Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
MtnRider2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2alaska View Post
Just go to a bigger size, thats what I did with my street boots, I have the same problem, my mx boots are old tech 6 and they are very wide in the ankle and fit very well with the proper size, hope this helps.
I wear a 42.5 (8 1/2-9) and tried on my friends 14 1/2 A* supertech and they were not even close to fitting my calves.
MtnRider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
atravlr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Sidis?

I am a 18 and half without socks . The 12 and 1/2 "s Fit well once broken in after a few rides.
atravlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,445
Send this inmate a PM he might be able to help.
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:13 AM   #19
wiz.au
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
I'm 5'8" 275lb. (175cm and 125kg) and my calves are 19.7in/50cm (I say from being a competition weight lifter!)

I wear Alpine Star Tech 6's in EUR45.5, US11. They JUST fit with Thor Phase in-boot MX pants, and fit better with over the boot pants. The velcro tab at the top doesn't quite make it, but the buckles snap up OK. Where the neoprene web folds in, sometimes the outer hard shell doesn't quite join up, and you can see a gap, and the neoprene. I have no hope of getting a shin/knee guard or knee brace in there as well.

I also tried on a pair of AXO Boxers, and they were close, but had to get a size too large for my feet, to get a size that would go around my leg.

The SG10's were on my short list to try as my Tech6's now smell like a cat's pissed in them after all the river and creek crossings I did two weeks ago! Also got two rashes under each ankle in the same place on both feet. Think it's time to dispose of them!
wiz.au is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #20
KradmelderSA
Banned

Oddometer: 846
Im 95 kg and not fat, just stocky build with large calves from playing rugby as a front row forward. I battled with boots as well. The BMW rallye boots wont fit my calf. Sidi crossfires just too tight and narrow. The Gaerne 10s are perfect.
KradmelderSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:11 PM   #21
blake716 OP
nine toes

Oddometer: 10,391
The boots that didn't fit made it back to Rocky Mountain MC yesterday.
I just got off the phone with them and they're shipping out my Gaerne SG-10's today.
They should be here by Monday. I'll post back when I see how they fit.
I also ordered over the boot pants, so that should help too.

We shall see.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #22
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake716 View Post
The boots that didn't fit made it back to Rocky Mountain MC yesterday.
I just got off the phone with them and they're shipping out my Gaerne SG-10's today.
They should be here by Monday. I'll post back when I see how they fit.
I also ordered over the boot pants, so that should help too.

We shall see.
they have to be pretty wide to fit over the SG-10s. My Rallye 3 pants barely fit but the zips wont close, the velcro starp barely. Wearing them inside the boot is just too uncomfortable.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:55 AM   #23
blake716 OP
nine toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KradmelderSA View Post
they have to be pretty wide to fit over the SG-10s. My Rallye 3 pants barely fit but the zips wont close, the velcro starp barely. Wearing them inside the boot is just too uncomfortable.
Yeah, I read about people having problems with that on another forum.
I ordered the cheap pants (A.R.C. brand) from Rocky Mountain MC, so if they have to be butchered, then re-sewn, it's no biggie. I wanted some Klim pants because I heard they fit over Gaerne's pretty good, but I've been spending a lot of money lately, so I decided to go cheap on jacket and pants. I just got a new helmet too, but I didn't go cheap on that.

I'm just really ready to get all of my shit in and take a trip!
After a 5+ years off from motorcycling, I'm itching to start riding again.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #24
KradmelderSA
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I read about people having problems with that on another forum.
I ordered the cheap pants (A.R.C. brand) from Rocky Mountain MC, so if they have to be butchered, then re-sewn, it's no biggie. I wanted some Klim pants because I heard they fit over Gaerne's pretty good, but I've been spending a lot of money lately, so I decided to go cheap on jacket and pants. I just got a new helmet too, but I didn't go cheap on that.

I'm just really ready to get all of my shit in and take a trip!
After a 5+ years off from motorcycling, I'm itching to start riding again.
Well those are good priorities: your feet and your head. When you have spare cash you can upgrade the rest. You will like the SG10s.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #25
chorizo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
I feel your pain. Always had to duct tape because the velcro barley touched. And on the street I look like a goose stepping
you know what.
chorizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
blake716 OP
nine toes

Thumb Update

I got my boots in today!

I gotta say, I'm very pleased.

As I said before, my calves measure exactly 19" or 48.26 cm (if you're from the other side of the pond)

It was a little snug buckling them, but once buckled they fit very good.
And I know they'll loosen up a bit after riding in them.
Still, I don't know if they'd fit with pants tucked in. I haven't tried my MX pants yet.

Photobucket

Photobucket

For those who are having a problem getting their over-the-boot pants to fit over their boots......
The "A.R.C. Back Country Foul Weather" pants from Rocky Mountain MC are perfect.
They're well built, and the best part.... They're only $80.00!
These pants will go over the boots without even unzipping the legs.
Oh, and just FYI, A.R.C. also makes a matching jacket that is also well built, and it's only $80.00 too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all, I'm very happy and I can't wait to go riding with my new gear.
We rode just under 200 miles yesterday and I wore jeans and work boots and the inside of my legs were starting to get raw. This is gonna be a huge improvement!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 AM   #27
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer: 11,849
I have a 19" calf as well, but as an added bonus, I also wear a size 12 4E! Do you think those boots would accommodate by wide foot?
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:15 AM   #28
blake716 OP
nine toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
I have a 19" calf as well, but as an added bonus, I also wear a size 12 4E! Do you think those boots would accommodate by wide foot?
If I had to guess, I'd say yes. I wear a size 10 and have a wide foot. A lot of the reviews I read say how roomy the boot is. If there's a place you can go to try them on, that would be the best way to do it. I didn't have that option.
I couldn't find a bike shop in my area that had these boots for me to try on. I just took a chance and got lucky.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #29
jub jub
frumiousbandersnatch

Oddometer: 11,849
Quote:
If I had to guess, I'd say yes. I wear a size 10 and have a wide foot. A lot of the reviews I read say how roomy the boot is. If there's a place you can go to try them on, that would be the best way to do it. I didn't have that option.
I couldn't find a bike shop in my area that had these boots for me to try on. I just took a chance and got lucky.
I've ordered at least 5 pair of boots over the period of several months. Sent them all back. Finally bought a pair of work boots that lace up. I was able to try them on so made the decision to buy them an easy one. Now that I've had a chance to try them out, I don't really like them because of the aggressive soul and heel. They dig into the pegs and make moving around difficult.

I'll give the ones you have a try. Hopefully they'll fit. Thanks!
jub jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #30
blake716 OP
nine toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jub jub View Post
I've ordered at least 5 pair of boots over the period of several months. Sent them all back. Finally bought a pair of work boots that lace up. I was able to try them on so made the decision to buy them an easy one. Now that I've had a chance to try them out, I don't really like them because of the aggressive soul and heel. They dig into the pegs and make moving around difficult.

I'll give the ones you have a try. Hopefully they'll fit. Thanks!
Just make sure you check those prices! A friend of mine does his online shopping at Bike Bandit
and their sale price is $110.00 MORE than Rocky Mountain MC.

I'm not trying to promote one company or knock the other on. I'm sure Bike Bandit has lower prices than
Rocky Mountain MC on some other items, but their prices on the SG-10's are a bit ridiculous.

I've seen plenty of other sites that are selling these boots for well over $400.00 also. I paid $320.00,
got free shipping, and when I had to return the last pair, they paid for me to ship the other boots back
and still gave me free shipping to send me the SG-10's even though I added more stuff to the order.