User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Travelling Sam OP
Travelling Sam

Oddometer: 127
Motorcycle Travel Books

Just wondering if you are short of something to read? If so, perhaps have a look at my books. There are 4 which stem from an 8 year 200,000 mile journey around the world. I was lucky enough to visit 55 countries on the journey. The 4 books take you through the different continents on the ride.

In them I write about all the things that I think go to making a journey like this. You'll find riding (of course), lots about the people met along the way, the mad things that happen, snippets of history and culture and well, I also write about the things that went wrong - sometimes down to my own ignorance or sheer stupidity! I'd only passed my test 6 weeks before I got to the edge of the Sahara.

I'd never intended to write books when I set off but I did write some magazine articles and readers were writing into the editor and saying, "We like Sam's articles, when is his book coming out?" I'd have been daft not to try and thankfully the first book in the series 'Into Africa' was well received and so the next three slowly came out. My aim? Share the fun of the road. It's a magic thing to be able to do.

A help to anyone thinking about trying one is that The Book Depository does free worldwide delivery.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #2
Travelling Sam OP
Travelling Sam

Oddometer: 127
Yep, well I know, this has a Christmas note to it! Middle of November and doing it? I have Christmas present lists and postage times in mind. The latter especially for anyone who is interested and is out of the UK.

If you've not read any of my books, there are loads of excerpts on the website. If you are on FB, then this LINK may well be of interest.

Anyone who is outside of the Uk and would like a copy needs to go to The Book Depository link. These guys do FREE Worldwide delivery!!!!

I very much hope no one minds me posting the word here.

PS All the books are on Kindle and both Into Africa and Under Asian Skies are now out as Audio books for download. That means they aren't abridged! You can listen to sample chapters on the links.

I hope you enjoy the adventures.

8 years, 200,000 miles around the world. 4 books.
Attached Images