User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #1936
mettalique
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
Sorry to hear of your mis fortune at home....hope all goes well

And you were just going through some super nice country too...and it's funny where they put some of these churches, Spectacular!! Although the villages around them probably haven't had that sort of $$ spent on them!!

keep riding
mettalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #1937
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by mettalique View Post
Sorry to hear of your mis fortune at home....hope all goes well

And you were just going through some super nice country too...and it's funny where they put some of these churches, Spectacular!! Although the villages around them probably haven't had that sort of $$ spent on them!!

keep riding
Thanks mate, yeah unexpected but shit happens, lucky we have insurance to cover it.

And yeap very cool locations, Colombia is bloody awesome.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #1938
Spingse
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hi there Kiwis
Long time since Mexico..
Just to spur the next dream of yours, especially Andi if i remember,
here is a couple of pictures from the land of fire and ice.

And another one of the view (Hells kitchen):

On the first picture, if you look closely at the pannier, next to the lock, you should recognize the sticker
And yes, no ride report yet...

Regards, Martin + family
(and a New Zealand trip is still in the planning phase for late 2014 )
Old 11-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #1939
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spingse View Post
Hi there Kiwis
Long time since Mexico..
Just to spur the next dream of yours, especially Andi if i remember,
here is a couple of pictures from the land of fire and ice.

And another one of the view (Hells kitchen):

On the first picture, if you look closely at the pannier, next to the lock, you should recognize the sticker
And yes, no ride report yet...

Regards, Martin + family
(and a New Zealand trip is still in the planning phase for late 2014 )
Heya Martin

Well how cool is that you are there ,WOH HOH!!

Outstanding dude and I hope to hear MUCH more about your trip, I am now the one who is green

And TMK sticker, we are privileged mate ..., Hells kitchen we have nearly the same photo only with a rental cage instead of a moto ... next time

Enjoy the trip mate, LOTS of pics please.

Love to the family too, now we will back in New Zealand early to mid 2015 ... ish so if your trip happened to be then our casa is your casa and it would be very very cool to have you and your family stay.

We live in Wanaka www.wanaka.co.nz

Cheers Andi
Old 11-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #1940
salvadorfrieri
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Hey Andi!

We went on a cool ride yesterday. Juan, Miguel, Daniel, Diego and myself. We did Bogotá - La Mesa - Girardot - Cambao - Viani - Albán - Facatativá - Bogotá.

Its was a great ride except for... when I stopped for petrol in Cambao I realized my topcase was missing (!!!!!). Rode all the way back to Girardot (60 kms) looking for it with no luck. So now I'm shopping for a new topcase. :(

Somewhere there's somebody on a 125cc AKT or a Bajaj with a beautiful Hepco & Becker Topcase, wearing my rain suit and gloves.

The worst part is, my wedding card samples were in that box. You can imagine how happy Pao is with me right now...

Oh well, at least it was a great ride!!!

Salvi
salvadorfrieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #1941
salvadorfrieri
Gnarly Adventurer

By the way, my TMK sticker was in the inside of the topcase lid. You need to come back to bring me another one.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #1942
Saralou
Worldwide Rider

Oddometer: 679
Fire

Sorry to hear about the house, but wow lucky it could gave been so much worse. We may see you again soon if your back in Quito before tomorrow. Sara

ADV RR Finding Freedom...World Wide Ride

Join the Adventure
Saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #1943
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvadorfrieri View Post
By the way, my TMK sticker was in the inside of the topcase lid. You need to come back to bring me another one.
Sounds like a great ride apart from losing the case, damn man that is a bugger

No flatties on the Strom this time?

Yeah the wedding card lose ..... Paola not happy, understandable ... so do you still need wedding plans or do you have all the time in the world to ride now (j/k)

Hmmmm, Banos to Bogota ... it on the same page on G maps

Best for getting another case, maybe look at Pelicon as an alternative but I don't know if they make anything helmet sized.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 AM   #1944
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralou View Post
Sorry to hear about the house, but wow lucky it could gave been so much worse. We may see you again soon if your back in Quito before tomorrow. Sara
Heya Sara, probably gonna be in Banos next day or so then Ambato then the Cotopaxi Vulcan road ... not sure yet, never are really
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 AM   #1945
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,444
So?? Any updates?? If not we'd like to hear the story....Bush fire and Ducati????

Eh!Eh!....You guys better come back to the holiday house, we could share burning bikes stories. May involve booze, guns etc...etc...!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #1946
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
So?? Any updates?? If not we'd like to hear the story....Bush fire and Ducati????

