Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #211
fractalsource
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
2011 DRZ 400 s - No. Not enough fuel range with stock tank. Bike rides too high. Maxes out at 80 mph on the road. Engine sounds clanky.

2011 F800GS - No. Non adjustable forks. Clacking floating front brake disks. Costs too much.

fractalsource screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 01:19 PM Reason: added year
fractalsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #212
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Super Tenere and yes i would buy it again. I will buy a few more bikes but not because the S10 is bad an leaving. The S10 has a home for a very very long time. I just want a smaller off road bike and a sport bike.

Geology Rocks screwed with this post 12-09-2012 at 05:10 PM
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #213
dirtyron
never grew up

Oddometer: 253
98 ducati 900ss final edition BIG YES, hey its the sausage creature. torque handling sound looks name and fuel mileage comparable to a 250. other sport bikes have come and gone but this one ,,what more can i say
dirtyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #214
ph0rk
Doesn't Care

Oddometer: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKip View Post
I have another, related question.

If you still love your one and only bike, and would definitely buy it again; Is one bike enough?
That needs a new thread :)
Old 12-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #215
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,752
950 Super Enduro: Never plan on getting rid of it so no need to buy again.

The Uly: Actually bought one again. Absolutely love these bikes, quirks and all.
hooliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #216
mjr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
No. 2013 Tiger 800xc..... nothing but problems.
mjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #217
Katze
Full Time Rider

Oddometer: 235
Yes .......................
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #218
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 561
I've been riding since 1964 so discussing all my bikes would be pointless. but of the two I own now, I would buy both again.

I got my '02 Caponord virtually as new for a song from a friend and ride it in poor weather or when I want a break from the Duc, which isn't often. It is smooth, competent, quiet and reliable and was such a bargain that I don't have the heart to sell it. Also excellent two up. But it is not exciting.
I bought the Multistrada Touring thinking it would replace the Capo, and justified it by telling my wife I'd sell the Aprilia, but I lied. In fact it is probably the one bike I really need and is everything the Capo is plus a lot more fun to ride with performance surpassing my needs . I didn't expect to service it myself except for fluid changes, so that's a non-issue for me.

I had a number of bikes I wish I hadn't sold, but mostly because they're almost all classics and worth more now; actually thinking about riding most of them leaves me nonplussed . The Ducati is a blast to ride; hope it treats me right because as it is, it works perfectly for what I want to do; long rides with ucompromised performance. It's a great ride. I'm thinking I'd like a Rotax powered Tuono and will probably do that when/if I sell the Capo.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #219
glass3222
StromTrooper

Oddometer: 79
2012 Suzuki DL650...Yes, perfect bike for me for the price. Been very reliable, good gas mileage, enough power to be fun but not enough to get me in much trouble.
glass3222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #220
Snr Moment
Unafarkler

Oddometer: 2,189

2009 Uly XT - used to be red.
Made the mistake of selling it to try a new adventure. Bought a KLX250S and converted it to a trash pile in the Bitterroot Mountains a year and a half ago. Did the same to myself. Have finally been cleared to ride again and am looking at other bikes, but can't keep this one out of my head. Had it set up to do 95% of the riding I wanted. May go with one by next summer.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #221
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer: 1,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
No. 2013 Tiger 800xc..... nothing but problems.
Really? More info please.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #222
mjr
Adventurer

I won't bore you w/ the dealer issues & other bike issues. But this is the tipping point for me. The bike has 750 miles on it & it's started randomly blowing the (#4 rear fuse block) engine management fuse; causing the bike to immediately stop running. I'm dealing directly with Triumph now.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #223
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
I won't bore you w/ the dealer issues & other bike issues. But this is the tipping point for me. The bike has 750 miles on it & it's started randomly blowing the (#4 rear fuse block) engine management fuse; causing the bike to immediately stop running. I'm dealing directly with Triumph now.
thats 1 problem with the bike right? bikes are machines. sometimes things go wrong. they really are great bikes. i would give it some more time if i were you. check the lemon laws. maybe a new bike is in order.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #224
mjr
Adventurer

Like I said.. that was the tipping point.... the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I understand that these are machines & things happen. I also know when I'm getting the runaround by a dealer that's not worth a shit. That's why I'm trying to work with Triumph... We'll see what happens. Lemon laws do not apply to motorcycles in florida. So I have to go after them myself. Keep in mind this is a 2013 bike. Was anything changed in the harness or boxes after 2012? Did they change parts suppliers? These are things I'm trying to find out. Besides you tell me if you would be ok with riding a bike in traffic that has a proven & documented history of blowing fuses & shutting off while in motion. Big time liability on their part if it blows & I get hit (or worse). Just because most of these are good bikes does not mean this one is.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #225
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Like I said.. that was the tipping point.... the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I understand that these are machines & things happen. I also know when I'm getting the runaround by a dealer that's not worth a shit. That's why I'm trying to work with Triumph... We'll see what happens. Lemon laws do not apply to motorcycles in florida. So I have to go after them myself. Keep in mind this is a 2013 bike. Was anything changed in the harness or boxes after 2012? Did they change parts suppliers? These are things I'm trying to find out. Besides you tell me if you would be ok with riding a bike in traffic that has a proven & documented history of blowing fuses & shutting off while in motion. Big time liability on their part if it blows & I get hit (or worse). Just because most of these are good bikes does not mean this one is.
without dealer support it is hard to enjoy a bike. it can definitely make or break your experience. sorry for that. i hope the outcome is in your favor. in my experience Triumph has been good to work with so hopefully that carries over to your case. the XC is a great bike i would defiantly buy one again.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote