 160 miles and 90 of that was single track. It rained a lot the night before and was very muddy, My friend was on a DRZ400 and was riding with some other dirt bikes in front of me . He would text me after he was thru a section and tell me how bad it was. I skipped the worst ones but still had a hard time in spots. One section i pretty much dog peddle the Ninja the whole 12 miles. Later in the day the terrain became rocky and the Ninja did ok. I ended up riding 110 miles of it and i think i could have ridden it all if it had not rained. Had a blast and can't wait till next year. OH i was the only Ninja there.