User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #1801
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,389
Bogota Boys Bash

There is no stopping Salvador when it comes to 4 x 4 and even more so motos.

After a relaxing day 4 wheeling a lads hoon was organized through the back blocks of Colombia north of Bogota, for me this was a treat as I got to sit back knowing we would find our way out with surety..... something new

Meeting up with a V Strom 1k and F800GS and their owners we headed out of town slicing up traffic like a knife through butter out to Juans place set in a stunning valley, so quiet but not far out of the concrete, we were invited in for breakfast .... fed eggs, bread, coffee etc, awesome feed and set us up for the day ....well at least till lunchtime.

The team line up including two XT 660 Tenere's

After our breaky we followed our leader up roads, shingle roads, a couple of goat tracks all through small towns and farm lands.

Lunchtime soon came upon us so we stopped in Pacho for Pollo y papas (Chicken and spuds)

Salvador, not wanting to wait for a photo ... and rightfully so the tucker was very nice

The bikes parked in the main square, first time there was no massive crowd looking, just as we were about to leave a lady wanted her photo, of all the bikes she picked Maya, sorry Dan just shows if ya wonna pick up the chics ya need orange

Another coffee so we could do stupid shit much quicker and we were on the road again heading back toward bogota through various backroads.

We all made it back safe and sound however one of the riders hit a broken down car in the middle of a bridge, the bike and rider both suffered but the rider was ok after some hand surgery, his F800 GS not so well.

Another great day out with grins from ear to ear with thanks to Juan and his good lady, thank you so much for guiding us around .

Again this was where we went, stunning countryside.

....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #1802
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Bogota And Two Dodgy Ozzies

Minding our own business and checking our emails pops up a message saying Two Dodgy Ozzies, being it was bordering on our patented Two Dodgy Kiwis name we investigated further .

Turns out Adrian and Lauren from Ozzie are on a 12 GSA on a north to south trip, just a little shorter than us.

They were arriving in Bogota while we were there and asked if we wanted to catch up???? .... we said nah you are on a BMW, then we found out he did have a 990 Adventure R so ok, we can make concessions(j/k).

We organised to meet and head out for coffee (they also brought along Jürgen, Dan and Sara had seen his F650GS at Girag, Jürgen is tarvelling south too) which turned into lunch, which turned into a walk up the Monserrate for the afternoon followed by an information swap session later that avo.

What a great day out with our neighbours amidst excitement of travel tales and experiences, now Adrian has a feature I am seriously envious of, being able to stand over a tall adventure bike with room to spare, here he is pictured with Ellen.

So Adrian and Lauren are touring on a 12 GSA making the most of their time which is cool to see, onya guys for doing it too.

The Team up at the top after our walk.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #1803
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Again.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #1804
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Page Shortening post

One more
Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #1805
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Bogota To Choachi With Paola And Salvador

Finally after getting stuff sorted with bike, bank and Bogota we set to, destination Choachi via Jesus.

We were here

Salvador convinced Paola it was a great idea to go for lunch at Choachi, I backed him and we won ... boy power WOH HOH.

As Murphy would have when we got to the top it started raining, being the good bastid that I am a lent her my wet pants, if the social team is happy everyone is happy (and dry)

Then ... as Murphy would have it again ... the rain cleared so my pants worked well.... then it got bloody hot however we were up at 3600 metres and it was cool enough to warrant leaving the pants on and helped keep Paola warm.

Arriving at Choachi we went to Salvador and Paolas fav spot with very nice food.

Thanks for that guys, a little treat that was.

So bill time, we agreed at the beginning that we were spotting lunch, Salvador and Paola teamed up and he pulled the “I am going to the toilet” maneuver, Paola tricked me into conversation with Salvador quietly paid until I busted him.

Soooooo while he DID go to the toilet I did the “I will check the bikes” maneuver and quietly stuffed the money into his glovebox on his 950 Adventure ... he he .... won’t get one over the Kiwis!!!

