Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #91
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer: 7,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonie View Post
Google doesn't seem to know of a road called the Canberra Tumut Road, nor where the Goodrabidgee river is about 8 k's from it. May I please have some precise directions so I can program me new fangled satellite navigation device what I bought.

Doon.

Assuming that you're heading to Tumut then through to the rally from there, take the first turn-off to Canberra out of Tumut,
Should be sign-posted either Canberra Rd. or Brindabella Rd
Don't take the Yass Rd as it will take you through Wee Jasper, nice place but heading away from the rally site,

Bridge over Goodradigbee River looking east [direction from Tumut],

@ turn-off down to rally, about 8kms from there, one creek crossing,

Turn-off into the site is on your right as you come down the road, seen in between Jerry & myself in the above photo
How many heading up with you? what day will you get there? No fuel between Tumut & Canberra either.
Cheers
Baza

hunter_greyghost screwed with this post 06-03-2012 at 04:12 AM
hunter_greyghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:44 AM   #92
Doonie OP
Monarch 92

Oddometer: 629
Thanks.

I got the co-ordinates off the bimmer site, googled 'em then downloaded that ta me Garmin and I hope ta turn up there in the early arvo of next saturdee, after a blinda of an evenin' in or near Tintaldra Fridee, with a whole buncha mates.

Doon

Old 06-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #93
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
I got the co-ordinates off the bimmer site, googled 'em then downloaded that ta me Garmin and I hope ta turn up there in the early arvo of next saturdee, after a blinda of an evenin' in or near Tintaldra Fridee, with a whole buncha mates.

Doon

The track through the paddock should be well worn by then!
See ya when ya get there, travel safe
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #94
Eaglebeak
Aussie BM rider, West Oz.

Oddometer: 1,832
Lucky bastards, so many rallies over east.
Eaglebeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:00 AM   #95
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglebeak View Post
Lucky bastards, so many rallies over east.
Must be a few over there, big enough state to have them
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #96
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,444
Heading over mid afternoon bbq plates chicken nibbles slaw faxe's and sepo honey. On G/S's

There are some chewed up roads in the Brindies (not the main drag though)

Old 06-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #97
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 932
Hey guys,

I'm coming up from east VIC, current route plan is:

-Barry Way to Jindabyne, then Eucumbene

-Happy Jacks Road/Tabletop Mountain Firetrail From Eucumbene to Snowy Mountains Hwy

-Then off the Hwy, North on Long Plain Rd to McLeods Firetrail, then follow that to the rally site (more or less)

Anyone familiar with these roads? Sounds like a good route?
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 PM   #98
Woody2627
Skinny Decaf Latte Thanks

Oddometer: 818
I was down the Barry last week and it has just been done up, so after this rain it will be pretty slippery. It depends on when the rain stops. The Happy Jacks road Is a no go, locked at Eucumbene Cove at the park entry. You will have to go from Jindabyne to Adaminiby and then on to Rules Point to join up with the Long Plain rd. The Long Plain road will probably be pretty slippery as well, what are you like riding in snow? There are a few alternatives with plenty of dirt if want.
Woody2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #99
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2627 View Post
I was down the Barry last week and it has just been done up, so after this rain it will be pretty slippery. It depends on when the rain stops. The Happy Jacks road Is a no go, locked at Eucumbene Cove at the park entry. You will have to go from Jindabyne to Adaminiby and then on to Rules Point to join up with the Long Plain rd. The Long Plain road will probably be pretty slippery as well, what are you like riding in snow? There are a few alternatives with plenty of dirt if want.

Plus all the watercourses are gunna been running pretty well after this drop of rain we're getting here @ the moment too!
Maybe up through Namagee national park
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #100
Jdeks
Departed

Oddometer: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody2627 View Post
Great, thanks for the reply, just what I was after. Looks like my route might be a bit ill-advised. maybe I should to Omeo then Mt Hope Road to Alpine Way, instead of the Barry way/Happy Jacks plan?

I'm coming up from Sale, in VIC, on a 950 Adventure. Happy to hear any suggestions. Never ridden in snow before, but willing to give it a crack.

Oh, do I need to pay in advance for this shindig, or can I pay when I arrive?

Thanks again!
Jdeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #101
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdeks View Post
Great, thanks for the reply, just what I was after. Looks like my route might be a bit ill-advised. maybe I should to Omeo then Mt Hope Road to Alpine Way, instead of the Barry way/Happy Jacks plan?

I'm coming up from Sale, in VIC, on a 950 Adventure. Happy to hear any suggestions. Never ridden in snow before, but willing to give it a crack.

Oh, do I need to pay in advance for this shindig, or can I pay when I arrive?

Thanks again!
Just look for Henning, bloke in the sherpa hat in the photo

ask around & you'll find him easily, pay when find him
Cheers
Baza
Old 06-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #102
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,267
Long Plain Rd gets closed around this long weekend, but I dunno if it's at the start or the end of the weekend.
If you go that way, follow it all the way to the Canb-Tumut rd, otherwise you may end up well bogged on a dead-end track up there somewhere (and i'm not coming looking for ya either, it's too bloody cold).

Personally I'd go up through Namadgi Nat Park, still gravel but less chance of striking the horrid wet clay and the big 4WD bog-holes and ruts.
GodSilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #103
Woody2627
Skinny Decaf Latte Thanks

Oddometer: 818
They close it after the long weekend, but I reckon yer right, Namadji would be the way to go.
Woody2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:03 AM   #104
Doonie OP
Monarch 92

Oddometer: 629
Been a bit of rain in the east of vic. Anybody thinkin' of goin that way might wanna check the Vic Roads Flood guide.

I still have time to change my mind five or six times yet.

Doon.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #105
hunter_greyghost
XS650 Allroads Traveller

Quote:
Been a bit of rain in the east of vic. Anybody thinkin' of goin that way might wanna check the Vic Roads Flood guide.

I still have time to change my mind five or six times yet.

Doon.
So you're a Libran too?, or just confused with making a choice
Just get your arse up here, no excuses,
unlike some blokes who just live over the hill!
Cheers
Baza