User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #31
950TRANSALP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 794
Eek ummmm?

I would be more concerned that running your motor w.o. oil is going to nuke the bearings .......

Am I wrong ? !

Calling CJ designs , input please ...
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
wingysataday OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
Your pressure plate does not have signs of friction with anything. There is nothing else to rub to the clutch cover. Could it have had an incident of loose pressure bolt?
This is not my photo.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #33
wingysataday OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 950TRANSALP View Post
I would be more concerned that running your motor w.o. oil is going to nuke the bearings .......

Am I wrong ? !

Calling CJ designs , input please ...

There is oil in the bike. It was just changed. When I was running the bike with the cover off it was flinging all over the place, hence the camera moving alot.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #34
wingysataday OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfehrmann View Post
There is a thin spacer and spring, (the convex spacer) installed in the inner most basket and 1 clutch fiber that
has a larger inner diameter to accommodate that spring and spacer. Did the new clutch fibers have that one odd ball?
That might be part of the problem if a full fiber is on top of those 2 spacers. If it is a full fiber pull those 2 pieces out
and give it a try thats how I run them in my recluse, or install the one odd ball fiber you replaced with that thin spacer
and spring.

Also given where the bleeder is on the slave it's very hard to get the air out in my experience.

Yes oiled plates have resistance when trying to pick them straight off each other.
This was quite helpful. When I get back in town I will try this! My clutch cover is barely getting eatin into Maybe a few thausanths.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #35
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,555
Sorry but back to square 1

Your problem is the clutch compression plate rubbing on the outer clutch cover?
If this is the case something is not sitting properly, or a surplus washer is at the base of the inner clutch basket. The number of the clutch plates cannot affect the overall clutch depth, since the clutch pressure plate is mounted on the inner clutch basket and not on the clutch plates. Can't think of anything else. Hope that helps.
Cheers.
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office April 18 to 27
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #36
El Mago
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfehrmann View Post
There is a thin spacer and spring, (the convex spacer) installed in the inner most basket and 1 clutch fiber that
has a larger inner diameter to accommodate that spring and spacer. Did the new clutch fibers have that one odd ball?
That might be part of the problem if a full fiber is on top of those 2 spacers. If it is a full fiber pull those 2 pieces out
and give it a try thats how I run them in my recluse, or install the one odd ball fiber you replaced with that thin spacer
and spring.

Also given where the bleeder is on the slave it's very hard to get the air out in my experience.

Yes oiled plates have resistance when trying to pick them straight off each other.

+1 I have a Rekluse and experienced this problem... So this may not be your solution, but... The innermost plate has a larger inner diameter than the other plates and there are two washers/spacers (one beveled - IIRC they're called the clutch boss and clutch boss spring) that are supposed to sit inside that innermost plate. Its super hard to get them to sit in there properly as there isn't any shoulder for them to sit on. Mine had worked there way out of the inner diameter space and between the first two plates... No matter how many times I bled the clutch I could not get the bike to shift smooth, even with clutch pulled in, and I had no auto-clutch through the Rekluse.

When putting it all back together I still couldn't get those spacers to seat properly so I called the guys at Rekluse. They said it was a known problem and to just remove those two spacers - they have a 950 with 20k+ miles and no issues like that. Now my clutch rattles a bit at take off but settles down quickly, shifts smooth, and the Rekluse auto clutch works as well. I've put on more than 13,000 miles running like this.

Again, I know you don't have a Rekluse, but this sounds like your problem.

'10 KTM 990 R
El Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #37
wingysataday OP
Studly Adventurer

I think your right. I have replaced the clutch with an ebc and will check when I get home
Old 05-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #38
Dustodust
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748

#10 is a different larger diameter, also be sure the bellevile washer and thrust washer are in place
Old 05-14-2012, 05:06 PM   #39
wingysataday OP
Studly Adventurer

I ditched the flat shim or washer and only used the convex washer and it is fixed! I was topped out on my adjustment on the clutch master cylinder and now I am backed out almost to the end! Much better no chatter and it works perfect! Thanks thanks thansk!!