User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,553
Fuel Stabilizer

I have a problem with fuel going " off" in the float bowl of two bikes that are not being used at present. They are " for sale" since my accident. I usually start them every two weeks but this morning neither wanted to start until I drained the float bowl and added some fresh BP to the tank. The dained fuel smells strange.

I heard of a product that supposedly addresses this issue. Super Cheap Auto chain stocks it but I don't know the product's name. Has anyone experience with this or similar products?
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #2
Big Red
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
I occasionally have the same issue with my old Honda if it's more than a week and a half between rides (which it usually isn't, but on those times it is ...

The best, and simplest answer I came across was to turn the fuel off a few hundred meters from home, so by the time I'm through the gate and into the shed the bowls are almost dry. Next startup, they get fresh fuel straight away. On the odd occasion I forget to do that AND the bike then sat for a week and a bit, I have to drain the bowls too (...and sometimes stick jumper leads on after having cranked the battery down in frustration!)
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
stujamur
Havin the craic

Oddometer: 1,143
I have used the super cheap fuel saver -i use it regularly on my ct110 and have used it on my fi husky. Works as it should ...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #4
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
I have a problem with fuel going " off" in the float bowl of two bikes that are not being used at present. They are " for sale" since my accident. I usually start them every two weeks but this morning neither wanted to start until I drained the float bowl and added some fresh BP to the tank. The dained fuel smells strange.

I heard of a product that supposedly addresses this issue. Super Cheap Auto chain stocks it but I don't know the product's name. Has anyone experience with this or similar products?

The best stuff is called Stabil dont know if Super Cheap have it but it keeps fuel fresh for 1 year
Old 05-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,930
I picked up a bottle of Stabil from my local Repco dealer. Supercheap do stock it.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Oz Nutter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,168
Moreys, its not a stabiliser but..

i've been using Morey's injector cleaner/uppercylinder lube in my fuel, seems to improve performance, starting.
Also park my bikes on conveyer rubber during winter, makes for easier starting.
Have used lanilon spray (from sheep's wool) to start stubborn bikes, spray on air cleaner/in airbox, they fire straight up.
Oz Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
DRRambler
AKA Albertastrom

Oddometer: 839
BG Products makes a quality fuel stabilizer called supercharge. I checked the BG website and there is a distributor in Australia. You would have to check with them to see where you could buy it. I have used BG products since 1994 and liked them so much I started working for them 12 years ago.
DRRambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
TcRulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
Seafoam

Seafoam's the product the yanks rave about but not sure if you can get it over hear. It's the first thing they seem to put in their petrol if bikes no running right.
TcRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
XRman OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,553
Thanks

I ususally do remember to run the float bowl dry. But I forgot last time ( I had a group of ADv riders coming over for a BBQ) and yes I drained the battery of one bike before I gave up and drained the float bowls.

My mechanic reckons that they design bikes by placing a carbie in space then building as much stuff around it so that you cant access it. I am starting to believe Suzuki actually does this!

I will try some of the Stabil. Thanks
XRman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
JohnG.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz Nutter View Post
i've been using Morey's injector cleaner/uppercylinder lube in my fuel, seems to improve performance, starting.
Also park my bikes on conveyer rubber during winter, makes for easier starting.
Have used lanilon spray (from sheep's wool) to start stubborn bikes, spray on air cleaner/in airbox, they fire straight up.
Have used this stuff for ages,really good for cleaning carbs/injectors and seems to quieten valves...
...noticeable crispier response and happy steady idle.
Also after I buy a bike I crawl all over the wiring harness with WD40 or something similiar...
...and leave chain and wheels greasy,even smear some on fork tubes...well it cant hurt
Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #11
DR-DRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG. View Post
WD40 or something similiar...
...and leave chain and wheels greasy,even smear some on fork tubes...well it cant hurt
Except dust sticks to it
Old 05-06-2012, 02:34 AM   #12
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,083
Thumb New product - from C.U. Cumming Engineering: The "Fuel Stabilizer"

Have you - like thousands of adventure riders the world over - been plagued by handling problems on your motorcycle?
Does your DR 650 find it difficult to blast through the whoops at the local MX track.
Is your GS 1200 a handfull when trying to keep straight in the wheel ruts of your favourite single track enduro loop?
Does your V-strom exhibit that dreaded "headshake" phenomenon when traversing those sof bulldust riddled outback roads...?!

Well ladies and gentlemen, your answers have been prayered!
Presenting the all-new, revolutionary FUEL STABILIZER from C.M. Cumming Engineering Ltd. (subsidiary of WOFTAM Industries Pty Ltd).

For years now the OEM motorcycle equipment and after-market accessory manufacturers in our industry
have tried to convince adventure riders that the less than optimal handling characteristics exhibited by
their overladen, pannier bag/topbox toting, 200 kg plus reserve fuel tank two wheeled land yachts are the
effects of various three dimensional (acceleration, inertia, & centrifugal) kinetic and gravitational forces
inflicted upon the suspension and steering of said motorcycle. These very manufacturers have marketed
and sold an array of products, including; emolutionator valves, pre-regressive spring sets, bi-forked bypass
cartidges and hydraulic steering damperener kits in order to remedy the shortcomings in adventure motorcycle handling and stability.

That is untill now...! ADVENTURE RIDERS OF THE WORLD - NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!

In a very unique (and high security) research project - a collaboration between CM. Cumming Engineering Ltd and NASA -
researchers set about to prove that much of the inherrent "instability" exhibited by modern adventure motorcycles in fact,
has absolutely NOTHING to do with suspension or steering dynamics... nor the obscene amount of luggage carried upon them...
but in fact is closely linked to the "stability" of the large volumes of fuel carried on these type of vehicles!

