Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #46
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1000 View Post
I feel like I've overcomplicated riding by trying to get the perfect motorcycle. I still haven't found it yet.
Uffff!!!...That hit alittle close ta home!!

btw...I've pretty much decided that the chopper is a gonner!

www.artworks-unlimited.com

Patrick46 screwed with this post 05-12-2012 at 09:10 PM
Patrick46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #47
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,805
Honda

I once owned a Goldwing 1200 with aftermarket windshield and bags. I really wanted the experience and after a week of
commuitng the santa Cruz mountains in California I couldn't wait tog et rid of it. For me it was hands down the worst ride I ever owned, I felt like a flea on an elephant and shoving it through turns freaked me out. I learned that my tolerance for size is limited. By contrast my modern Bonneville, chain drive and all, has turned out to be perfect for me. Weird but true, the best ride among dozens of bikes I've owned in 40 years riding and touring.

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #48
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
After 125 interstate miles yesterday in the rain on the KLR, wind gusting out of the east, west, south and north, changing about every 45 seconds, caught in tractor trailer turbulence and buffeted from every direction, with a pulled muscle under my right shoulder blade, no, I haven't found myself ever too isolated from the ride.

Woke up this morning wondering if some of you fuckers ever get up and say, this beds just too comfortable, I'll just sleep on the hardwood floor from now on.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #49
scrannel
Scrannel

Oddometer: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by perterra View Post
After 125 interstate miles yesterday in the rain on the KLR, wind gusting out of the east, west, south and north, changing about every 45 seconds, caught in tractor trailer turbulence and buffeted from every direction, with a pulled muscle under my right shoulder blade, no, I haven't found myself ever too isolated from the ride.

Woke up this morning wondering if some of you fuckers ever get up and say, this beds just too comfortable, I'll just sleep on the hardwood floor from now on.
Pussy.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #50
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
Pussy.

Yep.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #51
Gwingryder
n00b

Oddometer: 2
I sure did, I took a long trip on my road king and thought how much nicer it would be to have a full fairing. So I sold the road king over the winter and bought a Goldwing. I'll tell you what the Wing is the best over 70 mile per hour highway bike on the planet . That being said anything under 55mph felt like I was driving a convertible . Three months after buying the Wing I traded it for a Softail Slim and I'm so glad to be back in the wind.
Gwingryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #52
kraher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:

Loving that post! And loving this thread...It rings true for me.

Actually, I adored my KLR before I crashed it. For whatever reason I replaced it with an R1200GSA and have been complaining about how boring it is for years now. The problem I have is, when my heart works up the courage to sell it, my damn brain shows up and spoils the party..something about no other bike is as logical for my current riding...some bullshit like that.

Definitely notice the trend of this thread though: Fun = (Power + Sound) * (1/(Wind Protection + Weight)). I think I'll go buy a Street Triple or Monster.
kraher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #53
Superzoom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraher View Post
Definitely notice the trend of this thread though: Fun = (Power + Sound) * (1/(Wind Protection + Weight)). I think I'll go buy a Street Triple or Monster.
Love your formula, but simplified it to this for you:

Fun = (Power + Sound) / (Wind Protection + Weight)

I would probably have a formula like this:

Fun = (Torque Curve + Character) / (Turbulence + Wind Protection + Weight)
Superzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #54
Slappy00
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:

Haha +1

/former 09 KLR owner
Slappy00 is offline   Reply With Quote