Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #361
flying kiwi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Yippee...will be retired by then, lots of time....!

The GS is in little pieces, nothing good there in that engine. Not worth fixing unless you send me a few thousands of them good NZ dollars.About 3-4,000 worth in CA $$$.Baah....bring me some Ice Cream or Lumps instead. I should Fleabay the parts and buy a big thumper. Following Andi and the DRs not too sure anymore about Suzukis.

I think me or Ken could find you something acceptable....and reliable! Not sure about insuring in BC/Canada as a non-citizen, was going to look into that eventually.....need more time!

See you later on the Pin thread, you know I had to follow your instructions with pics, sort of....!

Andi....need more pics before some of us head out to work in the recent earthquake zone. No pressure, got a few days I think before I loose my good connection, then I'll take time to fill up the noob with "text",been a long time, will/should have more time.....!
Maybe I'll just have to crate my K over there. Would be kinda cool to to the ride on my own scoot
2002 K1200RS Ride #18. Owned from new. Pacific Blue of course. Suspended on Ohlins. 116,000+km
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads
1916 Triumph Type H, Western front, France WW1 - my Grandads
The cheapest is often the most expensive form of economy
flying kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #362
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying kiwi View Post
Maybe I'll just have to crate my K over there. Would be kinda cool to to the ride on my own scoot
Yeah that's what I was gonna say, Highway 6.....Ship/fly to Kelowna, I can find a trailer easy enough.

Get out of here so Andi can post pics....I also think he may have an idea about them crated freight costs by now.

I think I filled your boots somewhere else, if you have time that is....!

Ok just for you...somewhere in Montana, shortly after Kalispell....!You may also have some long lost cousins this way...

Old 10-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #363
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,487
Andi' bike has fixed

Just came back from Lodi, we received an email from Clawson at 4:40pm, they have fixed our bike. We can leave tomorrow, there is no need to visa extension anymore, WooHoo

Andi is on the way picking up the bike....
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #364
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Hang on a minute, there is an other story

My bike was fixed earlier which took the heat out of the B2 Visa saga.

When the bike was fixed up north the dealership through out washable stainless steel oil filter after instructions not to through it.

So tonight I checked just to make sure rather than getting in Mexico and finding out it was accidentally thrown oil, oil puked out of the oil filter case which it is not supposed to do????

On inspection the oil is full of fine metal and very shiny , bike done 10 miles since at the dealership.

Back to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #365
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Pissed The B2 VISA Saga FFS

The VISA B2 Saga, so this is the pinnacle of excellent US intellectual bureaucratic bullshit, read on and have a larf as there quite simply is no other wau to look at it.

Ok, due to my bike needing serious work again we took it in to Fresno as when we leave the USA our warrantee is over.

Clawson Suzuki in Fresno took it apart and established the problem which appears to be incorrect assembly when it was last put back together from its first failure, the parts we established will not be in until November 1st, our B2 VISA expires November 2nd.

We have gone out of our way with USCIS, US Immigration and NZ Consulate, not one of these organisations say they can help ..... WTF you are kidding???

So Monday Oct 29th we go to Sacramento to 656 Capital Ave to the big office.

On entering the building the guard required ID, so we showed him our drivers licence, he needed our passports which we had so no worries at all, shoes off, no cameras so Trevor said hey I will look after them down here, belts etc off no worries and up we go.

We talked to a very nice lady at the counter who booked us an interview straight away, looked like we were making progress.

We also got the information pamphlet for Trevor a fello ADVer so I took that down to the lobby where he was waiting and told him we will be having an interview shortly so will meet him back down there in say 20 minutes.

I went back into the foyer and the same guard said, I need ID ... well that is when the fight started.

Me = Me, G = Guard

G, I need ID

Me, here is my licence again

G, I need your passport

Me, my passport is upstairs with my wife waiting for our interview

G, well you can’t come in

Me, but you have seen my passport only two minutes ago along with our drivers licence

G, but you don’t have your passport

Me, you saw it 2 minutes ago, I am still me and haven’t changed!!.

G, but you don’t have it now.

Me, what, you are kidding???

G, (straight face), please step outside to the lobby

Me, FFS,

G, I will call someone down

Me, thanks

10 minutes goes by... no-one has come down one floor

Me, walk back in to guard, where is someone?