Eh!Eh!....You guys better come back to the holiday house, we could share burning bikes stories. May involve booze, guns etc...etc...!
Yeah sorry boss been enjoying Ecuador ..... and yes I have been writing and it WILL be tonight.

Guns, booze .. .add chics and I will be there.

We are planning a trans Canadian trip mate so yeus we will come back, get some decent plant and grog again
Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #1947
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Talking Ecuador .. Finally The Middle, The Border To Quito

Ecuador The Border To Quito

Arriving at the border we did the usual formalities, we also meet another couple of two weestroms which was cool, just on two hours we were set and on our way, again into a new country so having to relearn everything about it in a hurry.

Guess who had been here before us

We did a huge day of 17 km and settled in Tulcan for the night to get feet on the ground and suss out costs etc.

From Tulcan we went coastal enjoying a great ride through Ecuadorian jungle and heading to San Lorenzo, San Lorenzo wouldn’t be classed as a tourist stop but interesting none the less.

On the way they were doing massive road works, three diggers perched up on hillside just throwing bucket after bucket down, spectacular stuff, we sat on the road watching it for 40 minutes

The ride down the coast line was good sweeping through lush jungle and out to barren desert like areas, turning inland we headed for Quito to find out the lowdown on Ecuador from the lads at Freedom Rentals.

The very kindly spotted us a Tee shirt each and a key ring for Maya so now I have two formal going out shirts ... flash as Michael Jackson

We bunked down at Casa Helbling in Quito, what a great place that is with real Wifi and proper hot water and very very nice hosts.

We kicked around in Quito taking the city in, old town was beautiful.

Next up was Papallacta thermal pools.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #1948
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quito To Papallacta

Bailing out of Quito we headed firstly to the equator to see the 0000000 on the GPS, we then did a u turn heading out to Papallacta, the road was stunning seeing us climbing to 4100 meters.

Being the Pan Am it is also like a race track, a nice change from lumps and rocks.

See what we had to put up with, mind you it was only about 8 degs too

Papallacta, thermal pool area and stunning, the hotel we stayed at sits at 3300 meters and has a set with a mountainous backdrop.

This came highly recommended by fello adventurer Hektoglider and he was bang on!

Plug this in and it will get you to the front door, you will NOT regret it.

Staying there two nights we walked and relaxed in the hot pools, 2 days of decadence, on the second day we were going to head into the park but a big digger cut a culvert size trench right across the road so there was no way through.

Once at location there are walks to do in stunning backdrops and in the bush

Take the time out it is a great place to relax
Old 11-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #1949
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oyachachi Road

Here we are back to our old ways of wanting to look around the next corner and the lure of a gravel road winding its way into Gods back yard and disappearing into a vale the fog was too much, as luck would have it the digger had filled the road in so we carried on past the thermal resort and through the first gates, up to the next station 4 km up, the Police were there so we waved and carried on looking very authoritative, they waved back like this guy -> .

It was only a little wet

]

Up to the lake ... pics, Police passed us, we caught up with the Police and followed them into Oyacachi, we continued down to roads end which was 24 km from the main drag.

BIG rains had demolished the road and the river wiped out the lot.

One digger and big bully parked there slowly making the road again but no bueno today

We turned around and went back a few km, 2.6 km outa town are Cabins so we bunked down there the night.

The cabins were being run by an 8 year old girl and a 13 year old boy as mum and dad were away and not back till the following night.

Fire lighter No 1

And her bro

We managed trade breakfast for tea, they run a trout farm so it was trout, rice, chips and salad all prepared by the young fella and his younger sister, talk about top notch.

This was followed up by sitting in front of an open fire watching Motorcycle Diaries ... good times.

The sun rose and we rode back, the construction crew placing pipework in for water for Qutio saw 200 - 300 women and men hand digging and laying pipework at around 4000 meters.

Some pics from the lake at mid point

Getting back to the rangers point the chain was across the road, Ellen hops off and drops the chain, the park ranger comes out not sure what to do, we say buenos (hello) and fit the chain back up and ride off with an authoritative smile and wave as he did back and everybody was happy.

Mr Park ranger was not sure what to do at all with a big orange alien with bright eyes and some people who "seemed" to know what they were doing so we just carried that through and it worked, we were however armed with toffee lollies if needed.

To say this park is stunning is an understatement, we stood there at the lake just taking the place in, it is one of those secluded quiet places that pulls the heart strings letting you know you really are alive.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #1950
salvadorfrieri
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Best for getting another case, maybe look at Pelicon as an alternative but I don't know if they make anything helmet sized.
Nah.. going for the same one. Me like Gobi.