We won, I rang him when he got home and told him to check his glovebox HA ..Done!

Guys thanks for having us stay with you in Bogota, you really made our stay an absolute blast, helping us and Dan and Sara out as well was beyond the call of duty, we look forward to reciprocating in New Zealand.

Team Salvador and Paola

Team total

Old 10-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #1806
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,186
Wow guys! It looks like you are having way too much fun.

Good to see a bit of Landcruiser action there too I'm currently busy with the grinder & welder grafting some bigger axles under my LJ71, GQ Nissan front, 80 series rear, those diffs should stand up to the V8 & the 36" Simexs a bit better

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:41 AM   #1807
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintnz View Post
Wow guys! It looks like you are having way too much fun.

Good to see a bit of Landcruiser action there too I'm currently busy with the grinder & welder grafting some bigger axles under my LJ71, GQ Nissan front, 80 series rear, those diffs should stand up to the V8 & the 36" Simexs a bit better

Cheers
Clint
Heya Clint, great to hear from you mate, swing up some pics would be cool!!

Miss the 4x4 stuff so some 4x4 and home pics are welcomed
Old 10-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #1808
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Choachi To Villanueva

Heading off from the highlands of Choachi heading down to Villavicencio we had a wee surprise of three Royal Enfields out for a hoon.

We made attempts to meet ADVer DaytonaMike in Villavicencio no reply so we continued north and took a shortcut which took an interesting turn.

It was a road through the open backlands of the eastern side, we took a turn which led us down a road winding through farmlands and plantations so very nice indeed.

It was hot so we played in the puddles to cool the boots

Upon leaving a small town our road turned into a single lane vehicle track that slowly but surely disintegrated to a riverbed style of road, we should have known better at this point.

Coming across a small creek we forded it, it was dirty so could not see the bottom or rock, it was also a greasy as a mechanics rag so proved interesting, clip on the pic to play.

Negotiating it successfully we carried on with the track getting gnarlier the it appeared ... a river .... a BIG brown river, we would not even cross it in our truck shown up above let alone on Maya loaded so yeap a bit of a show stopper.

Oh dear, to turn around was a l o n g way back but to cross was impossible.

Turn back, our only option so we did crossing back over the slippery creek and backtracking some 14 km to the turnoff, again turn left and go wide out or go way back and backtrack back up the main road so we chose to turn left clobbering miles of rough stoney roads and finally finding the magical bridge which we were very happy to find or it would have been an epic back track.

This skinny bridge was a welcome sight

Destination was Villanueva, only because we were running miles behind and I was spent, it was also nudging 40 degrees so we were dripping hot, luckily we found a reasonably priced hotel with sort of air-conditioning to save the day.

The last bit of today was so slow with lumpy roads

In fact SO slow today that our shadow got sick of waiting for us then overtook us ... the cheek of it

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 05:22 AM
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #1809
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Good show! I like the shadow trick.
Ride safe....justjeff
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:08 AM   #1810
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Our video #1

This road goes over the top through the National park and runs between Manizales and Murillo in Colombia, awesome views from 4234 meters

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 05:16 AM
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #1811
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Good show! I like the shadow trick.
Ride safe....justjeff
Gotta chuck some humour in when you are running late into the evening
Old 10-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #1812
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post

This road goes over the top through the National park and runs between Manizales and Murillo in Colombia, awesome views from 4234 meters

aaack! blocked in US due to music content

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 AM   #1813
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,293
And blocked in Canada also. But the tube let me take the pic, that doesn't look copyrighted.

This video contains content from BMG_Rights_Management, EMI, Warner Chappell, UMPG Publishing, SACEM and PRS CS, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Sorry about that....
Old 10-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #1814
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Gotta chuck some humour in when you are running late into the evening
Maybe you need to get Maya checked out. Even my KLR goes faster than my shadow!!
Regards....justjeff
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #1815
EVLED
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Not blocked in NZ which of course is most important. Great video, that road looked like a lot of fun!
EVLED is offline   Reply With Quote