G, no-one came down

Me, well call them again please as I am supposed to be in an interview

G, ouwh ok, please step outside to the lobby

Me .... you’re kidding?? but I will go outside

10 more minutes lady appears

G, this is him (pointing at me)

So the Lady says we can’t find anyone for you, I say my wife is upstairs with my passport that he saw prior, I present her with both our drivers licences.

I say please look for her, this is what she looks like, same photo on her licence as her passport, same for me, she says to the guard you won’t let him through but you saw his passport?, guard says yes but he does not have his passport.

Lady, but you have seen it

G, yes

Lady, why won’t you let him through

G, he doesn’t have his passport with him

Me, stunned look in amazement at this guys lack of logic, common sense is not that common and we now have living proof.

Lady, are you serious?, he (me) can come with me

G .... pissed off as overridden by Lady.

Me, stunned that this shit was even happening

So that is how the efficient US government machine works to help people out, I would expect shit like this from a 3rd world border, different language places but not here in english speaking educated US, land of the free unless you are here.

We have tried our best to get an extension/dispensation for the one or two days we may be over our VISA due to circumstance beyond our control and unforeseen only to yet again be trashed by stupid US rules and regs with NO-ONE from ANY organization having any power to help or take control, we are stunned.

Grump over but my mind cannot comprehend this weird system you mericans have in place, after battling like hell to do everything right at our expense I am now not sure if I want to come back to the US unless shit like this gets changed to normality...it does not have to be that hard.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #366
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,366
Just talked to a friend of mine who overstayed 9 days last year: He had no problems at the airport leaving the US , neither this year when he reentered the US
I wouldn't worry too much about overstaying a few days
Good luck with your bike !
Old 10-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #367
lightcycle
Nomad

Oddometer: 531
What a nightmare. Hope everything works out for you guys soon!
Old 10-31-2012, 12:23 AM   #368
flying kiwi
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Yeah that's what I was gonna say, Highway 6.....Ship/fly to Kelowna, I can find a trailer easy enough.

Get out of here so Andi can post pics....I also think he may have an idea about them crated freight costs by now.

I think I filled your boots somewhere else, if you have time that is....!

Ok just for you...somewhere in Montana, shortly after Kalispell....!You may also have some long lost cousins this way...:wi

Hey, what do I need a trailer for When I landed my bike in Kiwi, I asked how to get it from customs clearance to the motor registry for its inspection. I was told to trailer it, but he added, bikes just seem to turn up and the owners always seem to have a helmet with them....
And no, no cousins out your way. Actually, I do! but he's not in politics
2002 K1200RS Ride #18. Owned from new. Pacific Blue of course. Suspended on Ohlins. 116,000+km
Old 10-31-2012, 12:30 AM   #369
flying kiwi
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
The VISA B2 Saga, so this is the pinnacle of excellent US intellectual bureaucratic bullshit, read on and have a larf as there quite simply is no other wau to look at it.

Ok, due to my bike needing serious work again we took it in to Fresno as when we leave the USA our warrantee is over.

Clawson Suzuki in Fresno took it apart and established the problem which appears to be incorrect assembly when it was last put back together from its first failure, the parts we established will not be in until November 1st, our B2 VISA expires November 2nd.

We have gone out of our way with USCIS, US Immigration and NZ Consulate, not one of these organisations say they can help ..... WTF you are kidding???

So Monday Oct 29th we go to Sacramento to 656 Capital Ave to the big office.

On entering the building the guard required ID, so we showed him our drivers licence, he needed our passports which we had so no worries at all, shoes off, no cameras so Trevor said hey I will look after them down here, belts etc off no worries and up we go.

We talked to a very nice lady at the counter who booked us an interview straight away, looked like we were making progress.

We also got the information pamphlet for Trevor a fello ADVer so I took that down to the lobby where he was waiting and told him we will be having an interview shortly so will meet him back down there in say 20 minutes.

I went back into the foyer and the same guard said, I need ID ... well that is when the fight started.

Me = Me, G = Guard

G, I need ID

Me, here is my licence again

G, I need your passport

Me, my passport is upstairs with my wife waiting for our interview

G, well you can’t come in

Me, but you have seen my passport only two minutes ago along with our drivers licence

G, but you don’t have your passport

Me, you saw it 2 minutes ago, I am still me and haven’t changed!!.