In the past, crude attempts have been made to address these factors by some engineers in the field; using various means...
such as baffles in auxilliary tanks or foam filled fuel cells. But these solutions merely serve to compensate for the "kinetic" energy
given off by the "half full" fuel reserves. A band-aid cure if you will.

The technicians and astro-physicists at C.M. Cumming and NASA have discovered that more that 84% of the instability that occurs
in adventure motorcycle fuel cells, is at a fundamental "molecular" level;

The RESULT of this molecucular hydro-carbon instability, often manifests itself in an inability to maintain forward upright motion... aka: "wobble and fall over"...

The science behind this new and revolutionary breakthrough in adventure motorcycle handling technology is fascinating;

The scientists at C.M. Cumming and NASA embarked upon a joint experimental test program to evaluate the effects of twin swirlcan
fuel stabilizer design, to enhance the inert fuel stability and stoichiometric fuel-air ratios, both in regards to combustion chamber performance and gas emissions
in both conventional and "race pipe" equipped engines.

Using C.M. Cummings very own patented "BIG bang" fuel additive, significant steps forward were recently made in the field of molecular fuel storage stability;

Results showed not ONLY great potential for both increased handling AND performance... but also a significant reduction in the measured
emission of nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, unburned hydrocarbons and an INCREASE in the percentage of fresh hot air produced!
In other words... the answer to every adventure riders dreams!

Proudly presenting the C.U. Cumming - Fuel Unburned Hydro-Carbon Kit - Engine Rebreather Stabilizer

The twin swirl-can design fuel unburned hydro-carbon kit engine rebreather stabilizer (FUHCK-ERS) system has received
considerable attention as a design suitable for reducing the kinetic forces of fall down emissions. However, the primary
application for swirl-can combustor technology has always been in terms of improving the "go fast and handle good" co-efficient.
Certain design features of the swirl-can combustor make it ideal for adventure riding applications:

(1) An "inline" pre filter; consisting of a number of fuel injection/flameout modules distributes the stabilized fuel uniformly
across the ahnulus of the fuel injection module (there is a retro fit kit also available for those infidels who still have carburetor equipped motorcycles ).
Increasing stability.

(2) The quick mixing of burning gases and diluent air occurs because the swirl-can combustor fits neatly between the primary combustion chamber
and the interfacial mixing venturi mounted adjacent to the ehaust chamber or "race pipe".
Increasing performance.

(3) The shorted combustion time duration and the recirculation effects of the burning and re-mixing of unspent fiscal resources,
means that the C.U. Cumming FUHCK-ERS system also significantly reduces the amount of purchasing power in your seat pocket.
Increased profitability.

Swirl-can combustors have been investigated for several years at the WOFTAM Research Center.
Initial tests of swirl-can combustors to near-stoichiometric fuel/air ratios, were reported to have obtained levels of performance that were;
QUOTE 1: "About as useful as a cigarette lighter on a jet-ski".

However, the near stoichiometric validity of these previous studies was limited by the fact that the scientist were insufficiently remunerated
in order to provide credible findings.

NASA factory riders during proto-type testing:

Both V-twin and boxer-twin cylinder configurations of the fuel stabilizer swirl-can combustion system have been developed
as part of the NASA/C.U. Cumming joint venture. Results of the design teams research and development program showed
no significant difference in the percentage performance increase or emissions; between single, twin-cyl or opposed cylinder configurations...

...other than the fact they lightened the riders wallet to the tune of about to 1500 AUD .

The CU. Cumming FUHCK-ERS system comes in a simple DIY kit form;

Comprised of the state of the art pre-ignition system module:

The CNC machined combustion chamber/racepipe interface venturi:

And a patented "poo-foo valve";

The whole kit comes with it's own "easy to read" DIY fitting instructions;

And self explanatory wiring diagram;

Of course to create the amount of "ambient molecular density" in the fuel storage chamber
does require that it be pressurized to approximately 200 psi...

Which means that the fuel stabilizer system is largely dependant upon our "FUHCK-ERS servo-aggregate"
to pressurize the fuel in the tank to the necessary level;

There is an optional tow hitch available for the servo-aggregate unit, or for those adventure riders already experiencing troubles getting all the necessary luggage on board,
for those arduous trips down to the coffee house... maybe we can interest you in one of our patented new NASA/C.U. Cumming "adventure trailers";

Yes folks... "fuel stabilizers" the next "you can't do without one" item for adventure riders everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."

troy safari carpente screwed with this post 05-06-2012 at 02:44 AM
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #13
ECKS-Man
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 832
Holy shit Troy mate, you snowed in and experiencing cabin fever?!

FAF!!

Well done old chap!

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #14
sidetrack one
Boss STAG

Oddometer: 4,896
Are you saying it might be a gee up Troy?

sidetrack one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #15
troy safari carpente
Team f5ool

Oddometer: 18,083
A subsidiary of Namibia Savings, Providence and Insurance Ltd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidetrack bob View Post
Are you saying it might be a gee up Troy?

Nah mate... not at all...

I'm the agent for them... you want to be the first guy on Oz ADV with one...??

I take all credit cards and bank card over the phone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenjen
"It's like deja vu all over again."

Quote:
Originally posted by PBee
"...the Barstid never gives you anything for your Sig line, it's always too long........."
troy safari carpente is offline   Reply With Quote