User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #1501
Hewzie
SMT990 pilot

Oddometer: 16
do u know that u r responsible...

.....for me wasting about 12 hours (I guess) of my employers time over the last three weeks.
I have sneaky followed your journey and now feel like I know u both. Weird, eh?
I'm a West Aussie Kiwi, who has yet to embark on any ride longer than a two week Sth Island adventure back in Xmas 1976!!! (When the Shotover Jet ride cost $5...and we had to think hard as to whether we thought it would be value for money)
Anyway, I feel the juices starting to bubble. I NEED to do a big ride. You have been an inspiration and I hope you both are proud as. Great riding effort. Cheers, Hewzie

Hewzie screwed with this post 07-10-2013 at 10:52 PM
Hewzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #1502
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewzie View Post
.....for me wasting about 12 hours (I guess) of my employers time over the last three weeks.
I have sneaky followed your journey and now feel like I know u both. Weird, eh?
I'm a West Aussie Kiwi, who has yet to embark on any ride longer than a two week Sth Island adventure back in Xmas 1976!!! (When the Shotover Jet ride cost $5...and we had to think hard as to whether we thought it would be value for money)
Anyway, I feel the juices starting to bubble. I NEED to do a big ride. You have been an inspiration and I hope you both are proud as. Great riding effort. Cheers, Hewzie
Heya Hewzie .... I apologize for inspiring

Great news mate, nothing difficult about what we are doing and it is in the grasp of anyone if they want it.

Very happy to read you post and if you want any info please let us know and I will answer as best I can
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #1503
Jantar
Kiwi

Oddometer: 66
[We found so very twisted trees which caught our fascination and this led us down to the river where we enjoyed the whole place to ourselves, Ellen decided it was skinny dip time and I settled for a sit in the sun to take in the peaceful bit of paradise we had been given for the morning.
[/QUOTE]

When you return home, Ellen is welcome to go skinny dipping in our irrigation pond at Alexandra any time she wants. Its much more private than Wanaka.
Jantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #1504
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
When you return home, Ellen is welcome to go skinny dipping in our irrigation pond at Alexandra any time she wants. Its much more private than Wanaka.
Gezz mate you coulda told us before we left it would have saved us thousands

.... there is a certain level of comfort knowing you like her bum rather than my boy fluffy cleavage
Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #1505
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Parque Imposible To El Tunco To San Salvador

Leaving Parque Imposible Mario and Alexandro had decided to come up and meet us at the hostal.

In true style they turn up on two BMW’s, Mario with his daughter Fenanda on their 1200 GSA and Alexandro on a shiny white F800GS .... once again Maya outgunned by the Germans ... but we were happy to be in great company with local leadership.

Setting off after packing up we followed the lads down the 13.5 km stoney road down then headed left to La Libertad on the seaside.

With Mario up front us in the middle and Alexandro we set a nice pace for us two up with gear, beautiful twisty road .... we were bulldozing the front all the way and I later discovered the front tire was at 24 PSI due to a sticky valve problem.

The rear was also at 28 PSI from doing local rides around Guatemala with Julio (Guaterider) so a quick pump up of front and rear now she feels much better.

We also saw a heap of sports bike going warp factor two in the opposite direction utilizing the beautiful day.

We also did a milage check with the addition of opening up the triangles and adding some kitchen scrubbies as precleaners and this seems to be working very well.

Coffee stop down by the seaside, the coffee was good ... just see the look on my face

The beach

We bunked down for the night at the surfers retreat and had a walk along the beach, Ellen took a dip while I played coastguard with the gear, we wanted to do some trip reports but the internet to the town and surround was dead .... the linesmen putting up new cable, seems someone had stolen the phone lines .... literally!!!

Sorry Mike and Jantar no nuddy bum shots here

Swamped

Eating out at a nice place just down from us the guy kindly lent us a phone to call Mario so we could arrange our meeting the next day and head on up to Mario Hill on the Volcan.

That night we had a 5.8 mag earthquake which even the locals were talking about, our cabin rocked quite a bit as the epicenter was only 30 km away from us.

The following morning and like a dodgy drug deal going down we meet up at a puma service station then play follow the leader, this time Mario was on his KTM690 Enduro .... nice machine.

Up at Mario Hill where his basic cabin is located (and offered to travellers) there is a small climb to get there, one corner is paved as it it off cambered so challenging, the rest of the track is true ADV style dirt and grass and when it rains .... well, lets just say experience goes a long way.

Mario on the 690 making it look easy

Me just after ..."the turn"

Track was nice and dry

Mario even had time to huss it up and play

We arrived at the top in one piece, well the place is a wee gem smack bang in the middle of his coffee plantation, quiet, private, secluded, tranquil .... its awful.

The only concessions one makes is no hot water or wifi ... the rest is perfect with a capital P, with its elevation we get a fantastic view of the storms at night with thunder and lightning galore so a treat for us.

More to come....
Old 07-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #1506
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,436
I am GLAD to see you are patched up, and rolling again... Keep the photos coming. ( Ellen is looking very nice. )
Old 07-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #1507
Mike Ryder
Kriegerkuh

Oddometer: 928
I feel quite let down. I thought we were onto a good trend there.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #1508
UltiJayne
Sister on a KLR

Oddometer: 74
You did better than we did at Mario's plantation. We left our bikes halfway up the hill and walked up the rest!

2007 Yamaha YBR125 with L plates! (UK)
2006 KLR650 (Canada)
UltiJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:50 PM   #1509
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post

More to come....
Yebut...... did they wave back ?
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #1510
ozrockrat
Ozrockrat

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Wave he wasn't waving. He was pointing out to the crotch rocket pilot that he had strayed over the yellow line.
ozrockrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #1511
dcstrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Mario on the 690 making it look easy

Me just after ..."the turn"

We arrived at the top in one piece, well the place is a wee gem smack bang in the middle of his coffee plantation, quiet, private, secluded, tranquil .... its awful.
Ah mate, that brings back memories... seems like an age ago I was there. You're a bit woosey though, whining about the state of the track... in the daylight... on a KTM. Try hustling a fat pig Super Tenere up there... in the dark... while eating Mario's dust. I was better going up on my own the next night, when I could actually see something.

Great spot though eh?

Good to see you guys making progress again, keep it going. Look forward to seeing Ellen's bum you guys down here, Peru is awesome so far!

Here's the vid from going up on my lonesome the second night I was there...

Old 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #1512
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
I am GLAD to see you are patched up, and rolling again... Keep the photos coming. ( Ellen is looking very nice. )
Dude it is great to be making progress again, bod is ok but does get sorer quicker at tho mo so exactly what to be expected.

Will keep the photos coming and more Ellen is looking very nice. pics
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #1513
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Ryder View Post
I feel quite let down. I thought we were onto a good trend there.
... I don't know why cos I posted ya more bunny pics here

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=1468

A good trend ... beaches in Nicaragua coming up ... hope these will help
Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 PM   #1514
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltiJayne View Post
You did better than we did at Mario's plantation. We left our bikes halfway up the hill and walked up the rest!
Heya Jane

When we arrived it was dry, we did have some seriously heavy rain which chopped out the track again but no worries for the mighty Mayan.

....besides too bloody hot to carry everything up

On returning on from one day trip there had been astronomical rain which did chop more and expose previous fill....there was a lot of delicate throttle on that run up.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1515
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Anthey did .. well some did anyway.

Surprised to see so many big roadies out, El Salvador/Guate etc is an adventure riders paradise ..... Mario and Julio and keeping it a secret