G, but you don’t have it now.

Me, what, you are kidding???

G, (straight face), please step outside to the lobby

Me, FFS,

G, I will call someone down

Me, thanks

10 minutes goes by... no-one has come down one floor

Me, walk back in to guard, where is someone?

G, no-one came down

Me, well call them again please as I am supposed to be in an interview

G, ouwh ok, please step outside to the lobby

Me .... you’re kidding?? but I will go outside

10 more minutes lady appears

G, this is him (pointing at me)

So the Lady says we can’t find anyone for you, I say my wife is upstairs with my passport that he saw prior, I present her with both our drivers licences.

I say please look for her, this is what she looks like, same photo on her licence as her passport, same for me, she says to the guard you won’t let him through but you saw his passport?, guard says yes but he does not have his passport.

Lady, but you have seen it

G, yes

Lady, why won’t you let him through

G, he doesn’t have his passport with him

Me, stunned look in amazement at this guys lack of logic, common sense is not that common and we now have living proof.

Lady, are you serious?, he (me) can come with me

G .... pissed off as overridden by Lady.

Me, stunned that this shit was even happening

So that is how the efficient US government machine works to help people out, I would expect shit like this from a 3rd world border, different language places but not here in english speaking educated US, land of the free unless you are here.

We have tried our best to get an extension/dispensation for the one or two days we may be over our VISA due to circumstance beyond our control and unforeseen only to yet again be trashed by stupid US rules and regs with NO-ONE from ANY organization having any power to help or take control, we are stunned.

Grump over but my mind cannot comprehend this weird system you mericans have in place, after battling like hell to do everything right at our expense I am now not sure if I want to come back to the US unless shit like this gets changed to normality...it does not have to be that hard.
Oh FFS! You have got to be pissing me. This would NEVER happen in Noo Zland when you cross the border between the north and south island.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #370
SkycamNZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
That guard... UN-BERLUDDY-BELIEVABLE!!!! I'm steamed and I'm only READING about it! Sure hope you don't encounter anything LIKE the BS you witnessed there in the remainder of your travels.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #371
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuateRider View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about overstaying a few days
Good luck with your bike !
Well it was looking like we would make it just in time but that is now blown clean out the window again because of my bike.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #372
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightcycle View Post
What a nightmare. Hope everything works out for you guys soon!
Thanks guys, it is turning to shit more and more each day, this is really starting to break my enthusiasm
Old 10-31-2012, 09:52 AM   #373
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying kiwi View Post
Oh FFS! You have got to be pissing me.
Nup, no pissing just facts, still struggle with mr little dick guard, as if our problems weren't enough that no fucking official place can even help
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 AM   #374
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkycamNZ View Post
That guard... UN-BERLUDDY-BELIEVABLE!!!! I'm steamed and I'm only READING about it! Sure hope you don't encounter anything LIKE the BS you witnessed there in the remainder of your travels.
Heya Pete, see above saves the broken record.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #375
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Back At The Dealer

We turned up on their doorstep at 8.00am, they took my bike in and said they would drain the oil which they did, they removed the filter as well.

This is what came out, this is 10 miles worth, i.e. from dealer to Shanns then back to dealer.

They put new oil in and a Suzuki factory paper filter claiming my washable stainless filter was not good enough.

Their tech took it for a 6 mile ride, came back pulled the sump bung and filter, the filter was grey with an alloy/bronze look about it.

I could repost the picture above and it would be no different to that.

Their manager fello chimed in saying that something was definitely wrong (no shit) so they are pulling it apart again.

3rd gear still grizzles and the shit continues, I asked if they could get Suzuki to just replace the engine complete as they have spent more trying to fix it than the bike is worth, we have now been off the road with failures for more than 25% of our trip and it is costing us money and time now not to mention stress having to deal with immigration or more to the point irritation.

Now we play the waiting game again, another two weeks? who knows.

Can a shitty day get worse, yes is the answer to that with the destruction of my 1 month old G9 communication set.

I am about ready to pack it all in and go home. , I am out for a walk to consider my options now.